1.0l Red Lupo Lenso...

MikeW

Mite be the ET38 ones then, only the site i ordered them off didn't specify that the silver ones came in that offset, only ET20. The offset wasn't branded on the rim either, just said ET.......

As much as i love my little lupo, i cant stop looking through the cars for sale section at GTI's. Mite start looking at insurance quotes, then i can determine weither or not i should start saving up for one, even a sport (being 19 it seems unlikely)... something to dream about. To sum up, i just want a fast lupo! :thumbsup:

haha cheers mate, did i by any chance have some other people in the car? and was it in the evening? (saying that... it was a while ago, you may not remember :rolleyes: ) Lol i mite have been on my way to Kingston for a band practice :thumbsup:

If you are from East Molesey, you are pretty local to me, i'm only in Hersham

Ha yeah there were 3 of you, knew it was your car cus I remembered the vans sticker on the rear! Yeah not far at all, would be awesome to see this car again!

Was deffinately on my way to band practice then haha, see...the little car can be very practical at times, carrying three people, two guitars and a load of drum gear :thumbsup: You'll most likely spot me driving around the Hersham/ Walton area.

Went to the VAG rolling road meet at the Ace Cafe yesterday with some friends. After a while, i thought it was about time to give the lupo a turn, just out of pure curiosity (i waited for it to die down a bit though haha). Pulled the car up to the ramp so the guy could drive it on, was a bit touch and go with the bumper...but it got on the ramp, however when it dropped into the rolling road, it sorta landed on the subframe :rolleyes: Needless to say they couldn't run it as it was to low and the rollers were spinning both the wheels and against the subframe. There was a video taken that i'm still trying to get, then i'll put it up as it's pretty funny.

Check out the video of my failed attempt at the rolling road/ dyno at the Ace cafe. Listen out for the rollers scraping against the subframe :thumbsup:

(Not me driving btw, thats the guy that tests all the cars)

I'm in serious thoughts about getting a Lupo sport, in talks with insurance company now, however its all a bit confusing. The broaker (although very friendly) is telling me some rediculous prices, but the aviva website is telling me it will cost much less thatn the 1.0 :confused: All a bit frustrating. Anyway might be part of the sports club soon :thumbsup: So if anyone with a sport (Preferably black as i have already planned out the colour combo) wants to swap...speak up. I'm just dreaming about power steering, electric windows, central locking...ahh one day.

After a lot of thought, I've decided i'm not gonna get a sport just yet, think i'll save myself some money and stick with the little 1.0l. Think it will be a bit more rewarding for me to finish the job i started. List of things to do over a period of time:

1. Get heater matrix fixed

2. Get serviced

3. Sort out paint work (whole side need respraying...bumpstrip mark, carpark dings and other scuffs)

4. Carbon wrap/ spray/ replace some tatty interior bits

5. Re-trim headliner, door cards, parcel shelf and pillars

6. Good clean of seats

7. New side repeaters (mine look a bit smoked as a result of their age and i just want it clean)

8. If i feel the mood strike me, wheels resprayed (was thinking mk5 golf R32 blue, but not sure if blue and red go...feel free to p'chop)

9. New front NS wheel arch if possible as mine is dented (wasn't me)

10. Would love a cool OEM steering wheel

11. Spacers for wheels, maybe 10mm

12. Arches rolled

Edited by MikeW

I spy with my little eye...A very little car.

IMG00010-20111124-1411.jpg

IMG00009-20111124-1411.jpg

Been meaning to put this up for a while but i couldn't work out this phone...THIS IS WHY I HATE CAR PARKS. They didn't hit me but thay were blocking me in, lol i took other photos as well

IMG00003-20111109-1335.jpg

Edited by MikeW

ive been meaning to post it up, but on wed someone did this to me and actually hit my car. so freaking inconsiderate, and i bet it woulda take 2 mins to park properly! Any update on the heaters?:)

Yea that's what scares me, people don't seem to care, the other pic i got shows they're crossing my car a bit, so i was trapped in the space...lucky i was only on lunch. However they were so close i couldn't open my drivers door at all. I don't think i could ever leave my car badly parked.

Cars booked in to the VW garage for next Thursday about the heaters, where they're basically gonna tell me what i already know lol. They're also gonna investigate as to why the plug for my boot brake light has melted. Ahhh my car has taken a severe dislike to me lately :glare:

hi mate what tyre profiles u running

165/50/15 Nankang NS2

i have a nice picture of a hilux that decided to park a good few inches inside my front bumper. Multi-stories...

Ahhh no, that sucks man, i was so relieved when i saw the tiny gap between them and my car, and no black paint on my bumper. Scared the hell outta me when i was walking up to it and saw it from the angle in that pic :sick:

Started to do some carbon wraping, still got loads left to go mad with. The part on the lower dash looks a bit tatty, its a pretty hard shape to wrap...

DSCF04882.jpg

I also got some polished valve coveres to hide the black ones that were fitted with the tyres.

DSCF04912-1.jpg