Occupation's

Paul R

What's a Special? A policeman that doesn't get paid!

:lol:

Well, they get paid a little bit. They just do it part time.

Sorry, didnt make it clear :)

i mean't what you do ;)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO mitch, Yeah futura 2000 was dope definately had sonthing different. Seen was dope too. But the whole ney york subway stuff has never been a favourite of mine. i prefer europian stuff my self for the exeption of MSK from l.a. but now alot of english people are in msk now makes it a whole lot better.

I work 3 part time jobs whilst studying Sports and Exercise at uni

Petrol Pump Assistant

Barman

Football coach

Got to pay the bills some how, my weeks can be extremly full, the best days are some saturdays when i have to work all 3 jobs, coaching in the morning, then to the petrol station and finally the pub at night. I also have to try and squeeze two football teams one of which trains twice a week and my other half fits in wherever she can.

Ah, I don't really know. :wacko:

Something to do with pressure gauges and flowmeters and stuff like that.

I do that as one of my coruse modules - 2 hours a week is bad enough, never mind full time :lol:. There are plenty of well-paid jobs at the end of it though Phil!

I am in my 4th year of an advanced apprenticeship in the chemical industry. I work as a Production Technician on a chemical plant.

to picola. Go on flickr.com ant the serch people type in upstart sinstars thats me. xx ps not many tattoos as i havent got them on camera yet but i know then who have got them and ill post em up.

Cool pics. Like the Schnauzers beard too lol

Ah, I don't really know. :wacko:

Something to do with pressure gauges and flowmeters and stuff like that.

LOL

ahh right :) sounds rahter technical ;)

do you like it then? :P

• 1 month later...
I think they just reclaim travel expenses and meal expenses. No idea how much that comes to though

There's no way in a million years I'd be a Special! They put up with all the grief (minus paperwork) that we do but get little or no financial compensation for doing it.

I think they just reclaim travel expenses and meal expenses. No idea how much that comes to though

They do get paid a certain amount but its a pittance - something like £6 per shift or something daft like that. Oh and an allowance each year for boots (like £40 or something)

When I worked in a poice control room there was a major brawl in a city centre kebab joint. All local city units were in attendance which meant loads of bobbies involved. At 2am when it was all over I questioned that there were 2 Specials still not signed off and not answering their radios. No other patrol knew where they were.

Control Room Sgt said that I should book them off as they probably forgot to book off in the excitement.

0530 the radio burst into life. Specail no 1 reporting that the 2 of them were now clear of Accident & Emergency after getting stitched up after being punched and kicked and generally mauled in the the melee and could they get a pick up.

Oops! Gratitude for you!

I'd never be a special... ever. All the stuff a regular PC has to put up with, without the 30k(ish) a year salary? No thanks!

I'm very tempted to be a plastic PC though. Good pay for doing sod all! The uniform isn't very flattering though.

I think i may have the longest title in the company :lol:

I work full time for Renishaw PLC, my title is "Trainee Group Service Centre Co-ordinator"

And they pay for me to go to UWE Bristol, doing a part time BA Honours Business degree. (No Uni Debt :shades: )

When I finish my first level, Trainee will be removed (£+) and after my second year I'll be a manger (£+ :P )

It's hard work though, the balance of full time and part time

Sam