Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

This car has got to be the cleanest gti on club lupo if not in the Uk. It crazily clean.........probably cleaner than when it rolled out the factory...really looking forward to seeing this at UD, probably the car i want to see the most :thumbup: i take its inside yes ?

This car has got to be the cleanest gti on club lupo if not in the Uk. It crazily clean.........probably cleaner than when it rolled out the factory...really looking forward to seeing this at UD, probably the car i want to see the most :thumbup: i take its inside yes ?

Thank you very much, i've seen a few cleaner examples. But the majority have had the engine removed to clean, mine ive had to clean around the engine in place. I have battered hands to prove lol! Yes it is inside at UD :clap:

Just read most of this topic.. Mental.

So much time and effort into this car! Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fan of it, look forward to seeing it at UD :yes:

..... Not long left!

Just read most of this topic.. Mental.

So much time and effort into this car! Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fan of it, look forward to seeing it at UD :yes:

..... Not long left!

lol i know :( lots still to do, see you at UD dude

Ok so the run up to UD 2012 was pretty stressful and manic. I'd been let down by a company meant obe plating some induction piping and other engine parts. I cut my losses and went to pick them up, they were exactly as I'd left them on the floor in the unit, absolute idiots!

So Thursday night myself and 12yan set about polishing them up with our amazing metal polishing bench :) me concentrating on not ripping my fingers off lol

IMG_1077.jpg

Spent all night polishing the parts and fitting them, refit the headlights, side lights, crash bar, arch liners and front bumper. Was finished by about 1am.

Friday was MOT day, I was up about 7am to get the car out the garage, had to raise the coilovers to avoid any damage whilst having the MOT. Was hoping on just washing the car and quickly giving it a wax.

No such luck the paint was ****ed, rougher than my stubbly chin! So Frdiay afternoon was spent claying the hole car, and giving it 3 coats of lime prime pre wax cleanser. Didn't get any photos as i was in a big rush.

Saturday morning was an early one again, gave the car a coat of Chem Guy EZ Glaze and then two ocats of AG HD Wax. Was pelased with the results to be fair. Also lowered the front coilovers and washed the insides of the wheels.

Picked this up Saturday morning, freshly painted bonnet catch.. the final piece to my lupo puzzle!

IMG_1089.jpg

Ready for UD 2012 :D

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

Had a great weekend, was great to see everyone and catch up. Some awesome cars, and lovely people. To top off my weekend I came home with this...

IMG_1094.jpg

Runner Up Best Lupo class :D :D :D :D

stunning alex should of been first in my eyes but im sure theyll be plenty more shows and a first place next time

Well done dude, didnt get a chance to speak to you!

Car looked out standing in there! Who won best lupo?! I missed all the results.

But the main question, What tyre foam/gel are you using?!?!

Congrats dude, looked amazing yesterday :thumbup:

Thanks Koop

Well done mate :) Well deserved!

Thanks Tom, your looked really good mate, I had a good look around it with my mate, its come up really well. Bet your pleased.

Looked mega dude.

Cheers Piers

Well done! Glad all the hard work paid off.

Thanks Ray :)

Congratulations Alex. A just reward for all your efforts and endeavours :)

Haha thanks Joti

i looked around your car for ages, it looked the tits. interior looked mint, engine looked sick, overall locked mega :thumbup:

Cheers dude, thanks fo nice comments :D

stunning alex should of been first in my eyes but im sure theyll be plenty more shows and a first place next time

Thanks Karl, i was suprised to be placed to be honest mate. There were some awesome lupos there.

Well done dude, didnt get a chance to speak to you!

Car looked out standing in there! Who won best lupo?! I missed all the results.

But the main question, What tyre foam/gel are you using?!?!

Best Lupo went to 12yan, very well deserved too his car is mint and he helped me out alot on the week running up to UD. And the answer to your question is Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel, its as sticky as **** but lasts a long time and looks great. I also recommend Megs tyre gel aswell.

Alex

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/chemical-guys-new-look-trim-gel/prod_143.html

I have to be honest and say that I have just read thru the last few pages of this thread, but, WOW!!! I dream of my GTI being this clean, but unfortunately, its a long way off being even an 8th as clean! Totally deserved trophy, wish I had been there now to see it in the flesh!

Well mate, the gti blew me away as usual, an absolutly incredible attention to detail and standard that you prepared your car too mate. Love it what more can I say, shame ii didn't bump into you for a catch up though.