Amber's Lupo - Updates - 15/08/2010

Amber

• 1 month later...

i love the black and yellow contrast and i vote for keeping the side strips on.. as much as i like my beef tape nice tidy side strips or even smooth paint would be better

besides i like the contrast again of the strips on the yellow

Looking good Amber.

I like the textured side strips and mirror covers, breaks the car up well, and works well with the yellow.

Does need dropped though ;)

quick update:

got new hu and changer in - just put the storage tray thing in for now so my ipod can go in it but I'm still on the lookout for a din cupholder/cointray unit:

huandpolo011.jpg

we put the changer on the back of the seat so we can still use the boot space and it's hidden once the parcel shelf is down:

huandpolo013.jpg

huandpolo014.jpg

also got round to colour coding my badge - been wanting to do it for ages but hasn't been the weather. I was planning to spray the chrome bit black but I want to leave the 'lupo' badge on the rear and thats chrome so thought i'd leave it.

we also didnt have any black paint :rolleyes:

badgeandhe008.jpg

I'll get a picture up once it's on :)

Very tidy little car. I really like the yellow and chrome rear badge.

Yellow ones are best ;)

thanks Liam

yeah :) yellow ftw

Pop to your local SEAT dealer, a new unit is only £14 :)

oh cool :)

thanks!

cool, hows the driving going

it's going good :)

got my second lesson on saturday. managed not to stall or crash on my first one so I guess thats a good start

drove about 11 miles on my first one but hopefully i'll get a bit further on my second!

the yellow badge is an awesome idea

i was thinking of doing my VW ring black and the background yellow nice touch

I started by taking the whole badge off - prised it gently with a flat bit of plastic

then I asked dad to drill out the rivets that hold the black backing and the chrome together -if you're gonna do this i's use an electric drill and go slowly so you dont drill through the chrome :wacko:

then pulled them apart.

Started off by washing and drying the black backing, then used 800 wet and dry to smooth it off, then moved onto 1200 just to get it super smooth. gave it a wipe with some meths to keep it clean and then gave it about 4 coats of plastic primer, and then about 5 of the yellow. couple of coats of laquer and I just stuck it all back together with some resin (I got that from work but superglue should do it) then used double sided sticky tape (which is all that was holding it on) to stick it back into the recess in the boot

:)

the yellow badge is an awesome idea

i was thinking of doing my VW ring black and the background yellow nice touch

that'd look wicked :)

I did wanna do that but I want to keep the chrome lupo badge on for now so I thought it'd look odd with one badge chrome and one black.

i just used a drill bit with my hand to undo the plastic rivets, sharp dril n soft plastic + easy peasy

might redo mine silver at a later date or some other random colour i just like painting random **** ha

does look good in th eyellow tho must admit, really blends nice job