Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Umm i might be going to volksdevil in carnforth on the 31st may, so thats probably the closest im going to get to you sir before edition ofcourse.

John

ill be at this with durhamdubs hope to see the car there john

Haha, i would like to go out in it too!!

No ill be putting that sidelight in, after ive finished modifying it to fit.

John

what you doing to the light? i'd quite like to take my nearside one out but it would make the car illegal then.

Umm i might be going to volksdevil in carnforth on the 31st may, so thats probably the closest im going to get to you sir before edition ofcourse.

John

See you there dawg. Hopefully.

The car is finally ready for the final logistical nightmare.

Hope my plan all goes well, estimated it so that it is ready for taxing, Moting and insuring for about 5-6th may.

Im so excited, these are going to be the longest days of my life!

Small update, sorry no pictures, i forgot my camera:

Car is well underway now, just finishing manufacturing the intake for the charger which has been rather taxing but weve made something good at the end of it. Modified pulley with a guide has been put on too. Ecu is in and the cars running, Just waiting for a new wideband and controller now.

And theres a few other things underway too...... all will be revieled soon! ;)

Still hoping for the end of next week,

John

Power...... well im not sure, i keep getting people saying its good for the 250bhp mark. But we will see. Ill be very happy with over 230 though. And the first bits of tuning done on it yesterday turned out very well.

The car will be finished today. But the bodywork wont be untill tues/weds next week.

Since its been away its had:

Custom Cable throttle fit with idle control valve solenoid.

Custom made charger intake pipework

Emerald K3 ECU

OEM ECU Completly Removed

Going to see it again today, so ill take the camera and get a few snaps of it.

John

Tomorrow looks like the day finally!

Im slowly building up an update, with pics.... But im waiting for the car to be back in one peice and clean again before i post it up. A lot of things have been going on in the last few weeks. Hopefully they have all payed off!

Im more than excited to finally see all my hard work come together.

John

just be careful you dont bin it on the first corner should be quite a handfull the torque steer will be interesting :)

Mabe i was a bit premature.

Crank sensor packed in today, so its on hold untill we can get one!

Ill pop some pics up tomorrow of it anyway, at the moment im a little depressed!

John

Well today was eventful. Got her running again then for the coil pack to give up, then the plugs fouled up. But after all of that and now running a set of plugs and a coil pack from a mini.... She is alive again.

Been on the rollers again today for a bit more tuning, She will be ready monday (fingers crossed noting else brakes!) heres a sneak peak of my messy engine bay atm:

09052009038.jpg

Next week consists of -

changing coil pack, changing plugs, tidying the bay, polishing the intake, fitting the boot and wiring, doing an oil change, going to no rice, taking a trip to the bodyshop for the new stuff to be polished, and somehow doing 800 miles!

And she sounds truly amaising.............. :D

John

John I'm heading southwards next month, I get the chance up take a look.

ATM your is the most hand built tuned GTI in the UK that I know of.

Can't wait to see it (and film it? LOL) at Santa Pod racing Pete.

Nearly there dude!

I'm very impressed.

Andi your welcome mate, any time. Drop me a PM when your about, i need to come and see pete anyway.

Lets just hope it finds the power im looking for, weve had a few unstable runs so far.... the figures make me smile!

John

I dream most weeks about this point in my own mission.

I'm not an enginner, although the reason I am travelling south is an intensive training course at our own depot.

It's gonna be invaluble for work, but I'll feel better about putting mine back together Avon over the summer.

When's the ECT?