1.0l Red Lupo Lenso...

MikeW

Trial fitted the wheels today, still waiting on tyres and still need alloy wheel bolts. If anyone has some alloy wheel bolts to sell, Hook me up!!

P061011_1257.jpg

P061011_1301.jpg

P061011_1303_01.jpg

Mite need to get camber sorted, not liking how close they sit to coilovers!! I think they look great tho, cant wait to see them tucked in the arches ;)

could you not use your standard wheel bolts? :s looks mint tho :D

Think the tapre is different...the alloys are 60 degree, not too sure what steelie bolts are? I may be wrong tho. If not i spent out on new rims, suppose it wouldnt hurt to fit new bolts. And thanks mate :)

Put like 10/15 mm spacers to ring them away from the coilies

Nice work.

Joe

Thanks buddy, was thinking about some 10mm spacers, not too sure how that will affect scrubbing haha :D

I felt the need for some more red ;)... So with some rattle cans i did thiDSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

Can i just ask mate, did you remove the panels before spraying them? if so, how? :tongueout: looks sick and i wanna do it to mine :D

@JampotJamie

Haha cheers mate, and yea i did remove them first. The passenger vent just pulls out, the drivers one u need to unscrew lower plate, then push the light switch in then twist, this releases that (mite be another screw as well) the large centre part is just screwed in, the T section above is plastic welded, so jently pop it free (easier than sounds). It will go back too as it has some clips, just chop the broken plastic weld off, which is easy with a sharp stanley. The dial cover is just 2 screws i think.

When u have all the parts off, u will be able to remove the actual heater vents from the plastic trim (this will become clear), but fiddly but deffinately makes it easier to spray.

I know it sounds a bit much but it will all make sense when u do it, just make sure u get to all bolts and remember the orders it comes off.

Think i covered everything, hope this was of some use to you (if it makes no sense let me know!!), and DONT be put off by the sound of all the work, its rele not as hard as i made it sound

ahh rite cool. cheers for that mate, seems pretty clear atm :P lol

shouldnt be too difficult :) just got o figure out what colour to do them now, Soft Blue is a difficult colour to match up with other colours, apart from the obvious black or white.

Thanks again dude. i will post up some pictures when i do it (wont be any time soon btw) so keep an eye out for my handy work ;)

Mod list:

JOM Blueline coilovers

Removed bump strips

Color coded dash

Color coded wing mirrors

Smoothed bumper

Awesome little 'po!

Same year/model as mine, Unfortunately mines awaiting a mod list! ahaha.

How much have you spent on the above? And how low is it? And have you declared it all on insurance? And what did removing the bump strips require?

Sorry for all the questions, i've been after a little bit of inspiration for a while and you hit the spot! :)

Hi Lollipop,

As its a daily driver, on a low budget, i've tried to keep things as cheap as possible. The coilovers were around £200 as they were only cheap ones (I would however reccomend these), the colour coded dash cost a bit as i went through loads of halfrauds rattle cans, tho i didn't use a primer which would have been the better option! The smoothed bumper was £450 as i got the roof resprayed at the same time...Wheel and tyres approximately £600!

Not entirely sure how low it is, my front bumper sits about 3 and a half inches off the ground (Its low enough for me) also no rear adjusters. Plus there is loads of thread on the front to go lower.

It has all been declaired on insurance (bar the wheels which have'nt been fitted yet) Aviva seem pretty cool with that kinda thing and didn't increase cost at all.

Removing the bump strips was the worst thing i've done, like a lot of other people, it appears someone has done a spray job up to them, so i have a big line which ruins the door and clearly shows the top and bottom of the door are different shades of red! Its easy to do though, just a hairdryer, old credit card and patience. Some people also suggest some kind of sticky stuff remover to get all the black glue off. (the line is visible in the above pics of the wheel trial fit)

Thanks for the questions, hope they could help, tbh i just like the attention ;)

Mike

Yeah, Fair enough.. I'll be doing them, seen as i'm only an apprentice! haha

May i ask where you got the coiliovers?

And with the dash trims, Are yours the textured effect ones? I have a feeling mine are, But with not currently driving it and it not being at mine i can't nip out and check.. But if they are, Did you smooth them back or paint them as they are?

What wheels are they? They look like BBS reps?

