Bep51's Lupo Sport - ATS 5-Stars

BEP51

Right a mini update, not progress, just maintaining what is already there.

-The other week my scorpion alarm/rcl stopped working, the alarm still sounded and could still be deactivated at the deactivating point, so 66% was still working fine.

Took it to a garage reccommended by my local mechanic, Hickleys, in taunton. They told me they would do their best to fix it in half an hour, they returned half an hour later to tell me that they had checked all the wiring, but unfortunately the central control unit built into the siren itself was broken and irrepairable. Ok unfortuante, but then i was insisted to pay for half an hours labour, about £35 after tax - couldnt argue as they hadmy keys still.

I was told that i wouldnt be able to get a replacement part from scorpion as they went bust, they offered to fit a new system at a discounted £140

I decided to look over it myself today, i could find no faults in the wiring at all, it was simply that the ke fob didnt seem to be registering with the sensor.

- The first thing i found strange was i found the central control unit as a seperate box behind the dash, not built into the siren as i was advised.

- Secondly after a google i found that Scorpion hadnt gone bust, and were in fact one of the UK's largest suppliers.

- Thirdy Google told me that this was a very common problem and that the receiver can alter the frequency slightly so the fobs are wrong. to correct this you had to hold both buttons on the fob down for 10 seconds till the light stays on, then press the button again and the car should lock. This worked, so i did the same for the second fob. now everything is completely fine, and seems to be picking up the fob's signal even better than before!

Monday morning I am demanding a refund for their now blatant lies. - i dont believe they even checked it as the wiring had never been touched and the dash never dissasembled.

I went down to see if they would offer me some free advice on my situation but they said I would have to pay to get it booked in. Glad I didn't now

I went down to see if they would offer me some free advice on my situation but they said I would have to pay to get it booked in. Glad I didn't now

Whats your situation? paying for advice is wrong. Unless of course it is a proffessional consultant supplying documented information to a business.

Whats your situation? paying for advice is wrong. Unless of course it is a proffessional consultant supplying documented information to a business.

My electric windows wont work unless I hold the keys in my hand arm the alarm and then press the switch down. odd ay :confused:

Very strange they must be connected to more parts in the door than I thought, try popping the doorcards off and temporarily remove any extra wire connected to the window electrics and then test them. Better than going to hickleys.

My spacers were a ballache....

First the rear wheels were rattling around, so i tightened them up which was okay till a grinding sound started when breaking. Check all pads and disks which were fine, took spacers off out of curiosity and it stopped. So I left them off :(

If u have rear discs, try removing the hub nut cap, u need sumthing sharp to get behind it, then screwdriver it off. Sounds exactly the same as mine, I then found the spacers then sat flush, no problems since.

If u have rear discs, try removing the hub nut cap, u need sumthing sharp to get behind it, then screwdriver it off. Sounds exactly the same as mine, I then found the spacers then sat flush, no problems since.

Shall give it ago, going to shorten my bolts abit aswell as they are a little too long

Cool cheers, think this is what I am going to have to go for. 10mm just doesn't let my wheel centre, gonna try again tomorrow, possibly pull that cap off a mm or so and the wheel will probably centre on that, a bit pikey though :lol:

Today's update, been to Hickleys to claim back the £33 quid they charged for doing nothing and lying. They promptly gave me a full refund.

I fixed the bulb in the lower dash heater controls.

My cigarette lighter has stopped working, though the fuse hasnt gone?

I am still waiting to hear back from Germany about the borbets, will send more emails today.

Still waiting upon replacement bumper refund from Techy.

Dad's R32 has gone in for a 3rd time now to Holley's with the promise of a perfect finish. - Hopefully they will also repair the misting rear left light and replace the warped lower bumper section that they failed to notice previously.

Holleys has given me the mobile number of one of their sprayers who does home work, who will give me a "very good quote" for my rear bumper, I will call him this evening.

So progress on average.

Today's update, been to Hickleys to claim back the £33 quid they charged for doing nothing and lying. They promptly gave me a full refund.

I fixed the bulb in the lower dash heater controls.

My cigarette lighter has stopped working, though the fuse hasnt gone?

I am still waiting to hear back from Germany about the borbets, will send more emails today.

Still waiting upon replacement bumper refund from Techy.

Dad's R32 has gone in for a 3rd time now to Holley's with the promise of a perfect finish. - Hopefully they will also repair the misting rear left light and replace the warped lower bumper section that they failed to notice previously.

Holleys has given me the mobile number of one of their sprayers who does home work, who will give me a "very good quote" for my rear bumper, I will call him this evening.

So progress on average.

Where did you get the bulbs from?

Where did you get the bulbs from?

Internet, pack of 10 for delivered next day and bought for £2.50, i still have 9 left over if you want some?

Edited by BEP51

if you mean for the heater controls, its one bulb and i got mine from halfords :)

I couldn't find them anywhere :/

Internet, pack of 10 for delivered next day and bought for £2.50, i still have 9 left over if you want some?

That would be sweet buddy I think I need 3

It is only one bulb that lights all three of the heater controls, u want to meet a bit later in taunton and i can change it for you?

Edited by BEP51

R32 back from Holleys for the third time now, for no reason they only resprayed the top half of the bumper? but that now looks perfectly smooth and a better (but not perfect) colour match, but then contrasted with the orange peely lower it looks a bit odd. They replaced the rear light, and got the shade correct (R32 and ed30 lights are darker than normal mk5's) they did not replace the lower black exhaust surround which is warped as we requested and offered no explanation as to why they didnt do it when they just order the part and charge the insurer.

They also damaged the paint under the rear right light when fitting it as the paint was still soft when they fitted it. only very minor, but bad practice.

Im still trying to get dad to send it back again for them to paint the lower bit like the top part and replace the surround. but he doesnt want to go thru the stress for a fourth time. I will keep complaining and i will get it sent back again eventually. The car was perfect originally, someone rear ends it, their insurance paying, why do a half arsed job when they charge for labour? order ALL the parts, add labour and charge the insurer. only makes sense...

The customer has the RIGHT to have the car returned to "like new" condition. Crap work should not be tolerated by anyone, show bodyshops not to be lazy! Anyone who works at a bodyshop must be a perfectionist. If not, fire them!

Officially the worst organisation i have ever come across. A bunch of Lazy half-arsed idiots. (apart from the guy who sprayed the top part of the bumper this time, cos he did a really good job on it compared to the others, and will be repainting my lupo bumper on monday!)

Rant over .

More ranting about Holleys.

-The "replaced" rear light, still has condensation in it, so either they lied about replacing it, or fitted another broken one in its place.

Car is definately going back for a fourth visit. But this time we will be back in touch with our insurers demanding the work is done elsewhere by competent people!

My bumper is now with the painter, will have it back freshly painted on wednesday! now to get the rest of the car looking fresh and new! - but first to put the ride on mower on ebay!

Just to keep things updated...

cimg7423u.jpg

cimg7440b.jpg

Car at Coombe VAG day with its freshly sprayed rear bumper.

-Next on the list is to get the rear boot handle re-done, next few days i hope!

-Then i may get the petrol filler cap redone and the drivers mirror redone.

-Then saving the pennies for the front bumper and fog-light surround.

-Arch rolling will happen properly by the end of the week, i just need to buy some bitumen paint to seal off any cracked paint. (will borrow a heat-gun too)

-Will need two new rear tyres soon so i can get them to match the fronts, will also get the rears weighted on the inside.

-Then i plan to refurbish the wheels myself, getting my painter friend to spray them up in a very subtly lighter silver that im yet to choose. - Possibly Lotus Actic Silver.

-Also found a new dent has appeared since the weekend on the bootlid, so that is on the list amongst many for being fixed.

-Still need to get the roof redone and the rust sorted sometime...

Edited by BEP51