Argh! Can't Get Tyres!!!!

superstardjmatt

There are plenty of threads on the forum recently, have a search around. If i were in your position i wouldn't bother with the hassle of finding 205's, i'd just get 195/45/15's.

Just recived two toyo 205/45r15 from mytyres.co.uk.

Ordered them on thursday last week

96.98 for the pair

I ordered from mytyres yesterday. Do they take a week to deliver? Hope they are a little quicker than that mine are a bit touch and go if I get pulled

When I ordered my last set (Sept '05) they were super fast, it was a matter of a couple of days.

Just had an email from Toyo UK, it goes like this:

Dear Matt

I'm afraid it is true, they don't come into the country until 14th February, then it takes about a week to 10 days to get them into our warehouse. So they will probably be in stock here by about the 24th February. They have been delayed coming from Japan thats why you have had to wait.

I would advise speaking to your Toyo dealer & asking him to put some on back order for you, then you will know you will definitely get some when they do come back into stock.

Sorry for the delay!!!!

Kind regards

Jo Hall

Sales Support Administrator

That's not good news at all.

Matt have you tried mytyres? AFAIK they don't source them from the UK, they come from Germany.

yes mate, i rang em today and they said they haven't got any. I'm stuck!

And the insurance ppl wont take the car in for repair until it's road legal for some reason so basically, since that bumhole poured paintstripper on my car it's been off the road, 3 months now! What a joke and serious bad timing to need new tyres.

Ahhh, oh dear.

Well, Tigz did have some legal Dunlops recently, which would cover you. Could you not explain to the insurance co that theres a backorder on the tyres, might that work?

Well i'm hoping they might look at it that way. They say because their procedure requires a road test after the work has been done (or someone gets to hammer my car for 1/2 hour) they need the tyres to be road legal.

Maybe if i put it in writing that I don't want a road test to be done they'll take it in rant.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rant:" border="0" alt="rant.gif" />

Well i'm hoping they might look at it that way. They say because their procedure requires a road test after the work has been done (or someone gets to hammer my car for 1/2 hour) they need the tyres to be road legal.

Maybe if i put it in writing that I don't want a road test to be done they'll take it in rant.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rant:" border="0" alt="rant.gif" />

A road test for bodywork repairs? seems odd, id do that and say they carnt, whats the point, is it going to drive any differently huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

i ordered the toyo 205/45/15 about a month ago and had them after 5 days i think. did mytyres give a date for supply? or did they just say they dont have them in stock? they may still supply them in 7 days even if not in stock.

Edited by qually

If they wont do the repairs on your car until you have new tyres, i would just get some 195s mate, that is what im running, there is a wider choice available and they are cheaper too. Feck waiting for new 205s that are crap in the wet!

so i'll get away with having 195's on? Surely there's a slight safety issue having a smaller width tyre on the rim tho??? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Not at all, they'll give you an ever so slightly smaller rolling radius but thats about it. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

so i'll get away with having 195's on? Surely there's a slight safety issue having a smaller width tyre on the rim tho??? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Nah, it's perfectly safe. It's not like they're even particularly stretched. The tyre place I went to checked his little book and said that 195's are okay to go on 8's, and that's recommended legal rules. (Which means you can still safely have less on wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ), so you'll be fine with them on your 6.5's.

Lots of people run 195's on here on the Bathursts, cos 205's are so expensive or difficult to get.

from tyre manufacturer sources 195/45/15 is only permitted upto 7.5" rims.

there are a number of tyre calculators online and else where which give you a range of tyres that will fit, but they are incorrect. they say that 8" is permitted rim for 195, and they also say 6.5" is too narrow for a 205. but vw tand dunlop/toyo know otherwise.

its best to get the information for the tyre makers websites, toyo.co.uk give their info quite readily. and even reply to emails asking for the weight is of a certain tyre size/profile.

Edited by qually