Lupo

99hjhm

Interior bits are looking brilliant. Where did you get your 3m vynal from - there's so much crap quality stuff around. Hope all goes well with the brakes, great looking upgrade!

Patrick

eBay is the place to get it, far cheaper buying it in 1M sections.

Just waiting on the machinist for the brakes now. :(

Looks good, like the first photo!

Dont do any carbon touches on the exterior.

Going to do the towing eye covers at the front as I lost one this morning. :(

Can you post a pic of that last bit installed? (just to see how it looks "in context")

Sure, will try to get some at the weekend.

Have some stub axle spacers to poke out the rear a bit, allows me to get rid of the silly thick wheel spacers that can't be doing the bearings anygood.

IMG_1811e.jpg

Monkey also did a few more carbon bits.....

IMG_1882e.jpg

IMG_1814e.jpg

Managed to run over a dead badger and log within the space of 1/4 mile that lost me a tow eye cover and ripped the LCR splitter clean off.. :lol:

What else are you going to do exterior wise with the vinyl? I fancy just the roof and mirrors.

I'm not TBH, unless I can't get any paint work done before UD's, in which case the bonnet will be getting done. :lol: Might do the mirrors see how they look, they need painting AGAIN anyway. Think the roof would look ok on a black car, not a fan of black roofs on other colours.

What porsche are the brakes from from? Look really good behind those wheels. Top Job on the car.

The flip keys you done, did you code them yourself through VAG Tacho / VAG COM? if so might need your help at some point the future if you don't mind me sending you a message.

What porsche are the brakes from from? Look really good behind those wheels. Top Job on the car.

The flip keys you done, did you code them yourself through VAG Tacho / VAG COM? if so might need your help at some point the future if you don't mind me sending you a message.

The calipers are from the rear of a Porsche 996 or Boxster S'. I have(or will have when they get made) sets of brackets to fit both 280mm Golf G60 discs and 305mm Ibiza Cupra R discs. With the 280mm discs they fit behind the bathursts with a 10mm ish spacer.

I also have a set of huge Ibiza Cupra R Brembo's that fit behind the BBS's, but need refurbing.

The flip keys are not coded as such, I took the transponder chips from my existing keys and put them in these ones with some mods. The keys can be programmed in the drivers door barrel to open/lock the car. PM me if you need any info.

Ignore the tiny discs.....

36156_451037697193_563967193_5477327_587658_n.jpg

69092_451038322193_563967193_5477353_7088372_n.jpg

Too close, but I use a 5mm spacer anyway. :)

Not a lot of clearance there at all on the Brembos! Is it possible to code a transponder from the ignition barrel if there is a blank transponder? Seen the instructions for the remote programming on here!

I like Brembos - Think they go well with the car, but can imagine they could be hard work on a Lupo, so will watch this closely going forwards.

Not a lot of clearance there at all on the Brembos! Is it possible to code a transponder from the ignition barrel if there is a blank transponder? Seen the instructions for the remote programming on here!

I like Brembos - Think they go well with the car, but can imagine they could be hard work on a Lupo, so will watch this closely going forwards.

You need VW diagnostic software to code the keys on Lupo's, or a good auto locksmith.

Hard work? How do you mean mate?

The car is 2001 Lupo - So your thinking is a combination between Tacho and Vag Com wouldn't be able to code the keys? I hear 2002 onwards can be a bit of a pain but thinking I might have scraped into the OK section :lol: Seen a few guys on the Audi Forums code keys on later models with a combination between the 2 programmes.

As for the Brakes - Mean that they are going to take some work to get on the car - I would be interested in maybe purchasing a set of the brackets in the future if you're making spares.

Whats the clearance liking on the std GTI Calipers to the bathursts?

The car is 2001 Lupo - So your thinking is a combination between Tacho and Vag Com wouldn't be able to code the keys? I hear 2002 onwards can be a bit of a pain but thinking I might have scraped into the OK section :lol: Seen a few guys on the Audi Forums code keys on later models with a combination between the 2 programmes.

As for the Brakes - Mean that they are going to take some work to get on the car - I would be interested in maybe purchasing a set of the brackets in the future if you're making spares.

Whats the clearance liking on the std GTI Calipers to the bathursts?

You may be able to do it, but I can't get the SKC from my car. And don't you need working workshop codes to be able to code keys in VAG-COM? I'm sure there are ways round it.

Brakes fit now, just waititng on the brackets, I've had custom braided hoses made up to suit the Lupo.

This was withthe prototype bracket....

76342_455916787193_563967193_5569325_4880915_n.jpg

The std caliper is pretty close to the Bathursts anyway, and the back of the spoke is quite large meaning you need spacers.

Edited by 99hjhm

I'll have a look into it when I get the car back - I'll stick it in progress thread on my car and drop you a link. I think it can be reprogrammed through VAG COM without a workshop code but needs to be checked to see if the key is suitable for coding before starting. (Run through instruments [17], Then measuring blocks and test under group 22)

Those porsche calipers look great - The more I see them the more I want a set on the car.

Cars hate winter....

IMG_1934e.jpg

:(

Towing eye cover....

IMG_1941e.jpg

Just waiting on another from lupoboz.

Coolant bottle cover....

IMG_1926e.jpg

Think it works pretty well wit the R8 cap.

Need MOAR interior pics :)

Here you go...

IMG_1904e.jpg

IMG_1932e.jpg

IMG_1937e.jpg

IMG_1940e.jpg

IMG_1933e.jpg

IMG_1907e.jpg

Took the mk5 seats out, wasn't happy with the lack of foot space for people in the back, so set about cutting the backs of the seats and subfames, shortened them by 50mm in the end, Dad's getting the frames powder coated now.

Forgot.....

Flipped the tie rods to try and improve the bump steer, I'm not totally sure it has worked, needs a proper road test to find out, steering feels super sharp, that might be due to the tracking now been out.

Before....

IMG_0263e.jpg

After....

IMG_0265e.jpg

The collars needed some modifying in the lathe to fit and had to make a puller to fit them. So not easy.

Forgot.....

Flipped the tie rods to try and improve the bump steer, I'm not totally sure it has worked, needs a proper road test to find out, steering feels super sharp, that might be due to the tracking now been out.

Before....

IMG_0263e.jpg

After....

IMG_0265e.jpg

The collars needed some modifying in the lathe to fit and had to make a puller to fit them. So not easy.

I'm confused as to why flipping the rods would improve bump steer? I would really like to know the theory behind this please?