1.0l Red Lupo Lenso...

MikeW

Top work dude!!!

Cheers Joe :)

looks pretty sweet mate bit much red though... would start to hurt my eyes lol

Thanks buddy. Lol i do like a bit of red ;)

Apart from the CL sticker the dash bits look really OEM, top work mate

Cheers mate, i've only got the CL sticker there as it started to look a little scratched where the two parts joined. Top part of the dash could use a little touch up i suppose.

Edited by MikeW

dash looks cool, very different! you should get a photo of the entire dash from the rear seats or something, would be nice to see it complete ;)

get the spacers on!

Cheers dude, i do have one but its a bit of an older photo, when i didn't have cup holders...ahh those were bad times :(

Lol the spacers are still a work in progress, i've been fabricating them from scratch from just a block of ally. The one shown in the picture is nearly complete, they need to be 20mm, the block i had to use was 25mm, so i need mill 5mm off. I still need to do some lathe work on the other to get the outer circle, then take 5mm off that. :) So getting there slowly but surely

Paints fine, i did it first using some rattle cans. Finished looked great for a few days, then these random lines appreared in the laquer, so i got the guy in the paint shop to gove it a once over when i got the bumper and roof done. only spot which isn't perfect is where i've put the CL sticker, there is a slight scratch and it looks a tad damaged at the join...might be from when i fitted it though. I say do it ! :)

Edited by MikeW

Thanks Kieran, :)

I love white Lupos, they really lend themselves to all colours. A white dash would be cool... but i'd be more bold and have a red or blue one ;) Then eventually colour code the wheels to the dash ! Makes me want a white loop now :P

• 3 weeks later...

Well today i came accross a raised manhole cover where a road is being resurfaced, even though i was going cautiously, it still beat me. Scared the hell out of me, sounded like a bloody gun shot and it stopped the car dead, felt like i hit a wall ! I had to reverse off it which was a bit embarissing :paperbag: Must have been quite a big hit as it caused my indicator panel to pop out on the opposite side, i wasnt going fast either. Looks like i sustained a bit of damage to the lower arm as well?

DSCF0002-1.jpg

I know it's mainly my own fault for lowering my car, but im surprised any normal car could get round them. Madness i say lol

Here is the damage. Looks like i'll be needing a new subframe. So much money, just because of some poorly maintained roadworks. I dont think i have a claim, no way i can battle the council considering my car is so low....Anything like this happened to any of you?

IMG00101-20120305-1718.jpg

IMG00104-20120305-1719.jpg

Ouch. :surprised:

Ouch Indeed :unsure:

That will polish out ;)

Happened to me on my polo and claimed

And they did fick all!!

Even a bit of warm soapy water should do the trick :thumbsup:

Yea, i don't think i'd have much luck either. Just a massive shame that routine trip into work can lead to this because they cant be bothered to finish a road! :(

If the manhole cover was exposed because of incomplete road works then you should atleast try talking to a legal advisor.

The council have a duty to maintain roads to a standard and they shouldnt fod you off just because your car is low, what about sports cars?

• 2 months later...

Hi CL,

Been a while since i posted in this thread so i will start off with a pretty cool Photoshop a friend of mine did of my Lupo...

michael211.jpg

I think this is the route i will be going down lol (i wish)

Also if anyone has a subframe up for grabs for a 1.0, please let me know. I have cash waiting!!!

(I cant post anything in the wanted section.)

Hi CL,

Been a while since i posted in this thread so i will start off with a pretty cool Photoshop a friend of mine did of my Lupo...

michael211.jpg

I think this is the route i will be going down lol (i wish)

Also if anyone has a subframe up for grabs for a 1.0, please let me know. I have cash waiting!!!

(I cant post anything in the wanted section.)

Hi Mike

Are you looking for front or rear? May be able to help.

Did you sort that oil problem after?

Yea was just the oil pressure sensor switch. Pretty simple fix for the garage thankfully :)

Hi Mike

Are you looking for front or rear? May be able to help.

I am looking for the front subframe. Any help would be appreciated mate, i've been looking for ages lol

Mike

Ive been looking at getting a new set of wheels, 15" x 7 ET20 and 15" x 8 ET15. With some stretch and rolling they should fit. Would anyone be interested in buying my Lensos without tyres. Looking for £250 as 3 are like new and one has some slight curbing.

If anyone is interested, let me know :)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the 20mm spacers i made, looking nice and flush (small ammount of poke). There is a tiny bit of scrubbing but it will be sorted with a small ammount of rolling.

Before...

IMG_0649.jpg

After...

IMG_0648.jpg

Thanks

look good there :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :)

Good work, nice pictures, and good results!

Thanks mate, i'm really happy with how it turned out, especially as i made them myself! Will need a small bit of arch rolling, just to clear the top arch...nothing major.