Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

OH my Lord!

Colin, watch out son!

This car is gonna turn some heads at Edition.

I'm glad my Lupo won't be ready in time, this may as well have a team carrying a spot light around following you around the show grounds!

How can there be this many cool Lupos around one car club?

Cheers bud,

But i think ive got a little bit more to go to compete with colin! Hes in a world of his own.

Ill see what i can come up with.....

John

S3 seat pffft, had them two years ago :lol: You will need to do better than that :P

Ah right supercharged you say, hmmmm :huh:

Looking good John, seat belt brackets give you any greif?

seat belt brackets give you any greif?

Yes! They were a right pain. I "adjusted" the whole bracket arrangement so that the seat would run on the track better. There pretty much perfect now, Just makes the back seats even less useful though!

Tbh, i have no money for wheels, so im stopping there. I like my hursts too much. Just need spacing on the backs and a refurb and ill be happy with them. I have to draw the line somewhere as the car has become a big dependant hole in my bank balance.

Gotta love it though! - Its what i go to work for!

John

I have to draw the line somewhere as the car has become a big dependant hole in my bank balance.

Gotta love it though! - Its what i go to work for!

John

I know exactly what you mean, but its like an addiction, I think I am done and I see something, get inspiration somewhere, then pow another dent in the bank account.

I need help:

"Hello my name is Colin and I'm a modaholic" :lol:

Edited by Bluloop

"Hi my name is John, i dont know when to stop spending money"

Had to order some new plugs for the airbags though, didnt want to cut the lupo loom up.

Spoke to the leather man at work, hes going to sort out the bits of leather that need attention on the drivers seat too for nothing, The bloke earns £3000 to clean and re-dye leather seats on out aircraft each visit, so doing my seat is a walk in the park!

Cant wait to turn get in it again now, next week should be fun.

John

thats coming together nicely. those seats should hold u in place as u torque steer across the carriageway..

She is alive once again. - No pics of the build as i forgot and was too busy!

The last two days have been mega hard graft. Took the engine to the workshop and worked out that at BDC the new oil jets would touch the piston, then half way up the stroke would touch the rod... somehting i must have overlooked the rods when i had them designed.

Anyway so armed with some pipe, a welder and a drill, i made my own oil jets. Much shorter, aim towards the centre of the piston a bit more, and clear both the rod and piston.

New rings were put in with the introduciton af a total seal 3 piece oil ring. The block was ball honed and then quick seat graphite powder was added to the bores. The pisstons were assembled with a bit of wd40 then dryed off and put in to the bore dry, appart from the quickseat powder.

Engine put back in today, and she was started up just over an hour ago, After having to resort to the mini coil pack again, For some reason the emerald does not like the brand new vw coil pack, as soon as i plug the mini one in, it works. Which is really strange.

Much to my pleasure, i now have a smoke free engine! there is alot of oil in the exhaust that needs to be burnt off from the 75 miles of oil burning driving, so it smokes a little when the cat gets hot. nothing to worry about, as ive regularly been checking the plugs and pistons to make sure i have carbon build up, which i do, Which is a good thing! The engine sounds like a bag of nails though when cold, Forged internals take time to warm up and expand. And new tappets need to seat too. All together im happy.

SO.... Silverstone this weekend so the car wont be finished this weekend. Next week i have to move the throttle body to before the charger and remove the dump valve in some effort to make the power delivery smoother and reduce a bit of noise, because it really is loud! and give it a bit more mapping time. Im hoping to have it drivable for GTi international next weekend. But definatly for GTi summer fest at pod.

P1030961.jpg

P1030957.jpg

P1030960.jpg

P1030958.jpg

Plenty of pictures and Videos to follow!

John

I hate the idea of the dry build pistons...... Dry film lubricant or not, very American!

Good job though, how many hours have you put in over the last few days??

About 16-18 hours over the last two days, started off as a block at about 9 yesterday morning. And was in the car and running by about 3-4 this afternoon.

I thought it was very strange to do it dry too, but it seems to have worked. So far!

Plenty of mapping to be done now.

John

I thought it was very strange to do it dry too, but it seems to have worked. So far!

Yer... quite common... In the States!

Question!!.. What did you glue the de-comp plate to the block with?

Yer... quite common... In the States!

Question!!.. What did you glue the de-comp plate to the block with?

High pressure, high remperature sealant called curil-t was supplied with the plate by farriday engineering.

will you be showing it at inters john?

Whens that??

Ill pop up a video tomorrow, mabe one of me driving it too if your lucky.

John

High pressure, high remperature sealant called curil-t was supplied with the plate by farriday engineering.

Whens that??

Ill pop up a video tomorrow, mabe one of me driving it too if your lucky.

John

by inters i mean gti international this weekend

No as i dont think ill have an MOT by then.

Its got more mapping booked in for next monday. Keeps hunting when warm at idle, which isnt that bad, but still i need it perfect.

Took it out tonight, not running boost for the first 50 miles but its still cool a **** to drive!

John

How much was it?

Jabba Sport sell these, but I have a sheet of stainless I was given to make the air box back plate.

Thing is it is 3x2 so there's way too much not to give it a go!

The Jabba one uses a K&N filter.

If there's not much saving I'll not bother.. there's a used one in mint condition for £135...

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x207/sh...am/DSC_0319.jpg

18 Miles to the gallon...... Oh dear.... and that was only gentile driving!

Running rather rich me thinks, But still running fine.

Back for more mapping on monday/tuesday. Should have done enough miles to get an idea of the power expectations.

Needs a clean tomorrow then more pics!

John

I have seen it! I have seen it moving! the charger screams, the exhaust burbles and its amazing! and I'm so pleased for John that it passed it's MOT!