Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

but what about the hot air though???

Have you ever put your hand on your charger after youve just stopped driving it?? It will be about 90 degrees! No matter how much heat protection you put in there.

If you have a very effective intercooler, like i do it dont really matter what temperature the air comes in at (i mean where mine comes from, is hardly hot when driving) if your intercooler is efficient, then you can get the charge temperature back to ambient anyway.

Does the charger have ports for water cooling??

How did you find a belt for the charger??(No I'm not reading the whole topic again!)

Is that the ECU floating on top of the engine.... What does it think of the heat??

No, we are making a water jacket for it and then bonding it to the charger, my friends company (Vmax scart) makes the kits for his mini charging kits. YOu can see it on the top of the charger on this picture:

MPI150Latest.jpg

It cools the charger down by 50c with its own water pump, radiator and coolant. Really clever idea that he though of last year.

I measured up the belt routing with a bit of sting at the smallest way i coudl make it, then went to gsf and asked for a belt close to this size... luckily they have them. I use a 6PK1840 belt.

Yes the ecu is on the top, its fine with the heat as its fully insulated, TBH i dont really like where it is, mabe in a while ill end up moving it but not now as i have no space.

Excellent work, one of my favorite lupo's on here.

I want dibs if you ever sell it :P

Got £12k and its yours!

Not at the moment, we dont know what it will actually do.

We havent put it in to the map, because it really is used over 5500rpm, which i havent fully mapped yet.

Will find out at end of the month what it will end up running.

John

Ive spent a good £6.5k now on it :wacko:

The full charger cooler kit is like £300 fitted i think from him, I dont know what im paying as its a one off, but if your interested andy i can let him know that he might have to make another?

John

Edited by CasperGTI

I haven't checked this thread out for a few months but your car is fantastic! It not only looks amazing, but the engineering that has gone into it is nothing short of epic. I wish i had 1/10th of your knowledge when it comes to engines! Keep up the good work.

I haven't checked this thread out for a few months but your car is fantastic! It not only looks amazing, but the engineering that has gone into it is nothing short of epic. I wish i had 1/10th of your knowledge when it comes to engines! Keep up the good work.

This thread today got my arse in gear.

Colin you need to do something special with your engine next year.

Love it John, I'm proud to know you.

Very cool car.

I'd even go as far to say it's one of the best conversions full stop, not to mention is hand built.

I could count the tuning companys I would trust to my car hand on my thumbs.

I think this is as good as the best I have seen up until now which was Darrens ITB conversion.

Thanks for sharing your progress :)

It means alot to me to hear that people have followed this from the start. And like it!

Just wait until I've finished off the last few final touches. Lets just say it's going to get a bit more shiney in there!

Should be all done in august.

John

This thread today got my arse in gear.

Colin you need to do something special with your engine next year.

Love it John, I'm proud to know you.

Very cool car.

I'd even go as far to say it's one of the best conversions full stop, not to mention is hand built.

I could count the tuning companys I would trust to my car hand on my thumbs.

I think this is as good as the best I have seen up until now which was Darrens ITB conversion.

Thanks for sharing your progress :)

Well said, that man.

Pretty much 100% gain.. Shows the potental of the enginge!

Yeah some may say any engine has potential with the right amount of money spent on it...

But i am thoroughly impressed with John's progress on his car. I can see mine getting a rebuild before being in the position of installing my charger!

Ok well not much going on really at the moment. Plenty of bits to do, List includes:

- A little bit on the boot has sunk, so its getting re-done in a few weeks.

- Car is now run in, needs flush, filter and race oil putting in

- Stainless steel pipes all ordered up, will be done in first week of august

- Final map needed, VVT to be added in, igntion to be advanced.

- Fuel pressure to be increased from 2.2bar to 4-4.5bar, injector pulses adjusted to suit

- All bits for the water cooling project have been aquired, to be done in first week in august

- Wheels to be refurbed too

Next week - 3 shows, then off the road for the final bits to be done, cant wait to see the difference it makes.

Busy time ahead. But im enjoying driving it too much at the moment. Shame the weather dosent seem to agree...

John