Fatttty's Mellow Yellow Lupo 1.4E daily :)

fatttty

Hi all, so I'm back in a Lupo as my daily. My Smart Car that I use for work (work owned) is being sold in the next few weeks so I was after a nice cheap daily run around while my FRP is kept for sunnier days.

I stumbled upon this on eBay and took a punt, this is actually the second Lupo I have purchased on eBay without even viewing (the first being my mrs' red 1.0E) for the money it was steal and to be honest I was expecting a right nail.

But upon collection I was very suprised, the body and panels are all straight and remarkably clean, the front bumper and indicator panel are some of the best I have seen for fitment. Paint is all clean and unfaded all one shade all over. The car does have a few bad points, the rear bumper has flakey paint, there is small spot of rust on the roof gutter and a little dink in the drivers door.

All in all a lovely little Lupo, its the 1.4E 75bhp, boggo standard, V plate so the early type with the white dials and solid head rests.

Plans are-

Give it a reall good clean,

Slam on some cheapo coilovers

G60's with trims

Cambridge lights

I've not photographed the actual outside of the car yet as its been raining quite bad and never seemed to be a good time. But I started on the clean up this weekend with the help of 12yan, first things first the interior, it was looking tired and grubby being grey and yellow so we cracked the vet vac out :D

Passenger seat before-

IMG_1705.jpg

Drivers seat before-

IMG_1707.jpg

After-

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

Cleaned most of the interior plastics with APC before-

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

After a good clean-

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

Rear seats out, was a bit grubby underneith :S

IMG_1714.jpg

Cleaned :)

IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

Floor mats got the 12yan treatment... mmmmm stripes-

IMG_1721.jpg

And interior back in-

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

The seats will be taken back out so I can wet vac the carpets properly but ran out of time. The internal paintwork needs a good clean as well as the roof lining. Then its on to the outside :)

More updates to comes :)

Alex

Edited by fatttty

sounds like a good starting block Alex :)

Good work on the cleaning. Look forward to seeing more!

Thanks Piers, yeah its suprisingly clean mate I was really shocked. I'm going to keep it nice and clean and to a small budget as most of my free money is going on the Puma :)

nice to see you having a lupo again. looks real tidy with the cleaning you've doene

Cheers, the interior came up real well. Drop me a PM if you ever want rid of your G60's :yes:

great work mate, that cleaning spree must have took a while! feels great after though :thumbsup:

IMG_1710.jpg

Is this 12's arse / legs?

and looking good

Get a room.

Great to see another Lupo getting some fatttty lovin' Alex :thumbup:

and looking good

lol yes mate, the one and only :)

Yellow friend!!

FRIENNNNNNNNNNNNDD! :thumbup:

Get a room.

Great to see another Lupo getting some fatttty lovin' Alex :thumbup:

LOL! Cheers Koop!

Looking good, nice and clean now.

My Arosa has a cousin :P

A brother from a german mother :thumbsup:

• Like 1

if you're looking for G60's, my mate got some on his new lupo that he wants rid, good condition, both types of centre caps, and 195/45/15 toyo proxys all with a good 6-7mm, the tyres were almost brand new when he got it, and he took them off the same day. not been used since. in the leicestershire area :) pm me if your interested!

IMG_1710.jpg

and looking good

:lol:

Yep thats me !!

I think you got a super Lupo there Alex, we didnt know what to expect but i think we were both shocked when we saw it for the first time B)

Great little daily and a Lupo :P

Your plans for this will be great B)

Ryan

:lol:

Yep thats me !!

I think you got a super Lupo there Alex, we didnt know what to expect but i think we were both shocked when we saw it for the first time B)

Great little daily and a Lupo :P

Your plans for this will be great B)

Ryan

Cheers Ry, thanks for taking me to pick it up too :D

I like it :)

Thanks Emz!

Awesome cleaning-ness! :o

Those seats look a million times better!

Yeah they are soooo much better, still got the carpets to do and a few other bits on the interior

Id love a Yellow Lupo with the Light interior.

Must have been so Rewarding to Clean that out inside!

I love to clean :D

• 2 months later...

Looking forward to see what you do on the outside now Alex.......... :thumbsup:

Haha me too Joti, all my 'car funds' are spent on the FRP at the moment. Its a money pit lol! Hoping to get the Lupo on some budget coils and interesting wheels in the new year though. For the moment hes just being driven, need to treat him to a quick service too soon.

Alex

Mannnn I wish my interior was this clean! Ryan we need to speak!! Looking good dude good to see you back in the game and with a yellow 1.4e ;-) looking forward to seeing the exterior!

Tom