Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Few photos from the weekend..

As people now know, yes the bathursts have been polished, first set in the UK im told... Now looking to source some custom made caps, which can be polished too.

Car had an un interesting journey up to edition, made it there and back without any problems.

260 miles...... 1 and 1/2 tanks of fuel!

Rolling shots will be added when i get them off robgti

Next mods.... camber, spacers.... interior stuff.

IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

Edited by CasperGTI

No audio for me, thats extra weight i dont need! Plus you cant hear it anyway when your driving!

Next plan - Custom fabricate double ply aluminium manifold heat shield and ceramic paint the bottom side of the charger.

Getting to the stage where degrees c = BHP

John

If you have to ask, you're not special enough :)

Either that, or you have a reliable car.. not one put together with hands covered in oil :lol:

My MG has a Bag of tools in the boot, Snap-on, full of tall the bodges you might need.... 2 part epoxy, duck tape, lockwire, cable ties etc B) . Next to the 5L can of fuel(the tank is only 22L or so) and the battery booster pack. The joys of a project car :(

John, can you get your hands on some of that NASA aproved aluminium sheet?? It's very good, but around £300 a sheet... My free stock has all dried up :(

R.I.P charger, had a rattle so investigated it, quite happy i did now.

Needle bearing has died, just trying to source one from the usa to fix it. Bit of a pain, but still ive now stripped down an eaton charger... another thing to add to the CV.

Charger cooler MKII is now in designing too. Looking to do a low temp tig weld to hold on two water cooling boxes, luckily ive got hold of a knackered charger for us to practice on.

Balls

16092009082.jpg

This is how the bearing should look

16092009085.jpg

And this is how it looks

16092009078.jpg

16092009087.jpg

16092009080.jpg

Needle bearings are a pain in the ass, I spent hours fiddling with them when I rebuilt our fiesta's CV.

Suppose eventually everything that can go wrong, will have gone wrong, and been fixed to perform better than before. :lol: