Lupo

99hjhm

sweet update! i need to pay for and fit my pop outs! haha

Get some good knives, you'll need them!! Glue is a pita to cut off.

Stripped the centre section out of my engine cover too, painting it silver. Also back running 25mm spacers on the rear wheels, track must almost be as wide as the wheel base now. :lol:

Nice one James

like it alot

love the 3M wrap

Fitted programable wiper relay...

40059_421448202193_563967193_4875640_5153109_n.jpg

Complicated to explain what it does, but basically controls the delay on the wipers intermittant setting.

That is cool. I've wondered if you could fit a stalk like the new Ibizas (and presumably Polos) have with a switch on the top that controls the intermediate setting by fitting an extra relay. Presumably not if you have done it this way. How easy is it to reprogram? Use VAG COM?

Like the ABS switch loom as well. They are brilliant mods.

Edited by northwick

:lol:

yeah didnt think about getting the old ones out! :lol:

Smash them out.

Nice one James

like it alot

love the 3M wrap

I like it too, hopefully it will look OEM+ still.

Cool! Very clever :D

:)

Liking the idea of turning the abs off. Would be interested in how you're going to wire it all up.

The loom I have made in that pic just plugs into the place of one of the 4 or so ABS fuses. Simple

Looks really nice and some neat touches to :shades:

Thanks. :)

That is cool. I've wondered if you could fit a stalk like the new Ibizas (and presumably Polos) have with a switch on the top that controls the intermediate setting by fitting an extra relay. Presumably not if you have done it this way. How easy is it to reprogram? Use VAG COM?

Like the ABS switch loom as well. They are brilliant mods.

The stalk on the later cars controls part of the comfort control module, which the Lupo don't have. This relay is a straight swap for the Lupo wiper relay, was fitted to Golf Mk3's but fits alot of VAG cars, so no need for VAG-COM.

Finished the subframes and fitted the Mk5 seats, not painted the subframes yet, wanted to check if they all fitted and adjusted OK. They are VERY low, like driving a go-kart.

DSCN6187e.jpg

Got another set of gloss black b-pillar trims to fit, never happy with the first set, need to get some rivets ordered to fit them with.

I love this car!

Please take some more photos of the interior (dash and under dash) :wub:

I will, still not modified the final piece that fits round the centre of the dash, will do it before Edition, then get some more pics.

Painted the centre of the engine cover, added a Mk5 GTI badge, really happy the way it turned out...

DSCN6189e.jpg

DSCN6194e.jpg

More pics of the Bathursts in the sun...

DSCN5884e.jpg

DSCN5886e.jpg

Collecting some more Lupo seats tomorrow, then sell my old GTI trim. Also ordered a oil breather catch tank to fit.