Lupo

99hjhm

wheels look wicked in the rain almost brushed ally

how do you find the sat nav works in mine its a bit rubbish lol but then again i guess it is old technology

and have you seen the picture in either pvw or golf+ at the detailed bash it looks awesome

wheels look wicked in the rain almost brushed ally

how do you find the sat nav works in mine its a bit rubbish lol but then again i guess it is old technology

and have you seen the picture in either pvw or golf+ at the detailed bash it looks awesome

urm.. You know which mag it was Chris? :):)

Yes, the sat nav is poo.

I'm pretty happy with the wheels, really prefer the 16's now though, but winter calls. :lol:

Fitted the engine cover back on too....

DSCN6361e.jpg

Whats the off the shelf brembo kit, mk2 golf? Or a Lupo specific one?

Let me know when you come to changing brakes if your selling anything :)

OK, long story....

It's the one Badger5 sells on seatcupra.net. Was £700 all in a couple of years ago, now £1050ish +VAT. Brembo GT Junior calipers, 305mm Ibiza Cupra R discs etc. Far too much!!

I found a supplier in Germany on a Mk1 Golf forum who supplies all kinds of brackets to fit Porsche calipers to Mk1 and also Mk2 Golfs(Same fit as Lupo) he was doing brackets to fit small 996 rear calipers to 280mm G60 discs... Sadly he was moonlighting them off at work, and got fired.

Then I found a guy on thecorradoforum, who fitted 996 rear calipers to 305mm discs using spaced Audi RS2 brackets, he's a machinist, so offered to make me the same brackets for beer money(More now as I wanted the spec changing), so they are been made now. Then some Ibiza Brembo's came up on Edition38 with brackets to fit 280mm discs for £180, so snapped them up... 996 rears are quite tiny and appear to fit behind most 15" wheels on 280mm discs. Should probably just buy Wilwoods, but they are not great calipers, also they have large piston sizes which leads to longer pedal travel, the Ibiza Cupra R used the same master cylinder as the Lupo GTI, so should still be OK(If a little longer).

Also been researching reducing the bumpsteer due to the car been lowered, ended up on the Corrado forum again and found some sleves to flip the track rod ends over so the track rods end up square to the road(ish), ideally the lower wishbone(ball joint) needs spacing down to match but it's not easy to do on a Lupo, as the design is not the same as the MK1-3 Golfs where spacers are already made, the Lupo uses a ball joint secured by a nut same as a VR6, not a pinch bolt like 4-cylinder cars.

Sounds good, so you were orginally going to use the rear calipers? But now your using the brembo's?

Brakes are the next thing on my to do list before it sees a track again. Im either wanting G60's or a good 4 pot set up such as Brembo or Tarox.

Yeh my bump steer is quite bad now on the new set up :(

Still undecided what I'm going to use. :rolleyes:

G60's will be fine tbh, as long as you use decent pads as it's the pads that fade quicker than you can boil the fluid. I would go for something from the Pagid RS range, but they are pricey and the ceramic compound ones squeel like nothing else. 4-pots add too much unsprung weight for my liking and it's all dependent on tyre grip.

lupo-oulton-8.jpg

Think thats DS2500 pads and 280mm Brembo discs. (Badger5's pic)

That pic is cool! They look well cooked ha.

Yeh price on discs and pads shouldnt be a problem as i will get everything through work at cost price.

Theres a 280mm set up now on seat cupra forum id happily buy but i need arches rolling now :lol:

Edit: I see that badger5's website sells that brembo 4 pot kit at £745 + carriage. Be keen to get 305mm under a set of 15s that wernt motorsport wheels though.

That set thats £45? Thats a very good price with the carriers.

Brembo kit is a lot more than that.

OK, long story....

It's the one Badger5 sells on seatcupra.net. Was £700 all in a couple of years ago, now £1050ish +VAT. Brembo GT Junior calipers, 305mm Ibiza Cupra R discs etc. Far too much!!

