Lupo

99hjhm

Quality work james :)

Thanks Alex :)

Fitting a new coolant bottle transforms the engine bay. The R8 cap looks fresh too!

Sure does, think they have gone up in price quite a bit.

lovely example of a gti :)

Thanks. :)

i like the new work ;)

Which new work is that then? ;)

PERFECT !!

hehe. :)

More updates to follow.

Had a bit of a hard week with the car...

Went it to Greg Howell’s to paint the wings and bonnet as well as sorting the alignment of time panels out.

The top section of the front bumper he did for me had already blistered all over. Sanded it back to find it was a primer issue, luckily I had bought it through the same TPS he uses and after a lot of phone calls and moaning from us both they delivered a fully painted bumper within two days! It could of taken weeks other wise to sort out at one of their approved bodyshops, and if it had come from the local dealer I might as well have binned it. VW parts warranty is a real nightmare, they didn’t want to cover the costs of painting a new bumper, only supply it. So big thanks to Ben at TPS Coventry. The paint finish was well upto Greg’s standard, but there are a few bits that need flatting on it as VW were told not to finish it at all.

The rest of the paint has turned out perfect, bonnet is like glass, we’ve left the wings with some orange peel on to match the rest of the car. LOL, look silly otherwise. Turned the whole thing round in 3 and a bit days after wanting the car for a week and a half! As well as doing a make over on his Mk5 R32 for UD’s. Greg and Iain do a really good job, well worth paying extra over a normal bodyshop, quality is superb and hopefully so is the durability with all the lacquer that’s on it.

Panel fit is much better now and the arches are pulled out a fair bit more compared to how they were, with no kinking.Just how I wanted it. Before it went I took all the VW wing abd bonnet bolts out, tapped the body and fitted stainless allen headed bolts so no need to try painting the bolts and it looking a mess.

Couldn't get a decent image of the blistering, this is VW's attempt at redoing the bumper, not a bad job....

IMG_2878e.jpg

Have to excuse the road dust, don't want to wash it yet though...

IMG_2881e.jpg

IMG_2882e.jpg

IMG_2889e.jpg

Bottom fitted with new modified LCR splitter...

IMG_2834e.jpg

Built up, didn't realise it was such a pain to clip these togeather, fitted new dealer number plate with velcro and new tow eye covers....

IMG_2896e.jpg

Today I attacked the rear wheel arches, sloting the arch at the rear and folding it back on it'self to gain more tyre clearence, unbolting the bumper and cutting that back too. Trial fitted the wheels, looks high but sure it will rub like a cow.

IMG_2886e.jpg

Sealed the wheels with G-Techniq C5, so never a need to polish and seal them again I hope.

Might look into reducung the spacers and lowering it down some more.

Still to do before UD's....

Fit new bumper and new headlight washer nozzles.

Fit brakes, have all the bits ready now

Remove arch liners, wash and fit new ones in.

Fit induction kit on

Fit new gloss B-pillat trims.

Fit new drivers side dash vent.

Then cleaning.

:)

Very nice mines lower than that on the back with my 16,s had my arches rolled but it some times rubs on the little plastic bit on the bumper under the rear arch.

Edited by lupolouie

Nice one james. The two bumper sections are an arse to put back together arent they!

Looking good. Ive just had a call from my paintguy, my car is in primer, picking it up Thursday morning :D

Very nice mines lower than that on the back with my 16,s had my arches rolled but it some times rubs on the little plastic bit on the bumper under the rear arch.

What ET have you got? The pic above is ET5! It's pretty easy to take the screw out of the endof the bumper, pull it outwards and cut some off.

Top Draw as always James. Will look forward to having a guided tour at UD! Stu;-)

Thanks Stu, likewise.

Nice one james. The two bumper sections are an arse to put back together arent they!

Looking good. Ive just had a call from my paintguy, my car is in primer, picking it up Thursday morning :D

Woo, going to be tight still? Much cleaning to do?

Nice work! I popped into Greg the other day! Fantastic guy with so much passion.

He's a great guy, only popped over to pick the car up the other night, spend way over an hour talking about all sorts of rubbish.

looks amazing dude its crazy how fast greg turns them round and his work is awesome cant wait to see it now dude

I told him I wanted it by the weekend and got a phone call Wed night. :)

Not done much today, swapped a few more bolts for stainless ones and ordered some more cleaning stuff.

Speechless !!!

:wub:

Lookin good any beter at stopping?

Not 100% sure TBH, no worries about them not been able to stop the car though. Need to bed the pads in first. The ABS comes on easy enough, so should be good.

Speechless !!!

:wub:

Reallly?

Cant wait to get mine fitted, they do look the part.

What sort of ET are you running there? and what clearance are we looking at?

Need to see if they will get under the RS's which i doubt... saying that it does look like there a good inch to the edge of the wheel, i know there 16's but they still might fit. Bloody hope so!

Dunno how mine will work on the peddle box arrangement, only time will tell i suppose.

John

Cant wait to get mine fitted, they do look the part.

What sort of ET are you running there? and what clearance are we looking at?

Need to see if they will get under the RS's which i doubt... saying that it does look like there a good inch to the edge of the wheel, i know there 16's but they still might fit. Bloody hope so!

Dunno how mine will work on the peddle box arrangement, only time will tell i suppose.

John

ET35 in that pic above. Probably 4-5mm clearence to the spokes. Radial clearence is huge, the RS's will be fine there as the Bathursts are.

Should be even better with the pedal box, .625" master cylinder gives tonnes of line pressure.

They fitted straight on, not issues, bleeding only took two mins. Only started planning these last Sempember, added up how much these cost and gave up when i worked half of it out.

IMG_2902e.jpg