CLAYTONJONES

Clayton's Tornado Red GTI..

Welcome to the newest mod, this is something that has been in the pipeline for a really long time. A coolerworx short shifter! They would only make two as it wasn’t worth their time to do just one so I had to find someone else who wanted one which I did luckily!
It has really transformed the driving experience, bringing the shifter closer to the steering wheel is something the car has needed since fitting the Pole Positions. It feels incredible too, shifts are so short and crisp now. Let me know what you think, i’ve still got a bit of tidying up to do around the shifter but i’m happy with it.

39TUOk1.jpg
Mo3dpiM.jpg
0EDnAa1.jpg
aZn6a74.jpg
https://youtu.be/5uPd_8_dYcw
https://youtu.be/f-YFgsCtXIg

• Like 1

Looks amazing, i was straight on to messaging them after you told me about it. Fingers crossed they are open to making more... 

10 hours ago, LR5V said:

Whoa - that's a nice piece of kit - not heard of them, only CAE

CAE is the more popular choice but after feeling both I much preferred the feel and look of this. Also less than half the price as well👍🏼

Me and a friend in his completely standard GTI engine wise went out today, first time i’ve had the chance to put mine next to a standard one to see if all the money i’ve spent tuning it is really worth it. Turns out it definitely is! Video below

Me and a friend in his completely standard GTI engine wise went out today, first time i’ve had the chance to put mine next to a standard one to see if all the money i’ve spent tuning it is really worth it. Turns out it definitely is! Video below

https://youtu.be/swz8tHAf0L8

Edited by CLAYTONJONES

To be clear - you were obviously on a national speed limit road.

Cant remember if you had fitted Cams? - if not they must be on the shopping list

Just now, LR5V said:

To be clear - you were obviously on a national speed limit road.

Cant remember if you had fitted Cams? - if not they must be on the shopping list

We popped to Mexico for the day 👍🏼 

Yeah i have, made a nice different with the headwork and map

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 10:35 PM, CLAYTONJONES said:

We popped to Mexico for the day 👍🏼 

Yeah i have, made a nice different with the headwork and map

What's fuel economy like with all the mods?  Keep thinking about cams, but the car is still a daily so not sure if it's worth waiting until it becomes a second car.

1 hour ago, Nathan94 said:

What's fuel economy like with all the mods?  Keep thinking about cams, but the car is still a daily so not sure if it's worth waiting until it becomes a second car.

For normal driving its probably better if anything with the map. As soon as you are on it, it’s noticeable worse🤣

• Thanks 1

I got my steering wheel back from Royal Steering Wheels today, safe to say it looks perfect, absolutely spot on retrim! Highly recommend them, communication is spot on also!

29qxCzO.jpg
zGgKc9N.jpg
MlqdLlF.jpg

On 6/21/2019 at 11:16 AM, Mr.Badbrains said:

That sounds awesome! Do you still have the resonator in?

Cheers! Yeah it still has 2 boxes in it 👍🏼

I don’t know why I wonder this but I’m hoping you have some crazy ass security on this baby! 

I absolutely love it 😍