Apple Geeks thread 2008...

AndyW

the PR from tomtom reads like it's using the IQ ROUTES technology from the higher-end tomtoms

where they phone home to update each other with traffic information

and get their traffic info from the live network

plus the cradle is mandatory - it contains a replacement (better) gps.

i get the feeling it's not going to be cheap

also needs the iphone announced today

Now I can use my phone to connect my iMac to the web, the time has come to find a touch screen Mac tablet and mount it in the dash... ;)

That would be lush. I was sat on the drive in my GTI the other night looking at a how-to on my MacBook Pro using the wireless. It was just cool having the mac in the car! The two favourite things I own I think!

I've been reading about the iphone 3GS since January and I want one so bad. The cost is stupid. 24 month contract is going to cost me £1015 (inc phone cost) but I still don't care. I want one that badly

+ £15 per month if you want tethering (which I would) - it's going to be a bolt on.

£15 aint too bad.

Better than those doggle things..

Can you get it over a month by month basis?

Would be cool for the show season..

My contract isn't up until January 10th for my current Iphone... do you think I can upgrade or do i need a new phone and number?

Mines up in Fabuary :(

How much do you spend each month mate?

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F...12e90b1d2de70ba

my bills are £35 a month.... I don't have the insurance as I get this free with my bank account. The only time my bill is more is if i am on holiday... but I only use it for calls with no data downloads..... TBH most of the time I only use half my allowance... At work a lot so just use the work phones :)

Has anyone got a mac mini?

Can you connect it straight to a tv?

I think most people are only using minis as pvrs these days - will you need an adapter cable, but budget £20 max for that.

Ironically, after 5 years of service - the last two running the tv in my living room, my g4 ibook croaked it last night. Just sits there with the cpu fan whining. Was locked up, now won't post, so the fan must have seized when recording overnight and the thing's toasted itself.

Even with that and an urgent need to watch the telly, I can't quite bring myself to buy a mini to replace it - they're just so overpriced for what they are. I think I'll have to rig an old XP box back up *spit*.

+ £15 per month if you want tethering (which I would) - it's going to be a bolt on.

You can tether the 3g one with an app, and it's free. I'm assuming you won't be able to do this on the 3gs then, if so; I'm getting the old one!!!