Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

yeah they did all come from the same place.

Newsouth performance in america, there called indigo gauges... imported by awesome gti for me.. Thanks goes to al ofcourse!

After i posted i did a search for newsouth and came up trumps, they're stuff looks good, not too dear either! I'm quite liking the idea of some gauges in the din slot, 2 or 3, who knows. Hehe. Good to know about the resister to lower the brightness. Hopefully you'll get to use the gauges in anger soon.

Cheers.

Hi Ben, think you should start up your own thread, would love to see more!

dont think people would want to see a ford on a DUB forum hehe! thanks though :D

dont think people would want to see a ford on a DUB forum hehe! thanks though :D

Alot of us on here are 'car enthusiasts' not just VW fans, I would also like to see your car!

So this evening the plan was to make a solid engine mount bush for the lower mount.

This is what it looked like.

P1030924.jpg

P1030926.jpg

Then add a bit of this

P1030923.jpg

Do this

P1030928.jpg

and it looks like this..... and is ridgid as ****!

P1030929.jpg

P1030933.jpg

Awesome, Poly engine mounts for less than £25 quid!

John

To be honest mike, if there are powerflex ones available then i woudl use them as there made for it. I purely made this one becasue there arent any available for that mount.

It took 3 attempts to get it right, kept on getting air bubbles trapped in it but eventually got a good one. If i was to make them again, id drill a hole in the plastic clamp peices and injection mould it under pressure. Im sure that would work first try.

I still have resin left if anyone wants to pay me to do them one? B)

Ive just fitted it and it is alot stiffer, and i think it will make a real difference. Hopefully by next weekend ill be able to feel the difference in the car!

John

I never knew he had them.

I have a good leather bloke whos going to re dye the places thats needed to make them look as good as they should. They were a steal so i had to buy them.

Nice addition.... now i really must focus on getting the engine fixed!

John

Talk to colin he'll tell you what's needed.

yup colin had these in his lupo before the Mk4 recaros. have these got side airbags? is so you will need to connect the seats to the original loop in the floor, im doing this with my recaros later in the week just need to cut the connector blocks and crimp on the lupo ones from the old seats.

The connectors look to be the same on the recaros as i have on the lupo loom.

Yes they have airbags and are heated ;)

John

haha lucky git mine arent heated anymore the missus is giving me grief cos they wont help her back pain during 'the seven day hell' lol

my airbag warning light is on at the moment so need to sort my connectors out tomorrow night.

Fitted today. Just need to order two plugs to wire in the airbags and finish off the power cables.

Took a little bit of playing about with to get to slide propperly, will have to resort to the grinder.

They look cool though. Im really happy with them.

P1030952.jpg

P1030955.jpg

Engine rebuild on thursday and friday, im at the F1 over the weekend so i guess it will be alive some time next week.

John