Fireworks

bossjohnc

Fireworks  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

they would ban them on all days but november 5th but then you get into americans wanting them for the 4th of july, chineese for their new year etc. not practical to ban them on certain days or you'd offend some group or other.

here here, can we bring back proper discipline of the beating black and blue variety too. Never did us any harm and there are times when if they don't do as they are told kids need more than to be sent to their room or have less pocket money. Catch them early, be firm and decisive make no mean no and make sure they know right from wrong at an early age.

Kids deserve a crack (like him in the NSPCC ad playing football against the caravan) if they're arsing about causing damage or risk to others. Plans to up the age of criminal responsibility from 10 to 14 or 15 are not going to help matters either.

Only licenced firework 'operatives' should be able to buy fireworks from wholesalers. It's more difficult to buy a numberplate these days than a rocket. Fireworks (why do they never buy a roman candle?) going off in the street from now until Christmas is going to be so tedious.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even banning them isn't going to solve the problem, lots of non-kitemarked unaproved fireworks get into the country already.

A very valid point, and I suspect that this is the main reason that they've not been banned already.

e.g. - billie and bobby get married, want fireworks but need to save costs - so they don't pay someone with a licence to do the show, they get fred from the local, whose only source of fireworks is the black market. They end up burning the reception hall down because of defective fireworks.

Which one out of Billie and Bobby is the groom? Or is it a same sex marriage??

Which one out of Billie and Bobby is the groom? Or is it a same sex marriage??

What would sex matter if they're the same family? blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

ban public sale of them - end of

too many irresponsible idiots about these days, kids not being taught right from wrong, gangland culture and so on....

i have nothing against well organised displays, even paying to see them, as the money usually goes off to a good cause, people are kept at a safe distance etc....

What would sex matter if they're the same family? blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Quite a lot, sex (hetro or homo) with a member of your own family causes a different kind of fireworks all together. Marrying them doesn't make it any better.

I can hear those banjos already...

Ah, I didn't realise they were from the Isle of Wight!

i'll have whatever your taking ffs confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> whats darwin got to do with fire works??????

ban them or just ban any tracksuit rockport berghaus wearing combination looking chav from buying them.

darwin relates to the laws of natural selection. the law of nature was being discussed in relation to how people react to the issue of fireworks. we have evolved a society where we can control certain aspects of life through laws/voting/government etc, even though it could be right or wrong its a development within our species. if that development means we last longer on the planet than some tribes in the amazon jungle do then i guess that means somthing. but maybe we need to give a big crate of fireworks to these jungle tribes to see how it disturbs them. my feeling is whatever solution they come up with would be better than we as a democratic western society could ever achieve. i think i have lost a bit of the plot somewhere but honest i am not on drugs.

i think i have lost a bit of the plot somewhere but honest i am not on drugs.

Theres some funny posts of yours, but this is the best.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Nice on.

Edited by Tigz

have to agree that you wouldn't want the local low lifes playing with some of these http://www.partypacks.co.uk/list.asp?urx=c...;dt:FireworksSI thoguh a couple of titan rockets could be quite fun biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> in sencible adult hands of course lol

darwin relates to the laws of natural selection. the law of nature was being discussed in relation to how people react to the issue of fireworks. we have evolved a society where we can control certain aspects of life through laws/voting/government etc, even though it could be right or wrong its a development within our species. if that development means we last longer on the planet than some tribes in the amazon jungle do then i guess that means somthing. but maybe we need to give a big crate of fireworks to these jungle tribes to see how it disturbs them. my feeling is whatever solution they come up with would be better than we as a democratic western society could ever achieve. i think i have lost a bit of the plot somewhere but honest i am not on drugs.

thats all very well and good but your taking things a bit far.

for example we have gone from fireworks to.

1.development within our species.

2. laws of natural selection.

3.we "the species" lasting longer on this planet

4.some tribe in the amazon jungle.

5.democratic western society.

a simple vote and a small explanation would of been enough. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

thats true but i only reply once to a comment, if someone makes a reply to whatever i said i will respond to that and so on. so if you ignored me i would not of commented further. unless someone else discussed what i was talking about, which john did briefly but earlier. and i wouldnt have made this reply either to your responce of my responce to you saying it doesnt have much to do with fireworks.

if you respond to this you will be off topic.

i still havent touched any drugs.

in conclusion though simple answers are not that well considered unless backed up with some reason as to why they are said.

my reason was a bit abstract, but it was my genuine reason.

Edited by beach

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Organised displays only I say. There's too many idiots out there who think it's funny to point them at cars, houses, people, etc. It can also be quite distressing for pets too.

Fireworks going off in the street from now until Christmas is going to be so tedious.

Exactly. One or two nights isn't so bad but when it they are going off for weeks then they can be quite annoying.

I voted for keeping them available, because I have a soft spot for Mr FFawkes, if only he'd succeded... no Tony Bliar/Gordon Broon/Greenman/Ming the useless lording it over us like ancient feudal lords....

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread.

I don't think fireworks should be banned, but I do think tighter control is required over who can buy fireworks & in what circumstances they can be used.

John - was that at the cinema we went to last week? Amazed they got fireworks in actually, seeing as us girlies in the group had our bags searched on the way in last week...

(I got ID'd buying fireworks for my Dad's 60th birthday party a couple of months ago... blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />)

They should be sold to kids, and specifically kids only, BUT they should be made un-usable, unless inside small buildings designated for kids that wanna play with fireworks...

Teach them all a lesson at once.

I don't think fireworks should be banned, but I do think tighter control is required over who can buy fireworks & in what circumstances they can be used.

iv spent nearly 2hrs trying to think of how to word that.

i agree with above

did anyone else get those small yellow caps with the red bit of paper at the bottom holding in a small amount of explosive power?

One of the kids at my school decided, on a field trip to I can't remember where, possibly some bird sanctuary or something, that it would be fun to bite one of those.

The look on his face was quite simply priceless, as was the way his cheeks bulged to look like a squirrel with all the nuts at the point when it detonated.

How we laughed and laughed roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

I remember a kid doing that with a mouth full of jelly once, that fill out your cheeks with food and then press them in from each side. Don't know what he expected to happen, there was no hole at the front with his mouth closed so it went shooting down his throat making him sick and came flying out his nose, how we laughed lol

they all look the same, they make a horrible noise, they make my dog go f*cking mental, and kids will get their hands on and sadly not blow themselves up, but annoy and possibly hurt others

BAN THEM

try this take a mouth full of diet coke then tilt head back and drop 2 or more mint imperials in try and keep your mouth shut

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />