Bep51's Lupo Sport - ATS 5-Stars

BEP51

I was surprised that you thought it was tornado red as the only other tornado red lupos i've seen and heard of have been from about 2004 onwards.

Just take the bumper somewhere and it shouldnt be too much to do!

It will get done come september :( however compared to other flash red lupos it looks a completely different shade (in every pic, not just this one)

cimg6141n.jpg

so im still unsure, but i think it must be flash red, but why it is so different to others i have no idea.

paint code reads LP3G apparantly flash red on a website i found.

To be fair to respray your bumper was a big job from the start, hence garages asking so much for it to be done.

Especially because red paint can fade badly.

Either way i'm sorry to hear you got the paint wrong!

Jake.

will hopefully save and sort it, finish would have been far better had i had decent lighting in the garage as u cant see where u are spraying properly unless in direct light.

ohhh man, Borbet A's?

1 day left on bidding, still winning, just a laquer peel sand back and repair job, if i cant afford to keep them, hopefully will be able to sell for a worthwhile profit as they are lovely wheels, fit lupos, and are valuable. if i do keep them tyres will have to wait till sept anyway.

That's just because my car is cleaner than yours in that pic ben :P

its only dirty at the bottom, and its too big a difference to just be cleanliness, also it is definately a purple based, and not a yellow based red, so im still unsure over the true colour despite the code, (also shine doesnt change the colour :P)

only solution will be to have it colourmatched when it eventually gets properly resprayed.

Edited by BEP51

we've had mine, ryans and adrians in a line before and they all looked different colours lol. they're all meant to be flash, well atleast i think adrians is!

seems colourmatch is the only way to go with red cars!

I got by both my bumpers and bonnet done for £300 so just the one bumper wont cost much

where was this done out of interest? cos i would love the front and bonnet redone too, they may be able to do my boot handle and filler flap too for the same sort of cost.

may end up having to look for someone to do my roof soon too :/

come to think of it a full exterior respray may be worthwhile anyway... decisions decisions

Edited by BEP51

Raised exhaust and bumper so far

cimg7049.jpg

Bumper really isnt far off the actual car colour (despite appearance in the pics, it is most similar to the slightly faded plastics on the car which means it matches ok, in a few days it will come off again to be wet and dried smooth before polishing, however i have now just discovered a black dog hair in the laquer lol, only minor, maybe polish out after i get the tweezers on it.

cimg7050p.jpg

really happy with the exhaust height now, very central and no longer twisted and still just visible from the side angle.

Next job will be to sort the bloody squeak under the car, doing my head in, the whole exhaust system has been squeaking for several months now. Maybe get it on the ramps at the local garage with a grease gun 2moro.

where was this done out of interest? cos i would love the front and bonnet redone too, they may be able to do my boot handle and filler flap too for the same sort of cost.

may end up having to look for someone to do my roof soon too :/

come to think of it a full exterior respray may be worthwhile anyway... decisions decisions

Cant remember the name but its down bindon road opposite the Mitsubishi garage. That was done a month or so ago

Hey mate told you I'd get you a pic a while back!

P1040350.jpg

Hey. I just noticed your from belfast.Tidy looking loop. Ive only ever seen a tafetta green sport in N.I. You dont live off the lisburn road do you? Have you got a readers ride thread?

Mikey

Had the car in the garage today to sort my (exhaust?) squeak. when i got it back, turned out the guy had lowered my exhuast back down again and covered my bracket (which was definately not the cause of the noise) in bits of rubber as cushioning. so i moved the ruber from beneath the car under the washer on the bolt in the boot to re-raise it. admittedly i didnt have a sqeak on the drive home, but wasnt driving hard enough to start the squeak (it is usually silent till u hit a hard bump, then wont go away till u park it up for a while) also i had the squeak before i raised the exhaust, it just got slightly worse when i raised it. i got under the car myself and decided it may be the heatshield it was rubbing on, so i bent it back with some pliers. still got to see if the squeak still exists over the nxt few days. if it comes back, i will try the exhaust lower again. but im sure that isnt the underlying problem of the squeak... may be rear left hub or rear torsion bar bush.

lol, thats what i had to do too for ages! cars been doing it since shortly after we bought it going up holden hill towards plym was when i first noticed it, then only on long left turns. slowly worsened, then a lot worse when i raised my exhaust.

Hey. I just noticed your from belfast.Tidy looking loop. Ive only ever seen a tafetta green sport in N.I. You dont live off the lisburn road do you? Have you got a readers ride thread?

Mikey

Hi mate yeah that's me at work, on the lisburn road! Good spot lol.. I've only ever seen another sport it's a yellow one driven around east belfast by some old woman! Get onto her will!! Lol I haven't got a reader's ride yet nah, it's too predictable what people are going to say (lower) so until I get that covered I'm reluctant to say much! You got one yourself?

Well half the sqeak had gone due to the bracket i remade today after the guy at the garage failed to fix it. I have no idea how the guy didnt notice, when the car is ramped up above his head that the centre chassis exhaust mount was in contact with and rubbing against the pipe between the cat and the backbox, so i bent them apart a bit, and job done! no more fu**ing sqeaks!!! Now to sort my central locking... also awaiting my new bumper to be dispatched, and new wheels (which i will probs sell rather than keep) to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

unfortunately it spent all day sat on the drive being rained on with a matt rear bumper. :/ hope new wheels and bumper arrive 2moro, then time to treat it to a good well deserved 6 hour polish!

R32 got rear ended a few weeks back and has been to a bodyshop for a new rear bumper.

Came back from the bodyshop today after its rear bumper was replaced and resprayed, the colour they painted it was notably darker with barely any metallicness to it! topped off with more orange peel effect then you could get from a rattle can.

We took it back to them (Holley Autobodies Taunton) and they were a bit sheepish at how s**t it looked and said they would have the car back in on tues to do it again. Also annoyed that as the old bumper was still in fairly good condition and insurance were happy for us to have it to resell ourselves, we specifically asked for it back, and it was put in the notes with the job order. However they "claim" it went in the skip which had been emptied already.

Load of bol**cks, they just sold it onto someone for their own profits, it was still worth at least £300 on ebay, the tiny warp mark could have been covered by a plate surround, and the other mark was barely notable, paintwork was also tip top (thanks to hours of my polishing).

Overall a bit p'd off as both cars now have bumper problems, lol it must be a vdub thing!

Edited by BEP51

Didnt say anything bout the golf, cos we didnt think it would be a problem, till we found out how crap they are.

Also... the "like-for-like" courtesey car they gave us turned out to be an automtic merc e class with a weedy little engine and massive wingmirrors. (considering the golf is manual, they should at least have asked if he was happy with auto).

They also told my dad that he couldnt drive it back to them to pick up the R, he had to leave it at our house for 3 days uninsured and completely responsible for it with an £800 excess. So we called up, kicked off, and they were round in 20 mins to pick it up when they were apparantly too busy to pick it up for 3 more days!

Cos the car was so crap and plasticy we refused the offer from Holley autobodies of another courtesey car. They have not made a good impression, the NFU will ask for a review soon, we wont be kind...

NFU used to use a really good company who did pristine perfect jobs and exceptional work. However they swapped for this cheaper company and workmanship went out the window.

Edited by BEP51