Lupo

99hjhm

Dude the car looks awesome very fresh example! :)

Jst wondering if by any chance if you could do a how to on the carbon affect? Or poss pm me of how you did them and what you used and where you got it from?

Thanks

Rtich

Check on youtube, fair few video's on there. Heat is a must, we use a hair dryer and hot air gun to stretch and set the glue too. All the interior bits we have done have been sanded to remove all the texture and then degreased with brake cleaner to ensure good results. It takes alot of time, and the carbon is quite expensive.

Buy it off eBay, 1M sections or bigger are the cheapist way of buying it.

Wasn't happy with the finish of the engine cover, so my brother redid the carbon inserts.....

IMG_2515e.jpg

IMG_2516e.jpg

Also removed the heated pipe from the bottom of the cover.

Got these through from Kam Racing....

IMG_2522e.jpg

^ Swapped all the bolts for polished stainless ones. B)

They were a real pain to fit!! Took about 4.5 hours filing the holes in the strut tower, working out how they fitted togeather and then sorting the camber etc afterwards. Still not sure if i have done it right, Foxy helped me out with some pics. Not a great product TBH. The results are worth the effort though, far more precise cornering and in a straight line, adjusted them for maximum castor, this helps the steering self centralise and adds dynamic camber under load, exactly what you need. :)

IMG_2524e.jpg

Got my seat frames back from the powder coaters, they have totally ****ed them up, finish is OK, but they must have acid dipped them first and the metal is pitted like the Titanic.

IMG_2527e.jpg

Didn't charge me and collected and delivered them, so couldn't really complain. :(

Got these from a local VW place that have just opened up round the corner from where Dad works.....

IMG_2530e.jpg

Finished them off with a touch of carbon.

Need to get some tyres now but all of a sudden 195/40/16 tyres seem to have become VERY expensive!!! Camskill don't even do the ones I want any longer! :huh:

Looking great mate. I've been after a set of those inserts for a while. Need to get a set ordered now they're back in stock.

Yeah, didn't realise the place on eBay is near where I live.

Forgot this pic too....

IMG_2532e.jpg

Had to get these end plugs sent from Germany, couldn't find any over here the correct size!

Tomorrows plans...

Remove boot panel for dent removal.

Fit new boot handle, try to repair lock/switch.

Polish and wax new bumper, fit togeather,modify and fit LCR splitter, velcro for number plates.

Fit new passenger side mirror cap.

Change coolant bottle.

Clean Mk5 seats(Again) and fit, fit inserts, modify rail covers and possibly carbon wrap.

Strip out dash center and t-piece.

See how much I actually get done. :lol:

Edited by 99hjhm

You update your thread far too much :)

What did you get done.

Yeah I know. lol

Remove boot panel for dent removal.

Fit new boot handle, try to repair lock/switch.

Polish and wax new bumper, fit togeather,modify and fit LCR splitter, velcro for number plates.

Fit new passenger side mirror cap.

Change coolant bottle.

Clean Mk5 seats(Again) and fit, fit inserts, modify rail covers and possibly carbon wrap.

Strip out dash center and t-piece.

Vac'd the interior and washed it too.

Some phone pics....

IMG_0308e.jpg

IMG_0306e.jpg

Almost finished induction kit...

IMG_0305e.jpg

IMG_0304e.jpg

Edited by 99hjhm

Top mounts look good. I bought some a few months back but had a change of mind and sent them back!

How have they affected the ride quality?

I expected ride quality to be dreadful(Well even worse than running polybushes and coilovers) but it's no worse, little more springy over the speed bumps which makes it better actually. I can't beleive how much I needed to file out of the tower to make them fit, over 15mm, and the nuts are not safe, so going to have to make some more(They are only modified wheel nuts) or helicoil the ones that came in the kit. No instructions or anything, it could easilly be got wrong fitting them!

where are you gonna be ducting air from?

also how did you remove your old head light switch to fit the chrome one?, iv had a quick look and its not apparent.

where are you gonna be ducting air from?

also how did you remove your old head light switch to fit the chrome one?, iv had a quick look and its not apparent.

Filter will be infornt of the drivers side arch liner, where the carbon canister was.

To get the light switch out, press the lever in, turn to the centre, it will lock and then you can pull it out.

I expected ride quality to be dreadful(Well even worse than running polybushes and coilovers) but it's no worse, little more springy over the speed bumps which makes it better actually. I can't beleive how much I needed to file out of the tower to make them fit, over 15mm, and the nuts are not safe, so going to have to make some more(They are only modified wheel nuts) or helicoil the ones that came in the kit. No instructions or anything, it could easilly be got wrong fitting them!

Thats good news then, i expected it to be harsh.

The lack of supporting info was a joke, even the manufacture could'nt supply me with any. The main reason I sent them back was the unit had been annodised then machine leaving a exposed edge!

Thats good news then, i expected it to be harsh.

The lack of supporting info was a joke, even the manufacture could'nt supply me with any. The main reason I sent them back was the unit had been annodised then machine leaving a exposed edge!

Yes same, I just coated it with grease. Probably had the pair you sent back!

Filter will be infornt of the drivers side arch liner, where the carbon canister was.

To get the light switch out, press the lever in, turn to the centre, it will lock and then you can pull it out.

ahhh i was wondering how you were gonna get metal piping down there lol, was hard enough gettin a flexi down there when i did it.

nice work, would like to do sumit like the myself but its beyond my ability im afraid lol

IMG_2522e.jpg

Hey James im a bit of an amateur when it comes to suspension as ive just brought my first set of coilovers, what are these top mounts about and what are they there for pal?

IMG_2522e.jpg

Hey James im a bit of an amateur when it comes to suspension as ive just brought my first set of coilovers, what are these top mounts about and what are they there for pal?

The top mounts insulate the suspension from the body, trouble is they flex under load which upsets the geometery. These solid ones don't flex, they also allow you to adjust the castor and camber easily. Not cheap though. I would just fit a new set of OEM bearings and top mounts if fitting coilovers.

Not got a massive amount done this weekend.

Had a few dents taken out, guy did a really good job, apart from leaving a few nasty scratches I can't get out....

IMG_2271e.jpg

Mostly gone now...

IMG_2282e.jpg

Had Toyo T1-R's fitted to the RC's, all done without any damage. :)

IMG_2270e.jpg

Decided to keep the decals...

IMG_2266e.jpg

Dash is all back togeather now, but took the rear seats out for a little bit of OEM+ modification.

Good work, did they compensate you or anything?

Good work, did they compensate you or anything?

No he just said he would get it out, like I would let him try that! Will be having further words next time I see him!

Great work. Wheels look fantastic! Going to sort out having mine done.

Shame about the scratches left.

Cool. Yeah, it's annoying.

Haha awesome, mine are both done now, defo a change for the best :)

Yep...

I'm really happy with mine, thanks to Matt for doing most of the work.

From this, were not that bad to start with...

IMG_2344e.jpg

To this...

IMG_2317e.jpg

IMG_2330e.jpg

IMG_2329e.jpg

WOW

You and Matt really do have an eye for detail

Everythin is coming togeather realllly nicely

Cant wait till UD's

12yan

Edited by 12yan