Realistically...

LiamD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Yu has just bought one http://test.auto-journals.com/journals/Fer...&journal=26 prepare for some eye watering costs to come though.

He sold that a while ago, I believe - look at the "Purchased" date ;)

For me, I'm aiming at one more stupid car before I get sensible and start doing some investing. Looking at:

Z4M Coupe

Porsche 964

B7 RS4

But I'll probably get an Exige S I think...never had so much fun in a car as I did in my Elise.

Strangely, I've found if I cash everything in and get a small loan, I could stretch to something really stupid like a Ferrari 355 or AM V8...but there is a part that think "Wow, that would be awesome!" and a bigger part that says "That would be a stupid thing to do" ;)

Funny a lot of people mention the Audi S3, everyone I know who's had one say how brilliantly capable cars they are, but also very very dull, and sold them because of that. I drove a mates Leon Cupra R, it was no doubt a nice car, but so boring, it didn't feel quick at all, even though it was quick, if you know what I mean.

I've always wanted one of these, I don't think I'd ever own as S1 RST, but maybe an S2.

19.jpg

i don't have to be realistic or need to spend heaps to get it or spend anything infact :P i will inherit my dream car

4.2L L6, series 2 jag e-type original, much like the one on the link below, but rhd and grey leather interior.

http://www.virhistory.com/cars/jaguar.htm

lush!

Funny a lot of people mention the Audi S3, everyone I know who's had one say how brilliantly capable cars they are, but also very very dull, and sold them because of that. I drove a mates Leon Cupra R, it was no doubt a nice car, but so boring, it didn't feel quick at all, even though it was quick, if you know what I mean.

I've always wanted one of these, I don't think I'd ever own as S1 RST, but maybe an S2.

19.jpg

liam i had a black series 1 rs turbo, i bought it from a police auction way way back and sold on for a huge profit as apparently there were litterally a handfull made ,i was also told that princess diana owned one but not sure if that's true at all. lol.

either way a nice useable classic ford .

my dad's is mint i think hes had it since year dot, at least it will be mint when he finishes tinkering and putting it ALL back together again, just now it's in sooooo many bits it takes up the whole double (almost triple) garage!!! he's taken everything out for its full overhall clean. although he'd better do it soon, he's 60 in jan, and is currently spending all his time and efforts on his 9m sail boat! god dammit, i wanted the jag for my wedding in april nae luck! i at least want it finished for when he pops his clogs ;) lol

my stepmum bought the wire alloys like in the link, for dads crimbo/bday one year, i can't mind how much they were (i was about 15 at the time, i'm now 31) but arm and leg don't cover it. very expensive to get parts but sooooo worth it it's beautiful to drive and just listening to the engine makes me droool!

i mind saying pointedly that i wasn't offering to clean the alloys EVER. the rest of the car yeah, the alloys? my bro can do them :P

Dream car garage:

My babys, no need to ever sell them!

DSCF7208.jpg

39.jpg

AND:

_X0B9074-L.jpg

R8

2cfe_3.jpg

Custom old school.

lrg-1221-porsche_906_6620.jpg

Porsche 906 (This would really have to be lotto win though)

gtiiiijpgj.jpg

GTi

308gtb4.jpg

Ferrari 308 GTB

330-wp-sakura.jpg

Datsun Cedric

1644989.jpg

Porsche speedster

0601cct_coe_02_z.jpg

Old school truck

0706sr_11_zgrand_national_roadster_.jpg

Hot rod

I rhink thats it...

liam i had a black series 1 rs turbo, i bought it from a police auction way way back and sold on for a huge profit as apparently there were litterally a handfull made ,i was also told that princess diana owned one but not sure if that's true at all. lol.

either way a nice useable classic ford .

Yeah that is true Princess Diana had one of the very last S1s in black... they are very very rare like. That's now two of my fave cars you've had (S1 RST and a Renny 5 turbo!). I thought about an S2 RST before the G40 but stupidly had VW blinkers on, and I don't think my budget really stretched to a nice one.

Mmm. Golf Rallye... a true VW moneypit though! In fact I think anything that ends with G40 or G60 is a moneypit :lol:

160_0707_01_z%201989_vw_golf_rallye%20front_view.jpg

mate of mine is in the process of restoring an e-type with his dad, its SO bloody expensive to get bits for it and they are finding it quite hard to get hold of some parts, will look mint when its done though!

Current sat in our unit taking up to much space:

Photo-01761.jpg

good choice,

thinking realistic, my GTI will become a run around car/ winter car and I'll purchase a caterham (heres hope these will drop under 20,000)

2008-Caterham-Seven-Superlight-R500-Side-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

As it happens i drove one of the R500's this week.

Quite nice, quick but sooooo noisey, you would need eardefenders and thats just for the gearbox.

Current sat in our unit taking up to much space:

Photo-01761.jpg

that's a quality work bench you have there! not many folk can say they use an old e-type as a paper roll holder ;)

is there any pics of it being stripped? and i do hope you's are taking pics as go along doing it up :D cos i wanna see :D

that's a quality work bench you have there! not many folk can say they use an old e-type as a paper roll holder ;)

is there any pics of it being stripped? and i do hope you's are taking pics as go along doing it up :D cos i wanna see :D

id rather not take many progress pics lol. its a fibreglass replica based on a 6 cyl xjs in for a full dip

id rather not take many progress pics lol. its a fibreglass replica based on a 6 cyl xjs in for a full dip

slacker ;) when do you reckon you'll have it finished by? i'd quite like to see a pic of the finished result :D