T4 set on fire at Run To The Sun Vw Event!!!

G3ma lup0

After a very long journey down to newquey that included beinig sat at the garage over 7 hours we arrived RTTS (Run To The Sun) one of the biggest vw camping, dance festival and cmore how in Europe.also some none VW's. looking forward to having a good time. we arrived on the Thursday all was goin great until more people started to turn up, including a group of young lads. After that iv was all down hill, we was getting called for being from up north and because my boyfriend does remappinin and wouldn't give them a free remap and someone told them if had given them one when he hadn't . anyway not takin it to heart. we didn't say anything about it but it went worse from bein called to bein followed to things bein thrown at the t4 camper. we got told they was goin to jump of and my boyfriend . we just kept our se to ours selfs. but after more nasty comments and hearing them say there goin to burn the van with us in it they actually did it!! we couldn't get out of it because there was too many of them. but luckily luckily someone spotted them and put it out. mean while they thought we was still asleep .

Shocked to hear this would go on but seems to be the norm at most festivals. Been leeds fest and seen gangs of pissed lads thinking it's okay to burn things that don't belong to them and try and intimidate others. Should have wrapped a tyre iron around there skulls! Hope you, your boyfriend and the T4 are okay and that the scumbags get what's coming to them!

This makes me feel sick! I hate that people do this! I hope you n your other half are ok as well as the t4!! I hope they get strung up!!

Welcome to the South West.

Such a shame that happened though. Have heard stories of water pistols filled with Paint Stripper... meh. Lived so close to Newquay but never gone to RTTS, always such a bad rep.

Have, for the past 3/4 years, gone to my local Plymouth Volksfest - which is now just a music festival.

Lucky no one was hurt Gemma. Can't imagine that happening to the both of you!

How's the van looking? I know Paul said it snapped the timing belt on the way too? :o

Wonder if Scotty fancies playing northerners there next year?

I'd gladly join in and smash some skulls

where both ok thanks luckily, and the vans not to bad thank god. iv was horrible couldn't go anywhere without bein followed. we can't even sleep now keep waking up. can't believe someone could even think of doing a thing like that. its not a car enthusiasts place to be. will never be going again that's for sure, and if you love your car/ van i strongly suggest you don't go .

got one of them

got one of them

You definitely shouldn't post it, and if someone sees it they defnitely shouldn't set fire to it. ;)

Seriously though have you reported them to the Police? cos that's conspiracy to attempted murder right there.

I'm only going by the thread title as your post was incomprehensible...

Hope you were all okay, next time try to type in proper English though.

:thumbsup:

I think the . , and shift keys were lost in the fire.

bit hard tryin to type things on my phone

• 1 month later...

I was at rtts 2012 too

looked so good on the net

the line up wasnt to bad and the fact the show and shine was on a airstrip

in newquay well i was expecting sun sea and lots of laughs

we traveled from Newcastle yep 10 hours (1L shhhh!)

and we finally got there got parked next to a honda civic a ford fiesta and an old mondeo

some vw fest this was the whole field was full of little wreckheads, dont get me wrong some substance's are ok on a night out

but just about every drug imaginable in a field full of idiots at 1 in the afternoon isnt the best

never the less tried to party it off but after reading on the net you can stay for seven days we thought we'l just wait until they leave everything will calm down and we can enjoy the area. nope that plan went to the ****ter too and we got kicked off the monday morning

u probably seen me i was driving the lupo white roof bars and le castellets

never am i driving all that way for that let down again