Amber's Lupo - Updates - 15/08/2010

Amber

in the third and fourth pictures, the car looks like a toy lol. Looks really nice, could maybe loose the bumpstrips, think its a bit too much black, only my opinion though. well done

Edited by mike89

Hmmm thanks for the shoe :huh: haha

I'm leaving the bump strips for now as where I had the rear quarter blended it'll be a different colour underneath as the bumpstrips were masked round. I quite like how they tie in with the wheels and bumpers anyways

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys :)

I've got a Cupra R splitter coming on sunday :D

Edited by Amber

Very smart car :)

what are the springs like? cause i am in two minds whether just to settle with springs or actually fork out for coilovers?

I was the same :) mine are apex and only -40mm but I think they've settled slightly lower than 40. They're a bit bouncier than standard suspension but not unbearably so. It's a bit more fun around corners too :D I went for 40mm due to really uneven roads with bad potholes and speedbumps in town. I can't really vouch for coilovers as i've never had them but I'm sure everyone will tell you they're better to get :)

The springs only cost me £80 new from ebay, and we've fitted them to standard shocks for now, I'm really happy with the ride quality - it really is a hell of a lot better than I'd expected, but I think if you're planning to go lower coilovers will probably be a better bet, as springs might be a bit harsh

I was the same :) mine are apex and only -40mm but I think they've settled slightly lower than 40. They're a bit bouncier than standard suspension but not unbearably so. It's a bit more fun around corners too :D I went for 40mm due to really uneven roads with bad potholes and speedbumps in town. I can't really vouch for coilovers as i've never had them but I'm sure everyone will tell you they're better to get :)

The springs only cost me £80 new from ebay, and we've fitted them to standard shocks for now, I'm really happy with the ride quality - it really is a hell of a lot better than I'd expected, but I think if you're planning to go lower coilovers will probably be a better bet, as springs might be a bit harsh

cheers amber :)

Is the ride stiff and hard with springs or not? cause with the parents having always fast sporty cars i have been used to like a rough hard stiff ride, and i really want it back on my lupo :( as atm the car has done 55000 miles and its like being in a bloody bouncy castle going over bumps and round corners you feel like your going to fall over :(:P

Alex :)

cheers amber :)

Is the ride stiff and hard with springs or not? cause with the parents having always fast sporty cars i have been used to like a rough hard stiff ride, and i really want it back on my lupo :( as atm the car has done 55000 miles and its like being in a bloody bouncy castle going over bumps and round corners you feel like your going to fall over :(:P

Alex :)

The apex springs I have are more bouncy than stiff if i'm honest, but now it's dropped a little more you don't get the tipping over feeling round corners which is nice :)

The apex springs I have are more bouncy than stiff if i'm honest, but now it's dropped a little more you don't get the tipping over feeling round corners which is nice :)

Hmm :) i may look in to this further :)

Thanks amber :) Lovely car Btw ;)

Hmm :) i may look in to this further :)

Thanks amber :) Lovely car Btw ;)

No worries, i'd ask around on here a bit more and use search to find out what you can before you buy anything :P I'm no suspension expert. Lol. And thanks :D

Cars coming along nicely, incators look a bit orangey to me, clear bulbs are only like a fiver off the bay an make such a big difference. :) And Alex im on apex springs and shocks, the ride is very firm but quite bouncy on the B roads, these will be up for sale soon if your interested.

• 4 weeks later...

New headlight bulbs pics:

Before:

workandloop037.jpg

lala027.jpg

After:

lupolights008.jpg

LupoMultishotsandLights033-1.jpg

:) really happy with them. Think they look much smarter and I can see more! lol :D

couple of others:

LupoMultishotJPG-1.jpg

MeMultishootJPG-1.jpg

LupoDone1-1.jpg

LupoDone4-1.jpg

LupoDone5-1.jpg

LupoDone2-1.jpg