Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Is the front grill gona be blank like 3L sorta style in cf?

Hi Jamie! You were up nice and early this a.m.!!

The new grille has been made using the 3L one as a template then James filled in the gaps in the difference in size between 3L and the GTI one. Then he made the template mould to accept the carbon fibre. I wanted to still use the chrome badge but I asked Luke (who done the paint) to add the custom red inside the badge. The style will be blank/smooth/flat just like the 3L.

Always a bit of a gamble as I had these ideas but you never really know how good it might really look until it's complete!

Edited by OnelifeLiveit!

This looks great!

So, have you bonded the TT panel over the standard GTI bumper and cut the holes in the GTI bumper to match the TT openings?

The rear TT panel is very close to the lines of the GTI bumper but not the same. It wouldn't mate directly on and had to be adapted to fit. I wanted some carbon fibre on the outside of the loop (to tie in on the inside) so a mould was made using the TT panel as a template. A hole was then cut in the rear bumper to match the new template taking away some of the TT fixings.

I can't take credit for this though as it was James (direct current) who has made this possible!

I had seen a picture of a black GTI in Germany with a black honeycombe rear panel but was never really sure if it was real or Photoshop! At least now it shows it is possible! (with a lot of work!)

I would have liked the exhaust tailpipes to sit a little more flush to the bumper but it still looks cool and obviously unique! Stu;-)

All being well I get the lupo back today! One really good bit of news is the missing wheel centre has finally been found (in a place I'd already looked :lol: )

Ive blocked out Friday afternoon so I can put the wheels back on and give the lupo and good valeting!

Roll on Ultimate Dubs! :D

All being well I get the lupo back today! One really good bit of news is the missing wheel centre has finally been found (in a place I'd already looked :lol: )

Ive blocked out Friday afternoon so I can put the wheels back on and give the lupo and good valeting!

Roll on Ultimate Dubs! :D

Great news!!

:shades:

Good Luck

Hi Jamie! You were up nice and early this a.m.!!

The new grille has been made using the 3L one as a template then James filled in the gaps in the difference in size between 3L and the GTI one. Then he made the template mould to accept the carbon fibre. I wanted to still use the chrome badge but I asked Luke (who done the paint) to add the custom red inside the badge. The style will be blank/smooth/flat just like the 3L.

Always a bit of a gamble as I had these ideas but you never really know how good it might really look until it's complete!

lol wasnt up early man i do th enight shift thats why 50% of my posts now are in the wee hours im curing my boredom haha

lol wasnt up early man i do th enight shift thats why 50% of my posts now are in the wee hours im curing my boredom haha

I did wonder!! Good way of curing boredom Jamie!

Just got my loop back- And rear looks awesome! :-) That's the good news! Bad is that even though a good mould was made for the front grille the carbon didn't turn out as expected so it's a standard grille until a new one done! :-(

6e4972b8.jpg

You can see the pitting and the grille was slightly warped too-

5b43ab4d.jpg

bad times with the grille.

focus on the good, looking forward to having a look at this tomorrow/sunday

Thanks Jowey! As you say- focus on the good!

I've spent all afternoon cleaning and polishing and the 003's are back on looking very nice indeed!!

Look forward to meeting you up there -safe travel up the m5! Stu;-)

Here's a pic @ Ultimate Dubs tonight still prepping - well my assistant is!!

671029d8.jpg

Really looking forward to tomorrows show- bring it on!!

Here's a pic @ Ultimate Dubs tonight still prepping - well my assistant is!!

Really looking forward to tomorrows show- bring it on!!

Assistant looks enthusiastic lol, however the work is exceptional! Wish i had time to get away from uni to go up.

Gotta admit, this car has possibly the best quality sound ive ever heard, Thanks for the time going through it with and giving me the demo. It truly is a work of art!

Nice to neet you this weekend stu.

John

looking great stu those wheels look a lot shinier than when i last seen them!

Assistant looks enthusiastic lol, however the work is exceptional! Wish i had time to get away from uni to go up.

I agree my assistant had had enough cleaning by the time I took the pic! Glad you like the work!

Gotta admit, this car has possibly the best quality sound ive ever heard, Thanks for the time going through it with and giving me the demo. It truly is a work of art!

Nice to neet you this weekend stu.

John

Thankyou John it was nice to meet you too! Thanks for compliments and im glad you enjoyed the demo! We will see what the system is thought of this weekend at the EMMA soundoffs in Milton Keynes! Stu;-)

looking great stu those wheels look a lot shinier than when i last seen them!

Cheers Carl- yes the wheels have had a lot of my limited spare time spent on them. Still not perfect but I apart from wet and dry I used 3 tubes of autosol, 1/2 can of aluminium cleaner and 5 toothbrushes!! I'm going to take them off way before salted roads next time!! How you doing with your project? Stu;-)

Stu, you left 2 of your mats behind, don't think you realised so I put them in my car for you!! :)

Thankyou very much Emma- I had taken out my everyday mats and put them under the car and forgotten them! Will contact you when I can pick up!

Stu, the car looked stunning at th weekend mate, that dash is a work of art! I'm holding you to that demo when i see you next :D

Alex

Cheers Alex- was going to say same about yours -was looking awesome! Will very gladly demo the soundsystem to you! Was nice to see you and meet your girlfriend! No doubt will catch up with you over the season! Stu;-)

IMG_2339.jpg

first time ive seen this car and was very impressed :)

Thanks for the pic and glad you liked! Havnt been able to do as many shows as I would have liked but will hopefully do a few more this year! Stu;-)