Corsa VXR

Putney

That was the concept

the twingo looks poop now i think!

It was never going to take the concepts exact lines, but I thought the end result was pretty decent...

1204745308_renaulttwingosport_2.jpg

Should be a cracking little car, that against the 500 Abarth should be an excellent little group test.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so this is not the twingo sport i have seen on the road then?

That looks cute...

Corsa is disgusting. It looks totally forced and the huge grille/headlamps just look silly. I like the Clio a lot and the interior is very well built too. Current Polo GTI with Cup kit is a real looker. 500 Abarth = just ace, I want one now

Edited by Mouse_GTI

Your probably thinking of the GT, which is out now...

twingo27.jpg

yeah thats the one i thought we were talking about....

So whats the new twingo going to be called and what BHP?

I sort of remember the Twingo GT still being a 1.2, but with 120bhp.

Then there's the Twingo RS (below) that supposedly has a 131hp 1.6 unit and other mods to suit according to the press blurb

car_photo_241668_25.jpg

Funny how the base 'Extreme' model now costs less than £8k. That's still a lot of wedge for something that's not as good as the 500 and not as good as its earlier incarnation.

i was also tempted with the new mini cooper D which has joined the £35 year tax :lol:

Im sorry, this thread is about warm/hot hatch backs.

Oil burners can not be classed in this catagory.

Im sorry, this thread is about warm/hot hatch backs.

Oil burners can not be classed in this catagory.

The Cooper D will probably be replacing our Panda in a couple of years. Decent little hatch. :o

It could be with a torquier engine, although the Hot Chocolate Clubman Cooper D we had at work a couple of weeks ago was a bit tight. Sturdy build though, the brakes were fairly redundant over the tops due to the confidence it gave you through the bends ^_^ Not cheap though, but then again, it's just not comparable with a 500 or Twingo.

Nah i didn't take it the wrong way but it started out talking about a corsa vxr which is a small hatch and went to a megane 225, i was just adding my bit :)

I would class the mini cooper d as a hatch... is that wrong? :lol:

Not saying its a rubbish car, but is it a B-Road blaster?

:rolleyes:

Annoyingly I can't chip in here and say yes as I haven't driven a D, just the standard Cooper and Cooper S. I'd say its probably pretty good, so long as you can ignore the engine. :)

I dislike Diesels and any type of turbo's - I've yet to drive a turbo that doesn't feel 'artificial', if that makes sense. I know you can get anti-lag etc, but it just doesn't work for me. Then there's the turbo 'image', the fact that all the kids think that turbo's are the be-all and end-all of performance, and any car with the turbo iz da best, innit.

After the zing of the Elise, revving an ITR to 9k or enjoying the sonoricity of a big V6, weedy turbo's just feel shit.

And while I'm on my box:

The Corsa just looks foul - trying too hard, plus it'll be the target of all the Max Power boys. You can remap it for silly power! It must be better than every other car!!!111!!!1

I like the Clio 197, fairly subtle styling, good credentials.

Polo GTi - eurgh. Proportions are wrong.

Cooper S - hey, look at me, I'm individual who prides myself on being different...

Panda 100HP - loving it. Good effort all round, great styling a definately diffent.

Twingo - undecided.

I like the cooper works....

Good build quality and good handling....

Not a fan of the Panda.. not enough power for me...

I wouldn't consider any thing with less than 160bhp to be a hot hatch these days if i was buying for me... for the mrs i want something fun and funky for when i jump in it.. i would have no problem jumping into the corsa....

The Seat Leon Cupra floats my boat

The Corsa VXR has a silly amount of torque for FWD car that size which would be pretty fun, but its ugly tall and has a silly side window profile, S3 is probably most peoples top hot hatch however the price tag reflects it, Clio R27 is a nice looking car no doubt, and safe however build quality is questionable.

not alot of real gritty 'drivers' hot hatches on the market atm like 2005 civic type-r

Its interesting that nobody, I think, has mentioned the latest Civic Type R at all.

On paper its seems great, 20k gets you a fully specced one, I think it looks pretty good (although thats pretty personal) and its presumably well built. I quite like the wacky dash too, nice comfy steering wheel and decent seats.

However all the magazine reviews are borderline terrible, with the exception of Performance Car and select Autocar staffers who like their long term cars. Would be curious to see what they are like, never drove the old one either.

I'm throwing the AX GT (not GTi) and 106 Gti/Saxo VTS into the mix here. All cheap, all flimsy, all ****mobiles, but crucially all entertaining.

Edited by IDGM