Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

something ive been thinking about for a while ive not seen it done before got 50% of the bits together ordered some more parts from vw today all will become clear

Sounds interesting Carl-.shall look forward to seeing it all! Stu;-)

Top news, see you there Stu :D .. If you fancy meeting me and Rob to convoy up just give me a text :)

Sounds good Emma but I do have to work Saturday until early afternoon. What time you planning on going up? Stu ;-)

Ahh ok, think we are leaving quite early!

That's a shame Emma- will see you both up there!

Had some pics sent over of the moulds for grille and rear diffuser panel today ... Soon to be carbon fibre in it's place. B)

50d45a7a.jpg

Deffo doing this mod to my 3D model :lol: Looks freaking cool.

When you do you'll have to show me! Heres a pic that gets close to how it will look! Will look loads better when completed!

57b766f1.jpg

When you do you'll have to show me! Heres a pic that gets close to how it will look! Will look loads better when completed!

57b766f1.jpg

:wub:

Looks like a mini MK4 R32 :shades:

:wub:

Looks like a mini MK4 R32 :shades:

Thanks Ryan! Pleased with how the rears shaping up!

I'm having a nightmare today though! Went to tyre place and owner would not allow tyre to be fitted. Both rears alloys have cracked which he says should be scrapped!!

F@CK!! I have found a place in Bristol who are going to check them and weld if possible! I bloody hope so cos thats a hell of a lot of money down the drain if not!!

Oh sh*t :blink:

I thought my wheels were back having stripped threads in the bolts holes. Hope you sort it Stu.

Thanks Alex- im praying it'll be alright. Carbon not finished yet either- stressing me out! :wacko: I'm sure it'll be alright on the night (says he trying to put a positive spin on things :lol: )

Hope all yours goes to plan Alex! B)

Well...thought id update my thread. Am taking over my alloys to the wheel refurbisher tomorrow praying he can fix the cracked alloys with a professional weld.

I have been cleaning and polishing the alloys today and also replaced some of the gold bolts where the plate had come off. (let's hope it was all worth it and I can actually put the wheels back on!)

Was due to get lupo back this weekend but it will now be later in the week. Carbon taking a big longer than thought, and the infamous wiring from actuators to steering wheel still proving to be a pain in the arse!!

Can't wait to get my lupo back and start getting it all clean and shiny! I bought a dual action polisher in preparation which will hopefully give a better finish than by hand.

I also bought some showplates which should arrive this week!

Nice one hope you get the wheels sorted. Where have you order your show plates from?

Dan

Hi Dan, thanks! Took wheels over to refurbisher and he CAN mend! ( Thank beeeeep!)

The thing that is totally doing my nut in at the moment is a mislayed centre and lattice ring- gone totally AWOL!

I've tried to get a replacement but it's 6 week backorder so I've got to turn the house upside down and find it! Aaargh!!

Hi Dan, thanks! Took wheels over to refurbisher and he CAN mend! ( Thank beeeeep!)

The thing that is totally doing my nut in at the moment is a mislayed centre and lattice ring- gone totally AWOL!

I've tried to get a replacement but it's 6 week backorder so I've got to turn the house upside down and find it! Aaargh!!

Thats good then glad you can get it sorted.

Sound like mine 1 problem after another!!

Sounds good Emma but I do have to work Saturday until early afternoon. What time you planning on going up? Stu ;-)

I've got work until 6pm Saturday fella then I'll be heading up the M5 From Taunton. If you want to convoy ?

Also big fan of the rear bumper yet more custom fab :wub:; very special.

One suggestion for you to consider.

Smooth the the pseudo join line of the rear bumper ?

would emphasise the centre section, but then of course you have the incongruity of the swage along the side leading to the front bumper.

IMG00910-20110307-2318.jpg

See you saturday :)

What time you getting their for?

Hi Adrian, I'm aiming to leave Bristol 1 latest and satnav said 2 hours! So all being well 3-330 ish!

Still having a bit of a mare- still can't find the missing centre! Ive looked high and low and still missing -its doing me in! I found a second hand complete centre that I think will do- the guy is expressing it as I said it's very urgent. I've ordered 4 new centre badges so they all match and a new hexagonal centre nut. If all goes well I just need to spray up and colourcode. I've ordered a rattle can of the custom paint which I will collect tomorrow aswell as the new tyre!

Fingers x'd it all works out! (please!)

i really really cant wait to see this at ultimate dubs! that exhaust is bad ass ;)

Cheers Rudaz! Glad you like! :D Really looking forward to the show too- was blown away by the level of cars last year!

I've got work until 6pm Saturday fella then I'll be heading up the M5 From Taunton. If you want to convoy ?

Also big fan of the rear bumper yet more custom fab :wub:; very special.

One suggestion for you to consider.

Smooth the the pseudo join line of the rear bumper ?

would emphasise the centre section, but then of course you have the incongruity of the swage along the side leading to the front bumper.

IMG00910-20110307-2318.jpg

Thanks for the offer Jowey- I love a good convoy but I will be leaving a little earlier so I can prep it all ready (if I can sort this bloody centre out!)

I agree on the lines I think over time there will be a little more smoothing. I have got more work planned for this so it will adapt! Glad you like the rear - hope you'll like the front with it's new grille too!