Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

Small update, removed my front dics and painted the vented edges and facing edge to prevent them rusting.

Masked up ready for paint-

IMG_1045.jpg

Painted :)

IMG_1046.jpg

Should have the brakes and wheels back on tonight, then just waiting on some parts and can finish putting it back together :)

Alex

gets better every time i check this thread lol!! love it Alex...

Any plans for it this year? i know you were selling it and i presume you kept it (which is good to see)

gets better every time i check this thread lol!! love it Alex...

Any plans for it this year? i know you were selling it and i presume you kept it (which is good to see)

thanks piers, means a lot :)

erm im actually planning on advertising it for sale at UD this year, deep down i dont want to sell it but I have other commitments with my house and work so i really need to let it go. I may end up keeping for the summer though. As for plans nothing concrete, mainly keeping it clean and doing the little niggly things like the ive done with the discs.

Alex

thanks piers, means a lot :)

erm im actually planning on advertising it for sale at UD this year, deep down i dont want to sell it but I have other commitments with my house and work so i really need to let it go. I may end up keeping for the summer though. As for plans nothing concrete, mainly keeping it clean and doing the little niggly things like the ive done with the discs.

Alex

I cant fault you mate... i was selling mine and then changed my mind and have since commited to spending a fortune on it lol!! :)

it will be a shame to see it go but that time must come for us all...

you shouldnt struggle selling it either... its a great example.

I think every one whos going to UD, take 5mins out to look at all Alexs hard work this winter :thumbup:

Cant wait to see it back again

Ryan

I think every one whos going to UD, take 5mins out to look at all Alexs hard work this winter :thumbup:

Cant wait to see it back again

Ryan

Big thanks for all your help the past few months Ry :D hopefully everything will be finished and in place for UDs

Picked up my rear seats on Saturday, I had the backs covered in a grey carpet material to match the boot florring, tidied them up no end as the metal backs were scratched to buggery...

IMG_1054.jpg

ACP'd the head lights and sidelights, machine polished the faces and dressed the plastics...

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

Put my upper and lower bumper parts together and also refitted the LCR splitter, ready and waiting in my mom and dads living room to be fitted lol!

IMG_1055.jpg

Also fitted my new battery as the original is ruined from lack of use, ACP'd and dressed my arch liners and dressed all the engine bay plastics. Its going to be a long week with lots of late nights, swearing and pacing the office at work waiting for phone calls from people with my parts.

Alex

This car makes me very happy... :yes:

Once again mate, gone above and beyond with detail... seats look brilliant carpeted at the back :) Im going to be getting mine done as part of the big reveal :) just to make it look a bit better :)

Looking great mate looking forward to seeing this in the metal as it were

Picked up my rear seats on Saturday, I had the backs covered in a grey carpet material to match the boot florring, tidied them up no end as the metal backs were scratched to buggery...

IMG_1054.jpg

Love this Alex, was it a lot to get done, or do you know how it's done?

Can't wait to see this at the weekend :)

You've put in so much hard work and it really does show ^_^

Thanks amber :D

Joe i brought the material from James on here when he had some spare. I paid about £5 for the material as £30 for paul @ premier to trim it and glue in place. It can be done DIY but I was scared about removing the seat material and getting glue on the leather.

Thanks amber :D

Joe i brought the material from James on here when he had some spare. I paid about £5 for the material as £30 for paul @ premier to trim it and glue in place. It can be done DIY but I was scared about removing the seat material and getting glue on the leather.

Okay nice one, thank you :)

Rear seats and interior in...

IMG_1065.jpg

Picked up my gloss black cam cover and also my nickel plated engine mount bolts...

IMG_1064.jpg

Lots more to do still. That's all for now folks.

Alex

Cant wait to have a good close inspection on your car Alex ;) I hope the judges do the same and see how much time and effort has been put into it! Keep up the excellent work! :D

im gonna keep my bonnet down around this

lol :D

haha probably wise it's ridiculous isnit :lol:

It should be even better when some new parts finally get back to me. UD is getting really close and im running out of time :(