Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

They look lovely stu, nice one! Are you going to players again? We can convoy together if you are :)

Hi Emma! Thanks!

Just looked up Players date. The only way I can see that I can get away with it this year is if I take some of the kids! Got Trax this weekend, Vanfest the following,and then Players. Was great convoying with you guys last year and really enjoyed the show! Will let you know nearer the time I reckon! Keep me posted!

Stu;-)

Edited by OnelifeLiveit!

Looking nice stu! Look forward to seeing you at players ;)

Cheers Rich! Be good to catch up with you again! How's the Lupo situation now?!!

Wow, Rich told me about you having new wheels lol

They look very coool !! i like them more than the BBS lol

Look forward to seeing it

Ryan

Wow, Rich told me about you having new wheels lol

They look very coool !! i like them more than the BBS lol

Look forward to seeing it

Ryan

Thanks Ryan - much appreciated! Still waiting on spacers for rears but am very pleased on the overall look!

Ohhhh nice wheels!!! The gold bolts go well with the red :)

Cheers Tom! Yeh they look loads better with the colourcoded centres than the silver. Same with the bolts too - even though I asked for gold they came with Silver fitted and had to change them all!

Awesome wheels man!

Glad you like! I'm sure we will go to Plymouth volksfest again next year so you can take a closer inspection! :-)

Well.... I went to the EMMA national sound-off championships @ Trax at the weekend! Loved the show and despite the weather was busy!

I actually went up on the Saturday as they were doing the install and sound judging then which was excellent as it was very quiet the day before the show!

Arrived 7am on the Sunday as I was told the q's were horrendous! Got straight in and parked up on the EMMA area!

3b1f6f1c.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time polishing and prepping and put a layer of dodo juice supernatural on for good measure! Which with the rain beaded nicely!!

Since my last sound off I've had the amps upgraded, new head unit

328d96e2.jpg

And had it tuned within an inch of it's life!

I saw my sound scores, and the changes have brought about, I've gained another 20 Points from last time - so well worth the effort!

228 to 248! Result!

I am very pleased to say that this meant I won my category on the day which means I've been invited to take my Lupo to the European finals in Germany at the end of October, and amazingly be part of the British team going over!!!

Get in!!

Nice one! Well deserved!

I appreciate the work you have put into this, can only imagine what the sound quality is like.

I have no time for cack installs with a sub just rammed in the boot :lol:

Thanks for your comments. You would be very welcome to listen to the install at a show!

Welldone Stu that's great news!

Thanks Emma! Yes really looking forwards to the whole experience! I'm joining a few others from the south and we are using the eurotunnel then driving straight to Nuremburg. It's a 1500 mile round trip!

thats great news was wondering how you was doing when i was at edition good luck over in europe !!!!

matt

Thanks Matt! Was thinking how you guys were getting on at edition too. Got a few things to do to try and squeeze a few extra points before the end October. Going to try some less restrictive grilles and going to try and angle the dash mids a little bit more on axis. The other annoying thing is the passenger seat adjustment is broken so need to get that sorted! The judges sit in when looking at install and at the moment it's a little close to the dash.

Bring on the euros though - well up for it!!

Well done Stu it'll be a good roadtrip with the sq heavy hitters

Yes Carl, it'll be very interesting seeing the other cars! Il also be very interested to suss out the others in my category but will really enjoy seeing the top end installs and demo cars!

One of the guys at Trax showed me pics of a build that took 6 men working full time a year!!

• 3 months later...

Well.... It's been bloomin' ages since I posted on here! Apologies!

Since my last post I competed in the European Mobile Media Association finals in Nuremburg and there's been a few cosmetic changes!

What an experience! Highly recommended!

Took the channel tunnel over

caf6d007.jpg

b0f3cc8e.jpg

Highly recommended and so easy to use!

Overall took about 12 hours including stops from Somerset to Nuremburg.

Had the Friday to prep car ready for show and although for the sound off judging it doesn't have to be concours just looking presentable.

f75a1fba.jpg

0b5308d7.jpg

My Lupo went through one install judging where you do a presentation talking through the install and 5 sound judgings. Was really pleased to make the initial cut into the next round top 9 went through out of 21

8302f03b.jpg

At the final presentation it was done in reverse order and I did come 9th. Disapointed initially but on reflection seeing as these were best in Europe for my category it was good.

dc97ae6f.jpg

Had a good long hard think about future plans for my Lupo and decided to still persue the sound off competitions. It does seem a huge shame, but in order for me to score higher in soundoffs it means changing my dash again!

So my dash will be up for sale soon if anybody fancies a one off custom dash?

I will be on the EMMA stand @ UD 2012, with new install and dash, so it

will be great to catch up with Club Lupo friends! Stu;-)

WOW looks soooo nice Stoo

Well done mate

Look forward to seeing it and you at UD :thumbsup:

Keep up the ultra strong work

Ryan

Love the wheels Stu!

Sorry I didn't reply at Christmas - hope you and the family had a good time!

Can't wait to see the Lupo in person again!!

See you soon!

Em :)

Edited by Emz