Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

I entered my first sound-off competition today with the lupo, in the first national round of the EMMA's (european mobile media assciation).

Managed a credible second in class in my section and would have won bar one fuse! :-( Got deducted points for not having a fuse at the alternator end of the install! Oh well, live and learn!

Really interesting listening to other systems and seeing the range of different cars - including a mini moke with a 1300 Kawasaki engine in it!! (13 sec 1/4 mile!!)

Stu;-)

well done stu 2nd place aint to be sniffed at a great start to the emma nationals, hopefully a first next time!

Congratulations! Shame about that fuse :(

Just realised you're from Somerset too! Where abouts are you?

Jake.

Hi Jake! Im just a little north from you - not far! You'll have to give us a shout if you want to convoy to a show! Stu;-)

well done stu 2nd place aint to be sniffed at a great start to the emma nationals, hopefully a first next time!

Cheers Carl- im definitely gunning for first next time. I know I can pick 15 points up straight away by getting a fuse up by the alternator and also by curing a turn on 'thump' through the sound processor. The other changes might mean a little visit up your way again so I will give you a shout when I know!! Stu;-)

Cheers Carl- im definitely gunning for first next time. I know I can pick 15 points up straight away by getting a fuse up by the alternator and also by curing a turn on 'thump' through the sound processor. The other changes might mean a little visit up your way again so I will give you a shout when I know!! Stu;-)

no probs stu it would be good to meet up again and listen to the progress that youve made

Hi Jake! Im just a little north from you - not far! You'll have to give us a shout if you want to convoy to a show! Stu;-)

Thank you Stu, i'll be sure to let you know! Hopefully this summer I will be going to a few shows as my exams will all be done :)

Jake.

Thank you Stu, i'll be sure to let you know! Hopefully this summer I will be going to a few shows as my exams will all be done :)

Jake.

Thank you... :wub:

Ive been dying to see this mod carried out on a Lupo for so long and it looks great, unfortunate about that fuse but theres always next time...

Thanks! Glad you like!

Re: fuse it will be all in hand for next round of the soundoffs ... and a few other adjustments to ensure overall points pick up. There are a lot of people entering my category so got to keep improving!

Holy frick. Looking better than could have imagined. Can't wait to see MOAR.

Cheers! Appreciate it! Next work will be focussed on scoring higher on soundoffs. I can't do next two rounds as i am away on holiday and then down at Plymouth Volksfest.

Next work will be changing the processor! It was suggested that the matching processor to the head unit would be more adjustable/tuneable so I set about trying to find one.

After a long search I found one last year on German eBay!

4ab76e59.jpg

This processor will be linked to all the speakers directly actively to hopefully score higher points by being even more detailed/accurate.

Whilst this is done we are designing a new back panel to mould around the distribution unit and new shaped processor. Watch this space!!

Cheers! Appreciate it! Next work will be focussed on scoring higher on soundoffs. I can't do next two rounds as i am away on holiday and then down at Plymouth Volksfest.

Next work will be changing the processor! It was suggested that the matching processor to the head unit would be more adjustable/tuneable so I set about trying to find one.

After a long search I found one last year on German eBay!

4ab76e59.jpg

This processor will be linked to all the speakers directly actively to hopefully score higher points by being even more detailed/accurate.

Whilst this is done we are designing a new back panel to mould around the distribution unit and new shaped processor. Watch this space!!

although the bit1 is a nice peace of kit as youve found stu its so difficult to set up and like you many others are selling up, the pioneer is tried and tested and so much easier to set up mr turner knows them like the back of his hand, youve done well to find one 2 years ago they were always coming up for sale over on talk audio but now it seem they are like hens teeth to find i was looking for a p90 combo before christmas with no luck

although the bit1 is a nice peace of kit as youve found stu its so difficult to set up and like you many others are selling up, the pioneer is tried and tested and so much easier to set up mr turner knows them like the back of his hand, youve done well to find one 2 years ago they were always coming up for sale over on talk audio but now it seem they are like hens teeth to find i was looking for a p90 combo before christmas with no luck

Yes Carl I think the matching p90 processor should bear a bit more fruit with the system. The bit1 has been good after the initial gremlins but as you say Mark knows these units like the back of his hand! II know what you mean with the search for this and the head unit- it took a long while to find one! I know some of the competitors have backup matching units too just in case one breaks!

Will look forward to catching up with you! Stu;-)

Saw this at EMMA-UK meet and its gorgeous :) Great work on the dash looks superb .

Thankyou v much! Glad you liked it! Did I chat to you and your mate? I know I spoke to someone that came up in a lupo? Stu;-)

• 5 weeks later...

Well it's been bloomin' ages since I updated my thread got some nice little updates now.

Will give the lupo a really good clean this week and put some pics up but here's the list of stuff done...

New improved front end (more carbon added)

More inside carbon

New centre dash customising

New sound processor with all speakers working active

New engraved and lit Perspex rear seat panel housing

Heres a little teaser...

e2915447.jpg

After my last soundoff competition i realised that the rear seat panel that housed the sound processor and distribution unit didn't look as good as it could.

James made up a totally new Perspex panel and had lights fitted for night. He made up two layers of Perspex to highlight a blue surround and then the logos in red.

So it went from this

0e633123.jpg

To this

1cb750a1.jpg

f4261e8a.jpg

16a439a8.jpg

It might look a bit 'bling' but a lot of the European soundoff competitors have these features to add instalation points!

great work as always Stu I was at marks Monday he said your coming back up for another visit while I was there he was tempting me with some odr mids he had he's now got me thinking about a few changes why is it whenever I speak to him I end up spending more money lol!