Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

• 1 month later...

Had nice young lady come to view the loop yesterday. The sale couldn't have gone better, she was a very genuine buyer and car enthusiast and having been blow away by the condition of the car offered me the fully asking price with no haggling, which was lovely as it made it all worth while and made selling him a lot easier.

Just in the process of removing the private plate, got an ABS sensor to fix before he goes and then hes off to his new home. He's staying quite local around the Stoke-on-Trent area so hopefully will see him knocking around :)

On to the new car hunt now :)

Over and out!

Alex (Fatttty)

Ooh Stoke's not far from me hopefully I'll see him knocking around :thumbsup:

Been looking at a Ford :paperbag: lol

Not sure yet to be honest. I want some rare and special, I'm quite funny with my car choices :)

I'll be still on here, whether I drive something VAG or not!

Great news with the sale alex! glad you got your asking price. im sure its new home will look after it :)

Best of luck with whatever car you do decide to get and i hope you keep us updated with a build thread ;) im sure you will get something special again and regardless of if its VAG or not im sure everyone else would like to see what you get and do to it.

Piers

Been looking at a Ford :paperbag: lol

Not sure yet to be honest. I want some rare and special, I'm quite funny with my car choices :)

I'll be still on here, whether I drive something VAG or not!

fiesta zetec s ;)

I'm with you on that one Alex! Nice to have something a bit different....

Do keep us posted ;)

fiesta zetec s ;)

Already been there and done that, MK5 mind. I do love my fords but the rust problem has always annoyed me. I'm going to view a Ford Racing Puma hopefully, always wanted one even before I had the Lupo. Test drove one last year (when the lupo was previously for sale) and fell in love.

Very rare and reknowned car for handling, not the quickest but a very special car. Only 500 ever made :)

I'll keep you guys updated with whatever I decide to get!

I'm with you on that one Alex! Nice to have something a bit different....

Do keep us posted ;)

Thanks Joti :) I've always liked rare and unusual cars. One of the reasons I chose the GTI :)

Thanks Joti :) I've always liked rare and unusual cars. One of the reasons I chose the GTI :)

Yep me too, and even Supras are a fairly rare sight on the road these days too ;)

Already been there and done that, MK5 mind. I do love my fords but the rust problem has always annoyed me. I'm going to view a Ford Racing Puma hopefully, always wanted one even before I had the Lupo. Test drove one last year (when the lupo was previously for sale) and fell in love.

Very rare and reknowned car for handling, not the quickest but a very special car. Only 500 ever made :)

Nice! I looked at the FRP before I bought my 330d. I desperately wanted one but all the owners reviews I'd read said they were spending a lot in maintenance. Not a problem so much if its your toy but it didn't suit as my daily. I'd still love one though.

Nice! I looked at the FRP before I bought my 330d. I desperately wanted one but all the owners reviews I'd read said they were spending a lot in maintenance. Not a problem so much if its your toy but it didn't suit as my daily. I'd still love one though.

Thats right Huw, the alcon 4 pot brakes need blowing out every few thousand miles as they are rally spec and dont have dust seals. Other than the brakes they seem to be quite reliable overall. It would only be a weekend toy really so hopefully wouldn't be too much bother.

The one i want to view has had a full bare metal respray inside and out work carried out by the owner (panel beater at Ford), all the usual rot problems sorted along with correctly sealing where the sill meets the rear arches (something Tickford failed to do correctly) completely under sealed, powder coated rear beam, wish bones, polybushed etc etc.

Sounds promising :D

Alex

yer i spend my time alot round fords, and they're a bugger for rust, but theres not many cars you can fix with just a spanner :P and my sisters wanting a puma they're nice but once more wheel arches, and under skirts ... rust :P

Car was collected on Sunday evening, replaced the ABS sensor before it left. Just waiting on the paperwork to come through for remving my private plate. The new car hunt commences :D

Alex