Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

That was a push to get there last night, its no way near finished but i wanted to show it anyway so bodged a coil pack on to it and came down for it.

Chatted to quite a few people last night, Dont know if one of them was you?

John

That was a push to get there last night, its no way near finished but i wanted to show it anyway so bodged a coil pack on to it and came down for it.

Chatted to quite a few people last night, Dont know if one of them was you?

John

Nah I didn't talk to you. Spent ages looking at the bay though!

All in good time my friends all in good time.

Its back on the rollers mon/tues/weds to give it a bit more and move the TB to pre-charger. Hopefully i can sort out a few bits and bobs on it inc getting the crappy VW coil pack to work.

Ill put a vid up when i get back from tuning, believe me.... it will be worth the wait!

John

Wow,

Im new to this site, and new to VAG all together, and i must say you should be proud of what you have achieved. I know everyone says it, but to have done it, stuck in there and made a lot of custom parts yourself says a lot.

Awesome, im sure you inspire a lot of fellow owners.

James

Some first figures from mapping yesterday.

@4000rpm is has 210ftlb torque and 185 bhp.

@6500rpm its expected to have between 215 and 235bhp

Pulley ratio seems to be a bit out atm, only managing 11psi of boost.

But it goes like a train....

John

No, i havent done enough miles, so im not running it at pod. But i will be there.

Ive got a few issues atm.

1 - Charger pulley is to small and is peaking to early, hence why only seing 11psi @ 4K

2 - Throttle Body pre charger has caused all my silicome hoses to colapse at idle. So need to do them all again in stainless steel... bugger!

3 - Mega over fueling, cant work out why.... Needs to go back again on the rollers.

With those problems sorted out, i should see a bit more power.

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Over 200bhp from a 1.6 engine.........................fantastic, purely fantastic and by the sounds of it few compromises in the way of drivabilty

I'm putting you forward for Sparky of the year! i really want to see this car driven in anger!!

Ok so today i took it upon myself to remove as juch heat is a can from the charger as this seems to be a problem with my lack of boost once the charger gets really hot.

It was getting the casing of the charger to 180c which is mega hot, and puts the charger in to unefficient levels. So i raised up the charger and made a heat mat out of welders mat and some graphite matting i had, chnaged my belt, changed the oil and then fired it up.

100c, now were getting somewhere, just going to water cool it now and i should see operating temeperatures in the region of 50c-70c depending on ambient temperature.

So then put it on the rollers again, did a bit of tweaking and got better results.

237bhp at 6000 with 222ftlb at 4200. But the map is quite lumpy in a few places so i may need to tame it down a bit.

Only 400 miles to go untill its fully run in now. Then we can tune it a bit more, mabe see a bit more, but tbh im pretty stoaked with it now. If i could see 245 then id be mega happy.

Took some photos for the hell of it too, seing as i coudlnt make pod.

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

John

It dosent matter really tbh. The intercooler is so efficient its not going to matter too much on where the air comes from.

Mabe if its sat still for a good hour, then you may notice a bit of a temperature increase for a little bit untill the cooler makes good of it.

To be honest, im really running out of room for anything now. Having to do alot of prep for the radiator and waterpump for the charger cooler as it is.

the best lupo gti (ever) this is 1 hell of a project and you kept with it even thro all the problems good play to you lad, can't wait see it and see it running on the strip. take me hat of to you for the effort you have put in, not long now, and see peoples faces when you just pull away from them :lol::D:P

Ry

Does the charger have ports for water cooling??

How did you find a belt for the charger??(No I'm not reading the whole topic again!)

Is that the ECU floating on top of the engine.... What does it think of the heat??