lupo tdi

rrdoctoruk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 4:34 PM, mk2 said:

Damn. You spotted my offer. I was thinking of selling the bits for at least £800 then returning car to normal. Then sell that for maybe 600 for a quick sale... easy money.... :)

ok, to keep @Rich happy. I'll pay a grand with everything.

So which bits are worth £800???

How are they balanced? Do they have more meat on the back of the head area?

They are a very marmite wheel and i fall into the disgust camp on them but those splitties do make them easier to stomach...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 11:08 AM, Sausage said:

How are they balanced? Do they have more meat on the back of the head area?

Probably with a lot of lead!

Dont know how much metal they have  - understand they machine off the lip and barrel to accept the split dish and barrel form behind, seen quite a few 80's 90's OEM wheels tarted up like this, the Teddies are a extreme but poor example, early smaller rims are ideal leaving space for the dishes:

1_2_wheel_11.jpg

f2ff47fe19d8b3a18096e85b836e03d2--vw-cor

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2019 at 6:32 PM, ELVIS said:

Any news chap? 

it will be for sale,

without teddies,cambridge lights,spoiler,

mot now done so mot until aug 2020,

all advisories been done, new front brakes hoses,

wishbone bushes and rear beam bushes been done,

new hazard warning switch also,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

right after lots of dreamers and pissing about,

up for sale £700,ono

will be on another set of alloys no teddies,

gti interior as per sport tdi as this is what it is,

needs a dam good clean just been serviced, mot till august,

Edited by rrdoctoruk
update

On 4/12/2020 at 8:44 PM, rrdoctoruk said:

right after lots of dreamers and pissing about,

up for sale £700,

will be on another set of alloys no teddies,

gti interior as per sport tdi as this is what it is,

needs a dam good clean just been serviced, mot till august,

got any up to date pics? interior etc? whats the service history like? up until the new/old engine i guess

Hi Sarah,

service history good as I have serviced it myself every 5k, it is a sport tdi so has the gti interior abs brakes,electric mirrors and windows, mot till august,

it will come with a set of front windows that were tinted to match the back but never fitted, also will come with a stealth shelf with 6x9 speakers fitted, also there is a tdi tuning unit fitted if you wanted that aswell.

the engine was changed at approx. 195k with an engine that had done 80k, the reason it was changed it or the car had a bad vibration which we thought was the gearbox so changed both, at the same time a new clutch was fitted and the cambelt was done at the same time, 

the vibration was still there and believe it or not it was actually the drive shafts so had 4 new cv joints fitted and that cured it instantly!!!!!!!   still have the original engine and box complete,

total mileage is 215k at the moment with it just had a service on Saturday 11th april, 

my daughter has had the car since 139k as we bought it in 2015 to replace a sdi,

have pictures and can send them to you no problem,  IT NEEDS A CLEAN,

only now selling as she needs something a little bigger otherwise she would keep it as it is so reliable and is no trouble being easy and cheap to work on,

12 hours ago, Sarahs Lupo said:

got any up to date pics? interior etc? whats the service history like? up until the new/old engine i guess

Hi Sarah,

service history good as I have serviced it myself every 5k, it is a sport tdi so has the gti interior abs brakes,electric mirrors and windows, mot till august,

it will come with a set of front windows that were tinted to match the back but never fitted, also will come with a stealth shelf with 6x9 speakers fitted, also there is a tdi tuning unit fitted if you wanted that aswell.

the engine was changed at approx. 195k with an engine that had done 80k, the reason it was changed it or the car had a bad vibration which we thought was the gearbox so changed both, at the same time a new clutch was fitted and the cambelt was done at the same time, 

the vibration was still there and believe it or not it was actually the drive shafts so had 4 new cv joints fitted and that cured it instantly!!!!!!!   still have the original engine and box complete,

total mileage is 215k at the moment with it just had a service on Saturday 11th april, 

my daughter has had the car since 139k as we bought it in 2015 to replace a sdi,

have pictures and can send them to you no problem,  IT NEEDS A CLEAN,

only now selling as she needs something a little bigger otherwise she would keep it as it is so reliable and is no trouble being easy and cheap to work on,

will not come with teddies but will come with some 5 spoke alloys with decent tyres

Edited by rrdoctoruk
add
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rrdoctoruk said:

obviously these teddies are worth some money, as I keep being asked about them, are they really that rare???

Obviously value is subjective and condition matters a lot, tyres etc. I'd probably value them at around 200-250 judging them just on the photo. Mint sets with mint tyres have been known to sell for 500+ (scene tax for you) but obviously it's what someone is willing to pay with this COVID shite.

I would've been interested but not at that price, nonetheless good luck with the sale matey hopefully a swift one in these current conditions.