Tattoo Thread

big_chris1981

What do 2 downwards pointing swallows mean? Ive always wondered this

For swallows Sailors would have a swallow tattoo put on their chest after completing 5,000 sea miles and one on the other side after completing 10,000 sea miles.

Here is the origin of the swallow tattoo: there was a ship named the swallow, the men had a mutiny and the original seven mutineers had swallows tattooed on them so that they could identify each other. Out of this two things happened: 1. People got swallows tattooed on them and lied about being one of the original seven; and 2. The authorities heard of this identification and searched for the seven sailors who got swallows to throw them off the right trail. Since then sailors have gotten swallows for every 5,000 nautical miles, one on each side of their chest, when they would retire they would hang a string between the two birds and hang women’s underwear and stuff.

More recently swallows on the back of the hands are supposed to give you faster hands, such as in a fight and are usually associated with people acting the hard man. In Scotland it usually signifies a spell in Barlinnie prison in Glasgow or in general have done 'bird'. bluebirds, swallows or sparrows can also stand for white supremacy or white power.

search.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

More recently swallows on the back of the hands are supposed to give you faster hands

I wouldnt say recently. People in the war used to get them on there trigger hands. So it makes sense with the whole 'faster hands' thing. Faster trigger finger.

• 2 weeks later...

Fraid im not. I had to cancel, as I needed a new exhaust. Well and truly gutted sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Gonna book in for the new year. After that im gonna get the other inner arm done then maybe a chest piece.

well my dad mostof his sleave finished last week looks preet kool

please excuse the fat belly i219058727_22083.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i219022717_14767.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i219059708_16846.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i219040704_71793.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i219077697_89745.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i219028736_38901.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i218982738_88913.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by littledan

I'm back on the 6th December, although its on my left chest, its going to be finishing my tribal arm.

Got something cool lined up to finish off my Scull arm biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

well i got me elbow done today

wasnt as bad as i fort it was

i216556149_90267.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

youve got something on your lip. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

youve got something on your lip. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

yeah its called lip piercings mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

and kool man im going back after xmas to get some more of mine done biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

dan

Hi all.....

I have a few tats but my latest one I had done while in the states...

and it hurt like hell... took over 4 hours and was in a real dodgy part of town. There were little Eminem wannabees calling in every two minutes....!

I was pooing my pants to say the least but it took my ind off of the tattoo!! lol

coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

any updates on people. Ive just called for an apt and hes booked up till 26th MAY 642041243_l.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

911877157_l.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

1392226124_l.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

1534076763_l.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Yes, I'm in the office all the time these days, so my days of excersing while getting paid are long gone.

And No.

I've always been a skinny bygger wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />