RAIN AND WIND

willcrook

ive gotta go work now sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> and walk from the car park indoors. The garden chairs have ended up at the top of the yard. Balls to movin um, ive already done it 5 times today.

Our new Scania is on it's side on the M62, driver OK. He's one of four gone over in the Leeds area. Cladding is coming off the warehouse.

I daren't go home, we're on a hill overlooking the vista that is Manchester/Bury/Bolton and get it full in the face.

My cars safe in my garage and I'm staying firmly indoors.

MD of Birmingham Airport was killed just outside Astley Abbots (just outside of Bridgnorth) by a falling tree.

NO WAY?!

Birmingham has an airport?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

the best part is , scotland has suffered from all the wind and rain last week laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> so at the mo we have blue skys and some snow on the ground

Just got back from flying/walking the dog, just missed being speared by a very old, corroded, tv aerial, I'd bent down to pick up my keys, when crash just behind me this aerial appears.. looked around and saw where it sheared off, approx 100 feet or so away.... blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> That was tooo close....

Practically every motorway I could possibly use to get home has been shut in various places meaning Ive gotta stay in the office until the traffic dies down and things get better dry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> wouldnt have minded but ive been here since 7:30 am

Bloody weather...........a bit of a strong wind and the whole country grinds to a halt!

I've ventured out twice today - once to get into uni, on my bike blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> which was not fun, muchos swerving and cycling at this angle: -\-

Then out again to save the car from a runaway wheelie bin. I can see another two down the road, and I think some of our rubbish we just put out is now 3 miles away..... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by lunalupi

the best part is , scotland has suffered from all the wind and rain last week laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> so at the mo we have blue skys and some snow on the ground

also notice how scotland didnt complain/stay indoors all week because of it.

any change in climate and England seems to come to a halt.

at work whenever somebody opens a door to get a car in/out paperwork flies everywhere, buckets get blown about, internal doors swing open blowing more paperwork, and any draining oil ends up on the wall, floor and apprentices laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Tree fell outside a work and crushed one car, later on someone hit the fallen tree/car combo due to the wind steering their car for them.

The worst traffic ever to hit the uk throughout warrington (being the town linking the m60, m61, m62, m56, and m6 and sections of each one of the motorways being closed nearby) I set off home from work at 4.00pm and by 6.20pm i had traveled precisely one mile!!!

woman killed in manchester by a glass wall that fell off a building, bloke killed at strangeways prison by winds blowing him into a shutter door, causing the shutter door to fall, someone at work mentioned that 127 trees in warrington had fallen, over 27 wagons had rolled over to play dead, injuring 38 people and killing a further 9 people!

It comes to something when the weather gets bad enough to kill multiples of people...