Bep51's Lupo Sport - ATS 5-Stars

BEP51

looks really tidy

but i agree with marcus it could be lower.... but hey its your car and if thats how you like it keep it like this!

i do like the way mine sits IMO its how the car should come.... not overly low just sitting nice,

Cheers for using mine as an example..... brought a smile to my face! :shades:

Edited by macaloon

Yours was the one i found, when deciding what to do with the car, really liked it.

But the car will go NO lower, if u cant notice its been lowered at a glance, to me that is perfect.

Cheers nice to know people like the car ive tried to keep it as OEM as possible

like i say its your car do what you want with it people always say to me lower it more but i love it as is,

if your looking for a spoiler this is the one I have, totally changes the look of the car from the back makes it look much sportier but not chav......

http://www.volkswagenaccessories.co.uk/accessories/details?part_no=6X00716459AX

Edited by macaloon

It does make it look more streamlined imo, but i couldnt justify spending so much buying it, painting it, fitting it, getting the brake light sorted. Main priority atm is to sort out the rust on the roof. Going to send the case to watchdog soon, will let everyone know when it will be aired. Maybe i may get my lupo on tv!

have been considering them, i may have another look tonight for other non-gti lupos with them on. If i do change the wheels they would stay as vw alloys for the car, so either bathursts, kyalamia (current), or starlites. other standard vw ones arent great imo.

Have now gone down a little bit further on the rear to make it perfectly balanced.

No decent photos yet, but went to a little Taunton Lupo meet with jabbles21 and Newnsie, so took a few pics, sorry none came out well from my camera, it hates taking pics at night.

cimg5970edit.jpg

cimg5975edit.jpg

cimg5972edit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Right, conclusions for the AP's. The roads have dried up and i can feel they are a lot better than standard suspension and worth the expense. Still feel comfortable after long drives ad roll still exists, but not as early on as before and is notably less. The car does feel, as i had wanted, exactly as it should. I dont even find myself avoiding bumps too much now.

The car feels quick, nimble and agile thru corners, and seems to grip very well. U can now go quite quickly round a corner without the passenger noticing and u having to feel embaressed with the roll.

I do notice mechanical "clonking" noises a bit whenever i start off and am moving slowly, but after a few mins they dissappear, almost as if it is "warming up" or sumthing? very strange, but i can see no damage anywhere, any ideas how to stop it would be helpful tho.

A nice pic on top of Drake Circus this evening.

cimg6230.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After some drunk ppol smashed my mirror off last night, here is my temp repair.

cimg6343z.jpg

cimg6342.jpg

anyone who can help me find a replacement; here is the link to what im looking for in the wanted section. "Wanted"

Edited by BEP51

F*ck.... Change the image sizes

reduced, only 2 big ones now. is there an easier way to reduce them other than sticking them thru pixillion then reuploading?

• 2 weeks later...

Mirror now fixed, not completely happy with my spray can finish, but the colour matches well, it is just now unfaded, seems the red only fades on the plastics not the metals? Was a bugger finding the plug for the electric wire, had to take the lower door cards off and tear away the soundproofing stuff. Then had to feel around inside for a good half hour trying to tear my way thru the mass of electrical tape holding it down. But happy now its done. No point putting up pics, its just a mirror. Wish they had been manual not electric, would have been so much easier.