I found a supplier in Germany on a Mk1 Golf forum who supplies all kinds of brackets to fit Porsche calipers to Mk1 and also Mk2 Golfs(Same fit as Lupo) he was doing brackets to fit small 996 rear calipers to 280mm G60 discs... Sadly he was moonlighting them off at work, and got fired.

Then I found a guy on thecorradoforum, who fitted 996 rear calipers to 305mm discs using spaced Audi RS2 brackets, he's a machinist, so offered to make me the same brackets for beer money(More now as I wanted the spec changing), so they are been made now. Then some Ibiza Brembo's came up on Edition38 with brackets to fit 280mm discs for £180, so snapped them up... 996 rears are quite tiny and appear to fit behind most 15" wheels on 280mm discs. Should probably just buy Wilwoods, but they are not great calipers, also they have large piston sizes which leads to longer pedal travel, the Ibiza Cupra R used the same master cylinder as the Lupo GTI, so should still be OK(If a little longer).

Also been researching reducing the bumpsteer due to the car been lowered, ended up on the Corrado forum again and found some sleves to flip the track rod ends over so the track rods end up square to the road(ish), ideally the lower wishbone(ball joint) needs spacing down to match but it's not easy to do on a Lupo, as the design is not the same as the MK1-3 Golfs where spacers are already made, the Lupo uses a ball joint secured by a nut same as a VR6, not a pinch bolt like 4-cylinder cars.

Why arnt they great calipers?

Edited by foxy

I'm loving the chrome bathursts James- very nice! Will be putting my bathursts back on soon but they won't look a patch on yours!

Can I ask about your new aerial? Has your reception improved?

Stu ;-)

U have great Lupo. May I ask the product number of that original radio? I dont trust that VW shop give right if I show pics and name. I like to know are there other models (original) what will fit? This topic is very intresting :)

• 2 weeks later...

Why arnt they great calipers?

Nothing wrong with them really, not a fan of the bleed nipple design, can't complain for the price.

Just amazing.

It's inspired me to maybe try OEM.

Whether i'll be able to afford it or not is another thing.. haha

Aye, it's not cheap. :(

I'm loving the chrome bathursts James- very nice! Will be putting my bathursts back on soon but they won't look a patch on yours!

Can I ask about your new aerial? Has your reception improved?

Stu ;-)

Hi Stu, yeah the aerial is as good as the stock one, defo worth having. Really pleased with the bathursts, shame they only look good when they're clean, really do show the dirt, but atleast I don't have to polish them. :lol:

U have great Lupo. May I ask the product number of that original radio? I dont trust that VW shop give right if I show pics and name. I like to know are there other models (original) what will fit? This topic is very intresting :)

Thanks. B)

I would look out on eBay, MFD version G sat nav.

IMG_1523e.jpg

Edit: Should say I raised all the suspension up.

Got all the pins, springs and shims to go on the Porsche calipers, ordered Pagid RS4-2-1 carbon pads, Dave Brown over on UKMK4's has been really helpful with parts and info. Just need some brackets and hoses now. :)

Edited by 99hjhm

james could you tell me where you got the ARB link bushes from, or the partnumbers.

PM Awesome Al, he will sort you out, best prices too.

Also ment to add, going to try and get a H&R front antiroll bar, all the other stuff really shows up front corner dive when hard cornering. :blush:

Edited by 99hjhm

PM Awesome Al, he will sort you out, best prices too.

Also ment to add, going to try and get a H&R front antiroll bar, all the other stuff really shows up front corner give when hard cornering.

ok cheers!

those h&r ARB's are quite abit of dollar arnt they?

ok cheers!

those h&r ARB's are quite abit of dollar arnt they?

Yeah, probably why nobody has ever fitted one in this country, really popular in germany.

Also....Found some stub axle spacers for the rear beam that should mean I can do away with the mass of wheel spacers that can't be doing the wheel bearings anygood.

Edited by 99hjhm