Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

Cant be as bad as me last year. Had the car still in paint on the Friday, had to rebuild it, detail, tax, MOT and insure in time for the Saturday. I vowed this year I'd be prepared. Hence im making the most of my sundays when my mrs is at work :yes:

I'm frankly in awe of the patience & attention to detail that goes into this Lupo. Really hope I can make it to UD there's a few I look forward to seeing.

I'm frankly in awe of the patience & attention to detail that goes into this Lupo. Really hope I can make it to UD there's a few I look forward to seeing.

Thats very much :) i love the little touches that people dont notice at a first glance. Thanks for the nice comment dude, hopefully see you at UD's

Alex

Not really done much this weekend, been trying to remove the bottom bolt from the exhaust manifold cover so I could get the cover off. What a nightmare. It was rusted solid and the head was pretty much rounded off. Spent an hour with my dad with every tool we could think of, ended up hacksawing the bolt head off.. victory :D

IMG_0968.jpg

Also gave the bumper reinforcers and brackets a quick coat of gloss black, still need a final coat but they look quite good for a garage paint job :)

IMG_1008.jpg

Pretty much it for now, Alex

Edited by fatttty

looking bloody good mate, deffo alot of little details.... but thats what makes a car i think, when someone has a look round but then comes back and notices something they didnt before

looking bloody good mate, deffo alot of little details.... but thats what makes a car i think, when someone has a look round but then comes back and notices something they didnt before

Cheers dude, I'm with you. I love the little touches that people dont notice at first glance. More to come in the next two weeks :)

Ok, so made some more progress this weekend. Stripped my brake calipers and painted the caliper and carriers, didnt take any photos though. Started putting the front of the car back on. Reconnected the aircon piping, mounted the bumper reinforncer and brackets and also got the main headlights in place.

IMG_1034.jpg

Started changing most of the smaller bolts in the engine bay to chromed ones-

IMG_1033.jpg

Fitted an Audi R8 coolant cap that James (99hjhm) had modified to fit the standard Lupo bottle, looks ace and works well with the R8 oil cap-

IMG_1031.jpg

OEM slam panel stickers = WIN :)

IMG_1035.jpg

And finally, brought a brand new exhaust heat shield from VW, drilled out the pop rivets and removed the bracket from the bottom and the top as I have something planned.. watch this space-

IMG_1039.jpg

Thats all for now folks. Alex

Clean... and a new present has arrived :coffee:

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

slimline induction kit to fit where the carbon canister sits?