Lupo

99hjhm

I will, still not modified the final piece that fits round the centre of the dash, will do it before Edition, then get some more pics.

Painted the centre of the engine cover, added a Mk5 GTI badge, really happy the way it turned out...

DSCN6189e.jpg

DSCN6194e.jpg

Wow

:wub:

Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

Done a few more things.....

Fitted a small oil catch tank.....

DSCN6214e.jpg

DSCN6213e.jpg

Fitted a lower tie bar...

DSCN6206e.jpg

DSCN6211e.jpg

DSCN6212e.jpg

Not driven the car yet so no idea if it makes a difference or not. Sits very low to the floor.

Just ordered one :) Not a bad price.

lol.., Didn't wait for me to see if it was any good then?

Fitted the R8 coolant cap, don't get buying them too fast, they are not a direct fit, had to turn down the Lupo top, then rip the centre from the R8 cap and bond the Lupo part in.

DSCN6222e.jpg

Haha no for what i paid im not fussed if it doesn't show any improvements.

Plus i wanted in time for Silverstone :)

Does it come with bolts to fit? Or you just use your own.

No just use the VW ones, they are miles long enough, ideally it wants a large washer in the holes of the bar as for some stupid reason the hole is slotted. :rolleyes:

Made your brake pipes earlier btw, I'll upload a pic on Facebook.

Seats are too low, lower tie bar is too low, and is now missing some paint. :blush:

anyway...

Fitted the other pop-out window, modified the c-pillar trim. Took it for a drive and seemed to get a lot of wind noise, found I could space the catch along to put more tension on the seals, and worked a treat.

Also...

Whilst cleaning the engine bay i spotted a way of increasing the counterweighting of the gear linkage, which is helpful with my short shift... No pics as its a little pikey.

DSCN6225e.jpg

DSCN6226e.jpg

DSCN6206e.jpg

Can you give the number of struts, which is on a sticker with a bar code

thanks

Yep...

MA/1759.

Forget it if your car is very low, wont be long before you need a new sump and subframe. Oh and it touches the exhaust on part throttle. :(

Even with all Caspers convincing, didn't enter it in show and shine at Edition, like a fool.

Machined polished it on Saturday, got it looking pretty good, then reversed into a steel peg at Edition, scuffing the bumper. :( Didn't even bother washing it at Edition and it got so covered in dust nobody could see anyway. :(

DSCN6233e.jpg

DSCN6242e.jpg

DSCN6246e.jpg

DSCN6274e.jpg

DSCN6274e.jpg

DSCN6276e.jpg

Edited by 99hjhm

• 4 weeks later...

Great Work James !!!!!!!

:wub: this !

Wow.. Nearly a month since I posted in here. Thanks for the comments and photo's. :)

Got a little bored with the Lupo, wanted to spend some money on other things(New camera) and not sure where to go with it.

Only done a few things.....

Fitted a Mk6 Golf aerial, this one actually works, and fites the Lupo base perfectly...

DSCN6356e.jpg

Got round to trusting a tyre fitted to get the tyres on my Bathursts for the winter....

IMG_0489e.jpg

IMG_0496e.jpg

IMG_0515e.jpg

Not sure on the Audi caps so the VW ones will go back on when I glue the new badges in later. Went for Toyo Proxes4 tyres, and whacked 30mm spacers on the rear.

Also wanted to upgrade the front brakes, for looks more than anything, the GTI misses the 4-pot calipers most modern hot-hatches have. It has to be OEM(ish), but couldn't afford the off the shelf Brembo kit, but have tracked down some calipers and adaptors for 280mm discs for now, will probably end up going bigger and Porsche though.