Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Expecting any gains from doubling the fuel pressure and advancing the ignition? Are you going to map it soley for 98ron?

Yeah expecting gains from it, mainly in pick up and throttle response as with a higher fuel pressure and a shorter injection pluse you can be more accurate with the fueling and therefore pinpoint combustion.

Its mapped running on v power, so thats what it will use.

Yeah expecting gains from it, mainly in pick up and throttle response as with a higher fuel pressure and a shorter injection pluse you can be more accurate with the fueling and therefore pinpoint combustion.

Its mapped running on v power, so thats what it will use.

Do you still have a knock sensor??

I do but its not plugged in atm.

Dont know if the emerald has the capability for a knock sensor, ive never looked at the settings.

Would be handy to get it right, or it might take a while to get it right.

John

I do but its not plugged in atm.

Dont know if the emerald has the capability for a knock sensor, ive never looked at the settings.

John

Thats what I was meaning.

Who's doing the mapping?

Myself and a friend of mine, hes teaching me to do it so i can maintain it over time.

We still have the vvt to add, and ill look in to the knock sensor, although you can set up other sensors to detect the other signs of pinking, which could do the same job.

John

Colin you need to do something special with your engine next year.

I would, but mechanically I dont have the know how :(

Love it John, I'm proud to know you.

Very cool car.

I'd even go as far to say it's one of the best conversions full stop, not to mention is hand built.

I could count the tuning companys I would trust to my car hand on my thumbs.

I think this is as good as the best I have seen up until now which was Darrens ITB conversion.

Thanks for sharing your progress :)

I would echo Andi's statement, John you have done a fantastic job, I take my hat off to you, and despite your setbacks you have persisted, very well done B)

Look forward to catching up with you both at edition :)

I would, but mechanically I dont have the know how :(

I would echo Andi's statement, John you have done a fantastic job, I take my hat off to you, and despite your setbacks you have persisted, very well done B)

Look forward to catching up with you both at edition :)

Catching up? You sure? ;)

Yeah i am, but only on the rears.

Me and jimbob had a bit of fun on the way home tonignt. Lots of wheelspin and not alot of traction!

I really need to get my mapping sorted now, its was horrendous chasing jimbob. But fun alltogether!

Shame about the weather today, that was a let down.

John

Ok so project cool has begun... pics to follow tomorrow as ive left my camera at the unit.

Charger taken off, and a water jacket made to fit two places on the charger to draw loads of heat away from is so we can advance the timing more without it pinking.

Running a 115mm 19 row oil cooler as the radiator with a built in fan, with a faset pump. Driven from the ignition, constantly running to drop the charger temperatures and the charge temperatures.

Stainless steel pipes ready to go, should start to take shape tomorrow.

Then towards the end of the week, wire in the fan to the emerald and wire in the vvt to see what gains we can see from using it.

All together an exciting week, plenty to be getting on with. Glad its going to be finally finished!

Will get vids of it alive and driving this time too!

John

Charger taken off, and a water jacket made to fit two places on the charger to draw loads of heat away from is so we can advance the timing more without it pinking.

Running a 115mm 19 row oil cooler as the radiator with a built in fan, with a faset pump. Driven from the ignition, constantly running to drop the charger temperatures and the charge temperatures.

Will get vids of it alive and driving this time too!

Now thats a cleaver idea! Oil cooler, Facet pump.... Simple!

Yep.. We are waiting for these vid's.

Excuse the crap phone pics. But I think you can get the jist of the charger cooler tanking place from them.

Basically they are 2 cut box sections which are then bonded to the charger, Not really pretty, but there there to serve a purpose. one on the back of the charger close to the manifold to remove the heat soak from the source. And one to cool the top of the charger when under load, I shouldnt see the charger getting over 40 degrees C, meaning i should have no problem cooling the air back to ambient once through the intercooler.

04082009049.jpg

04082009050.jpg

04082009051.jpg

115mm 16 row cooler with a 12v draw through fan on the back, Slots will be cut in the wheel arch to remove the hot air from the cooler.

04082009052.jpg

04082009054.jpg

Small header tank, with a bit of advertising and carbon fibre.

04082009055.jpg

Im mid way through fitting it back in at the moment. Im hoping the silicone hose thats close to the manifold wont melt, ive covered it in a heat proof sleve too, it shouldnt melt, as the water should (i hope) keep it cool.

04082009053.jpg

04082009057-1.jpg

Tomorrow, ill do the stainless steel boost pipes and finish off the charger cooling.

John

New pictures from todays progress... Its slow, but everyting is coming together slowly. The welded pipes have been a right ain to get right. angles need to e near enough 100% correct.

Should do a bit more on it over the weekend.

05082009059.jpg

05082009062.jpg

05082009060.jpg

05082009063.jpg

05082009061.jpg

05082009058.jpg

John