flood!

lupolouie

the rain so bad were i am at the min! the whole town floodid nearly lost ma lupo!a was realy nipped! :(

any one else havin problems?

I have just seen Morpeth on the local news!

Both my garages are bloody flooded out...... Well peeeeed off!!!!!!! Have had to lift everything off the floor that we can.

Hope it does not get to bad for you up there

the rain is being blown in all directions, and i have 3 leaks around my dorma that i cant get to until the weather dries. :(

Its mental here like! I was meant to meet Kam and the road i was on flooded, i was stationary for 2 hours! The police took the central reservation apart so we could do a 'u' turn. My grannies house has got 2 inches of water in it and its about 2ft from road level so you can imagine what the street is like.

I have never seen Newcastle and the surrounding areas like this, crazy ****!

i know it cant be good for it but i havent got much of a choice - the lupo can officially make it through a flooded lane 1ft odd deep and survive lol, though it was going to float away at one point because steering was non-existent but there we go :lol:

Quick...get out there with a hairdryer! :lol:

i actually washed all the mud and slime off when i got home and (sad i know) then took a towel outside and dried what i could lol, think i got most of the bits that shouldnt be wet ^_^

will be driving as far as the pub car park tomorrow without hitting the floods then cadge a lift off one of my mates with a 4x4 or get a taxi ;) dont want a rusty loop!

Edited by elliecjno1

Well the whole of Cramlington is flooded, its never happened in the 32 years my dad has lived here. Tryed to get out earlier and it took 20 mins to get to Bedlington. Then took 40 mins to get back in. I stopped and video'd the river Blyth at Hartford, i'll post them up later. I was supposed to be going accross to Carlisle tonight to stay at Matt's but the A69 is closed, also the A1 between Morpeth and Alnwick is closed. 2 miles down the road is Dudley which as far as im aware has never flooded, tonight its under around 2-3 feet of brown pooy water. Nice!

All last year I watched the news thinking thank god I dont live on a flood plane, now places that have never flooded before are under, but I still live on a fairly big hill. So pleased my cars not going to get ****ed.

i know it cant be good for it but i havent got much of a choice - the lupo can officially make it through a flooded lane 1ft odd deep and survive lol, though it was going to float away at one point because steering was non-existent but there we go :lol:

The main thing to watch when going trhough floods is your air intake ... You really dont want water getting in there!

Not sure where it is on the GTi though, its in the wheel arch on the TDI so thats fine.

Really? It's been nice all day here, not a spot of rain.

There's a huge puddle on the golf course behind my house, so I wonder if you got what we had during the night.

Phil, you must have got up late! Was pouring down this morning, well early morning. Other wise yeah its been really warm! No flooding at all round here, few fields flooded off the A19, but nothing much.

So, there is an advantage of living in Hartlepool after all :huh:

Youtube Video ->
Original Video

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Edited by foxy

Phil, you must have got up late!

:lol:

Yeah, I did! I know it was lashing down all last night, and there's a massive puddle in my garage but that always happens because it's gay.

Maybe this means you northern folk will get a break from the rain tomorrow though... :)

She got a little damp. I left it on the pub car park for about an hour; came back to this! The water rose a little more but there was nothing I could do, just had to leave it. Insurance assessor is veiwing it today and will probably write it off. Although I love this car, I'm just glad it wasn't the vx.

During the bad weather last summer I got stuck at work, one of the car transporter drivers that worked for us put the Lupo on the back of the truck and carried it to through the floods and past all the drowned cars left me feeling very smug. Spent the next few weeks check any cars that arrived at work for evidence of flood damage on behalf of one of the customers. She wrote off thousands of pounds worth of cars simply because there were a little moist!