'Not entirely sure how low it is, my front bumper sits about 3 and a half inches off the ground (Its low enough for me) also no rear adjusters. Plus there is loads of thread on the front to go lower.'

So you can't adjust the ride height on the rear?

And with the bump strips, I had a horrible feeling they where push clipped into the door, and would require the holes filling and painting.. Turning a little neat job in to a huge respray! haha, I'm glad you've told me there just glued on, they'll be coming straight off :)

Cheers for the guidance buddy!

Lollipop.

I got the coilovers from Venom Motorsport, they were really good and helpful, delivery was good too if i remember correctly. As for the dash trim, mine were the smooth dark grey panels, made it real easy to spray, just gave them a fine key before with some sandpaper to help paint grip.

The wheels i got are Lenso BSX, got some Nankang 165/50/15 tyres to go on as well for a bit of stretch too :) They are BBS reps, thats why i guess some people hate on them for not being the originals, but they are still a really nice wheel and should get more credit. They're only fake splits tho, but half the people that see them wont be able to tell the difference. (i hope ;) )

The heigh can be adjusted on the rear using the adjusters, which is basically an adjustable seat for the spring (the back is not a coilover unit like the fronts, just adjuster, lowering spring and upgraded damper) however, if u take them out, u can get the back a lot lower, thats why people tend not to use them, all depends on you tho really, however once taken out, you cant adjust the height any more or cant get any lower unless you cut the springs or whatever.

lol I had the same thoughts about the strips being clipped on, but its just that black adheasive pad things, bit of a bugger to remove though so good luck :D

Mike

Oh, I know Venom there just up the road. Not been in there yet mind you.

I'm trying to work out what to buy first, Wheels, Lows, Colour coded lower bumpers? haha..

I've seen a few really nice wheels, I'm just not sure which offsets, widths and sizes fit and look well.

I've got til January before its on the road, Due to waiting for insurance to renew on my dads admiral multi car, So i've got quite a bit of playing time to get bits i want without the running costs.

Lollipop :)

If i were you i'd start with either the coilovers or bumpers, looks a bit funny when aftermarket wheels are fitted to a car at standard height imo :lol:

As for wheels from what i gather 14" or 15"s are best for non gti, 13"s look rad, but need mega lows to suit them. And i think anything over 7j wide may need arch work, stretch or camber to fit.?? As for offsets im not 100%, mine are ET20 and 7j wide, so i mite need to roll my arches. Ideally i'd love to have big wheels and loads of tuck, as im more into that kind of style, other than small wide wheels that poke a lot!

Mike

Haha it takes a while to find the style you like, for me it took a while to save up enough money :D The wheel size i have are 15" by 7j all round, fairly common size. Go on wheel-whores.com and browse through the classifieds section, thats a good way to find wheels or be inspired :)

Mike

Go on wheel-whores.com and browse through the classifieds section, thats a good way to find wheels or be inspired :)

i was browsing through there yesterday, got some nice wheels on there... bit out of my price range atm though :P

Make sure you get pics up when your wheels are on dude!!

Oh i will deffinately be putting some pictures up :yes: , thanks to a delivery today, i now have all four tyres, so will hopefully try and get thim fitted at some point this week. Though i still need longer bolts!

Took one of my wheels down to local Seat garage where a mate fitted one of my tyres to check how easily they will all go on. Will get the rest fitted asap!

Here's a few phone snaps i took just to show you my stretch! Running 165/50/15 Nankang on 15x7j :)

P121011_1725.jpg

P121011_1725_01.jpg

Very soon i hope, lol i found some alloy wheel bolts in one of the boxes i didn't open. :doh: Hopefully i will have the rest of the tyres fitted real soon, then i kinda want to get the front camber and allignment sorted so i dont ruin the tyres. But its getting close!! :D

Yea mate!! :P Lookin nice man, bit jelous tbh. Im all for the 'fake wheels' cheaper than the real deal lol they look just as nice IMO.

Loads of respect for this comment :) My exact thoughts when buying them!

So it's finally happened, i have fitted my wheels and i love them. They look great and the car feels so much nicer on them. Anyway enough of the chit chat, here's some pics i managed to take off my phone whilst there was still some daylight! Springs still have'nt settled in the photos btw :)

P141011_1801_03.jpg

P141011_1801_01.jpg

P141011_1801.jpg

I'd love to know what you guys think :)

Edited by MikeW