Corsa VXR

Putney

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corsa VXR 888 will be an absolute monster, cant get over the horrid Maccy D's car park looks of the VXR though, as said above.

I'm happy with my Polo GTI. Its a decent handling car now its got coilovers, next will be a remap then it should keep up with Golf GTI's and the like in a straight line easily.

The VXR is a good car but it makes me THINK MAC DONALDS, MAX POWER, HALFORDS, BUBURRY put them altogether what you get CHAV! :glare:

So far I've only seen VXR's driven by reasonably respectable looking people, I think at the moment (until used examples start filtering through in the next year or so) they are still out of reach of most McDonalds car park dwellers. :)

Me too, my favourate car this year.

ust couldnt fit the wife and kid in :lol:

You'd be surprised mate, the space is used very economically in them. Still not a family car but I like the idea of the rear seats moving back and forth to give more leg room or more boot space.

I can vouch for the Megane 225s being good fun. not a raw hot hatch but the torque never fails to make me smile. Although on paper they perform similarly to the Focus ST, Astra VXR etc but in real life they are more useable. The ST has torque limiters in 1st and 2nd which makes it noticeably slower off the line! Strange but true.

Mk7 Polo GTi for me, after driving one I really liked it. The engine has massive potential as well, could be pushing 300bhp for very little extra money.

Corsa VXR looks OTT and chavvy.

The Renault... no thanks. :)

If people are wanting little and cheap hot hatches, then there's little to go at. None are HOT with around 100hp to play with. You have to go up to Corsa/Ibiza/Clio size (and beyond) and then pay the extra wedge accordingly.

Get a used Fabia/Ibiza/Polo PD130 and get it remapped! I drove the Ibiza yesterday for the first time since it was done three weeks ago and found it astonishing (in comparison to how it was before). Never mind the quality, feel the width.

Mk7 Polo GTi for me, after driving one I really liked it. The engine has massive potential as well, could be pushing 300bhp for very little extra money.

Corsa VXR looks OTT and chavvy.

The Renault... no thanks. :)

What's wrong with looking chavvy? A hot hatch should get you looking and talking, like we are now.

300bhp from a 150bhp Polo (£15000+ for the car plus the upgrades) isn't going to be 'very little extra money'. How strong is that 5-speed box? and the dynamics are poor in compariso to the more modern (and as cheap) competitors.

Used K04 turbo setup plus re-map can be bought for less than a grand. That's around 280bhp when done.

Never heard of the gearbox being a massive issue on 20vt powered cars, even ones with 300bhp+

Used Mk7 Polo GTis can be picked up for reasonable money... well, under 12k.

Although if it was my money i'd buy a used Audi S3.

The debate about can a car with 100HP be hot is one that could run and run. Personally I think it can as its more than just BHP, its about character and probably mostly influenced by marketing than anything else.

On the looks of the Vauxhall, I think there is room in the market for loud garish hot hatches, and also room for quite subtle toned down ones, its one of the reasons why I think at the moment we have it better than ever.

Im a fan of the clio 197, just think it looks like an absolutely brilliant little car, would love one in the redish orange. I quite like the fact you have to rev it to, makes it more fun!

Looking forward to the new Punto abrath though as that looks brill and early reviews have been very positive. The 500 abrath will get my vote though, that just looks like it will be an absolute barrel of laughs to drive.

The brand new ibiza FR sports coupe (3door) could be a very nice car when that arrives next year too (rumour has it, that it is the 1.4 tsi with 200bhp)

Plenty to look forward to.

see i like the 197 very much but it needs a spoiler over standard the back looks a bit bubble-ish.

i couldnt afford the r27, i cant see that they have many extras over a well kitted 197 but that yellow is sooo nice

but what about renault build quiality, going from a vw to a renault?

see i like the 197 very much but it needs a spoiler over standard the back looks a bit bubble-ish.

i couldnt afford the r27, i cant see that they have many extras over a well kitted 197 but that yellow is sooo nice

but what about renault build quiality, going from a vw to a renault?

I'd have a standard 197 with the cup suspension to be honest over an r27. The optional spoiler looks a bit poo really (see msn cars long term report), much prefer the cleaness of leaving the rear sans spoiler.

The Recaro's on the R27 make it worth it over the standard 197 alone, coupled with the Cup suspension I'd say it was a great buy when new and even better now, there are plenty on Pistonheads classifieds for very reasonable money.

I'm not convinced about the optional spoiler, on a white cup with black wheels it sort of works, not so sure about other colours. Never actually seen a 197 in the metal with one fitted though, so it might look smart in real life.

Corsa VXR - good car but will probably depreciate quicker than its rivals, putting it within the reach of your upwardly-mobile chav in a year or so. I've never forgiven Vauxhall for the original Vectra or Corsa anyway.

Clio 197 - really like the looks and Renault's build quality has improved (it had to) but I'm a Francophobe and coudn't bring myself to buy a French car.

Fiesta ST - like it but its dated in comparison with the competition.

Coopers S - definitely pick of the bunch but expensive (holds its value though) and too common.

Polo GTi - came close to buying one of these at the beginning of the year but decided to keep the Lupo - like the looks but can't touch the VXR or 197 for a blast behind the wheel.

if the 197 handles anything like my mates 172 itll be awesome, the 172 is a proper hooligans car i think lol, look awesome too.

corsa vxr - first impressions i actually liked the looks of it quite alot BUT its twitchy as f*ck to drive, cant be dealing with that so id never have one. some people think of that as fun but i wouldnt want a car thats constantly trying to catch you out over about 50mph which is the impression i got. so no.

looking forward to punto grande abarth like someones said above, look really good and reviews so far good too, was going to hang on until they came out and maybe get one of them but of course, then the lupo caught my eye . . . . :D

As a slower alternative, I'm quite a fan of the RenaultSport Twingo too.

I agree, good looking car. the small hatches from the other manufacturers are looking a bit too similar at the moment imo

car_photo_210861_7.jpg

Edited by Kam Racing

I agree, good looking car. the small hatches from the other manufacturers are looking a bit too similar at the moment imo

car_photo_210861_7.jpg

That was the concept

the twingo looks poop now i think!