Lupo Spaceframe Build

1 Litre Screamer

Its a bit empty....... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

This is all very exciting! Next time we see loopy it'll be all chopped and welded with extra bits?

I hope so!

Should certainly have the rear end cut out anyway.

The day has come, after 2 grinders and over 35 cutting discs the back end of the car is finally out.

Now its time to start welding new tubes in to make the space frame for the engine and new suspension assembly.

z.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

p.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

d.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

g.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

j.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

k.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

r.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

s.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

In a few of the pictures you can see a red sheet, this is where the bulkhead will be fitted, making the car alot smaller in the front but hopefully keeping some of the noise down.

b.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

w.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

Looking good mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So if you decide to stop before the engine is in, its foot power flintstones style tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

nutter tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> glad you got him started!!! no going back now shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

@ Lupo_1.0 -The noise is a big issue, the exhaust will be going out of the back, even so the engine will only be 35-mm from the back of the seats behind a thin alloy bulkhead.

@ joe- flintstones power isnt an option, i'm too lazy to do that!!

@ dan- I dont have a deadline as such but i do want it on the road for the nice weather next year, but i would like to get it to a few shows too.

@ jen- Yup, i am starting to agree with you on the nutter statement!

i'm sending the men in white coats round for you, they have a nice soft-padded bedroom for you!

you are indeed a nutter, but i salute you for your nuttiness!!!

wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> that takes guts!

im pretty speachless to be honest.... awesome project. keep up the hard work!

cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

r.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

It'll never pass the MOT like that ! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Good work darren smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

k.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

is that all your cutting out wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

bloody mental ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> but i love it a proper engine conversion biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> and id love it just to take it back to the main dealers drop it off and ask them to do an oil change laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> they wouldnt know what to bloody do with it

good progress Daz look forward to the next set of pics ohand heres a target deadline how about september 10-12th next year if the ragley hall meats on smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> although id be really surprised if you got it complete and running in that time but good luck thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

wayne

oh my god! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> how come you took out the rear struts?

CAZY FOO!

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

awesome!!!! i cant wait to see it all finished! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> get back to me with those paypal details!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> if your not using that old ehaust i may take that too!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

oh my god! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> how come you took out the rear struts?

CAZY FOO!

All of the rear has to come out as its no longer needed, the rear suspesion will be mounted to the new spaceframe chassis once i get it made. The rear end is using either unequal length wishbones or a trailing arm system, i still have to decide on that yet. Its all down to how long i can make the wishbones. The last thing i want is to have no camber change in bump and droop.

lmao Ive sent the pics around our office, no one can belive its a real car laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Mint thread, cool car cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

lmao Ive sent the pics around our office, no one can belive its a real car laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Mint thread, cool car cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I sometimes wonder if its a real car too, or if its just one big dream. (hopefully it wont be a nightmare) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />