Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Stu the odr is total filth lol I think I'm one of the only people on here that can appreciate the effort that has gone into the audio building a car is easy building a car that can win tropies with Emma is something else and I think you've managed to combine the 2 well and it can cost alot more than you've paid to mod the car for those who don't understand its not about bangin beats its about sound quality its like watching normal tv compared to full HD mark gave me a demo of his BMW for the first time this week and I was bowled over again you can actually feel the music on your skin its addictive

Edited by dubsy

Looking nice STU!!!!

Shame about loosing the shelf but it still will be good, lucky with me using a 8" upfront it doesnt need the extra room from removing the lower shelf.

Looking like I might be entering your catogory in EMMA at T19, thinking the bitone needs to go in to work with the Beryillums and utopia bits.

Aiming to get 2nd place in all the Experiances cats HAHA

Keep up the good work.

Edited by REDLooP

Cheers for the kind words Carl! Am getting loop back tomorrow so very much looking forwards to hearing the difference!

When I had a good listening session in marks bmw I was blown away at the sound quality- unbelievable! The vocals sound like they are there in front of your face- very sharp and accurate!

Will put up some build pics of the new sub 'box'. Good luck on the weekend! Stu;-)

Right.. Here's a brief overview of the new sealed 'box' that has been put upfront in the dash!

b751b3fb.jpg

Seems a shame to cut into my lovely dash but needs must!

dadbd497.jpg

Showing a little deadening in places

eee2eef3.jpg

a003dca9.jpg

Foil to build box into

c384da91.jpg

f101a0d8.jpg

MDF framework

cf49a61a.jpg

Covered in cloth for fibreglass

3f985a4f.jpg

Build up of fibreglass

Very labour intensive as you can see! Will show finished article when all finishing done.

Looking nice STU!!!!

Shame about loosing the shelf but it still will be good, lucky with me using a 8" upfront it doesnt need the extra room from removing the lower shelf.

Looking like I might be entering your catogory in EMMA at T19, thinking the bitone needs to go in to work with the Beryillums and utopia bits.

Aiming to get 2nd place in all the Experiances cats HAHA

Keep up the good work.

Cheers Nick! Yes this new direction of the build takes a look at function over form. Been concerned on the overall look BUT it was built primarily as a sound off car so it naturally had to go this way I feel! I will hear it tomorrow and hopefully it will be worth it!!

Will welcome you to experienced unlimited @ T19- I think there will be a lot in that category, so if I place in top 3 il be happy!

Good luck with your build too!

Stu;-)

awesome! :D

Cheers Kez! :-)

I will put the rest of the build pics up tomorrow as all the finishing is done and its up and rockin'!!

Sounds wickidly good! The bass is now ' fuller' , richer and more detailed and really compliments the rest of the setup! I'm now going to enjoy going through all my cd's and finding choons which make the system sing!

**** thats alot of filler, dont fancy sanding that **** back lol

The whole process was very labour intensive- James worked very hard to get this right!

I'm very happy with the end result - a 10 inch subwoofer upfront which has really improved the sound further!

81c38079.jpg

With any customisation its knowing whats best for the overall build. The sub box is not ideal in terms of aesthetic balance but as the car was built primarily for sound quality competition -needs must!

Really happy with sound improvement!! :-)

This is an amazing install, hats off to you for having the guts to do this! And the guy doing the installation has some serious skills!

One thing that is annoying me a little though!!

7e2007e4.jpg

In this picture, why is one of the TT vents facing with the vents upwards, and the other sideways? LOL!! Sorry to be picky, but that would just plain annoy me!

Wow!! James has done an amazing job there Stu. Great work! Alex

Cheers Alex! Very pleased with the end result! You'll have to let us know what shows your doing so I can give you that demo!

Stu;-)

This is an amazing install, hats off to you for having the guts to do this! And the guy doing the installation has some serious skills!

One thing that is annoying me a little though!!

7e2007e4.jpg

In this picture, why is one of the TT vents facing with the vents upwards, and the other sideways? LOL!! Sorry to be picky, but that would just plain annoy me!

That's a fair shout that- the crazy thing is I didn't notice! Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees! It will be changed! :-)

Awesome car. Loved having a sneak peek at Plymfest B)

Cheers! Was good meeting you and your mates! Well done on your award too! ;-)

Looked amazing today, ashame the band were playing right behind your car although I do love a bit of Tom Jones as I would have loved to hear it! :lol:

:)B)

Thanks for that and good to meet you! Yes shame about band that struck up right beside us with pa system- not ideal listening conditions! :lol:

:o Nooooo don't tell me you were at BVF?! I'm sure you went last year, and I missed seeing it then, and was all gutted back then. And gutted now. Boo :(

Argh I want to see your car in person so bad!

That's a shame verity! I will probably bring the lupo up again im sure! Stu:-)

I'm booking a listen at T19 Stu, It's a must :)

You'd be very welcome Nick- so glad you can make T19!

Will look forwards to catching up with you! Will look forwards to hearing yours too!

Stu;-)