1.0l Red Lupo Lenso...

MikeW

Thanks mate, they do look soo much better than the black ones. When i next get tyres fitted, i'll get the polished valves but until then these will do... They were only a couple of quid on ebay too.

I also have some crystal clear side repeaters on the way too. Mine are looking a bit smoked...i don't really like that. I'm also going to order some spacers for the rear but not sure which to go for, 10mm maybe?

Edited by MikeW

A couple more Cheap updates...

Bit more carbon wrapping and a nice new gear gaitor...

IMG00021-20111209-1455.jpg

Lupo tax disk holder...

IMG00024-20111209-1456.jpg

Rear badge carbon inserts...

IMG00026-20111209-1456.jpg

New Side repeaters, old and new...

IMG00015-20111204-1533.jpg

FK 5mm front spacers, Before...

IMG00017-20111209-1416.jpg

After...

IMG00018-20111209-1416.jpg

And all done next to college race Fiesta...

IMG00020-20111209-1433.jpg

IMG00019-20111209-1433.jpg

Thanks

New indicators look so much better

Agreed :thumbup:

I did mine the hard way today with a cheap sheet of red carbon vinyl & buggered my badge in the process lol

Just spotted you have one stubby & one large mirror too, just noticed that about mine this morning haha did VW do this on purpose in the factory? Seems sensible giving you more view o/s & more clearance n/s

Edited by Koop

I did mine the hard way today with a cheap sheet of red carbon vinyl & buggered my badge in the process lol

Just spotted you have one stubby & one large mirror too, just noticed that about mine this morning haha did VW do this on purpose in the factory? Seems sensible giving you more view o/s & more clearance n/s

Yeah this was on purpose, if you can get hold of an EU spec passenger mirror you'd have two stubbys :)

Thanks guys :) Oh and i just bought the pre cut ones off ebay. I thought it'd be easier than removing the badge, all the sticky stuff, buying new sticky stuff etc. :P

Link us to your inlays?

Ahh that sucks mate, the thing that bothers me with the inlays is that the weave of the carbon fibre is not all in the same direction. And what joeadamou said is correct about the morror :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK4-MK5-Badge-Carbon-Fibre-Style-Inserts-GTI-/150711164480?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item231715de40

Think they're all the same for the 90mm inner badge diameter

Yeah that's what I was looking at, ended up going for this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120781229677

...which would have been an ultra cheap solution if it wasn't for the badge I now need to replace haha not too bothered really there was just enough vinyl for 2 & it's good to have one to practice on cos I can do another one better now ;) git some white primer on it so the red really pops, toidy. Plus the 'grain' of me 'carbon' all runs the same way :P

Edited by Koop

Hey it's not often I get chance to show off given the state of my loop next to you lot haha ;)

Got the 10mm spacers fitted today, so the new setup is 10mm rears and 5mm fronts :) Just looks more fitted. I'll be sure to get some photos up when i take some. I'm fed up with the poor quality of the phone camera so i'll try get some soon. Oh and i also took the stickerbombed vinyl off the petrol cap...that got very boring very quick!

im not certain, but from what ive read on here, they started with two full size mirrors, but literally for a few weeks, then went to 2 stubbys (which i have) and then went to the half and half.

Gave the Lupo a clean and tried to get some photos of the new fitment. Excuse the photo quality as i ran out of natural light.

5mm front spacers and 10mm rear. I like having front tuck and rear flush.

DSCF0516.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0521.jpg

Thanks. Mike.

Well it was all very confusing to me...apparently its a very common fault that condensation builds up on the heater matrix in the Lupo ?. That still doesn't explain why my coolant drops. I'm doubting how much they actually looked into it, the car was in there at 8am, i had to call up at 5.30pm to ask when to collect. Then when i got there the lady said that they didn't get a whole load of time work on it and therefore didn't charge me...

Though that said, it has been working recently. Still smells very strong, it just doesn't smoke.

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased a nice new camera today, so hopefully i won't have to upload poor quality phone photo's anymore. I'm still trying to find a nice location to do a proper photoshoot.

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

Excuse the fact that it needs a wash :lol:

x