Bep51's Lupo Sport - ATS 5-Stars

BEP51

still nothing back from her yet, shes probably gone back into hospital, cos she was already in for a week, came home for a day, went to the post office, then emailed me sending it would cost mroe to post, then no answer since, so probs caught something else.

Most ppol get emails to their phones though.

Ben, I hate to say it, but it does all sound very suspicious.

News on the bumper?

If i want my money back, i just need to escalate the case with ebay, but i DO still want the wheels, when they eventually arrive one way or another, she will not be getting a good feedback lol!

Still the courier company hasnt brought the bumper after sending it to the wrong depo wtf? however the seller will claim the value back from them and send me a second (by a different courier).

Hopefully spacers arrive today or 2moro!

Spacers fitted! drastic handling change that i didnt expect, it actually feels wider at the rear and the front feels far mroe nible, huge change - really didnt expect it!

cimg7262j.jpg

cimg7268.jpg

cimg7267.jpg

cimg7266.jpg

(ignore that it is on a slope and the bumper looks rubbish!)

lol, well i would love the 7J borbets, wouldnt need spacers for those as they are slightly wider anyways.

However cant afford to keep them, let me know if Emski would like them lol (if or when i get them (as i have to add))!

will do my very best to keep them, but after 4 tyres, (£300 after fitment), more lows (free!!!) and tracking. It adds up to quite a lot even with lows being free, and i struggle to justify it to myself... would rather sell and save for other bits and bobs, also got to save for hols to colombia with gf for christmas amongst other unforseen future expenditures!

lol at 300 for tyres.

65 + 65 + 65 + 65 = 260 + 20 = 280 so only a tad steep, but not far off.

I dont cheap on tyres, it nearly killed me once.

195/45/15

Toyo proxes: £58.81 (mid-range rated tyre)

Yoko S-drives: £50.14 (premium rated tyre)

Postage not included.

Toyos are good for stretching and thats about it, i had yokos as my last set and am so far extremely impressed, havent understeered once.

You are buying the brand with toyos, look at the description:

The Proxes T1-R is the tyre of choice for all driving enthusiasts. Boasting a unique performance compound and tread pattern, the T1-R surpasses all previous benchmarks in wet and dry handling. The v-shaped grooves efficiently pump water away, allowing the rubber to grip the tarmac. Bound by circumferential groove, turning is razor sharp whilst still allowing the tyre to run quieter and last longer. Practical and pleasing to the eye! The Proxes T1-R is available in a huge range of popular sizes, from 14” right up to a staggering 21"

how can that not be aimed at our market!

They would be a possible option, but i do trust the yokos now.

Spacers now removed :(

it seems cos the sport has discs, the centre spigot sticks out further than perhaps with a drum, so the spacers do not sit flat against the hub, even if i remove the centre cap covering the bearing nut, it still leaves a 1/2 mm gap without being flush.

Driving round yesterday with wheels wobbling around wasnt fun :(

pics to show why:

cimg7269f.jpg removing cap for 0.5mm less lip.

cimg7270d.jpg centre lip sticks out too far and prevents the spacer sitting back further.

cimg7271.jpg 1/2 mm gap.

anyone got any ideas that would stop me sending them back? I dont want to end up filing anything back or putting a washer of sorts between the hub and spacer.

Edited by BEP51

Have just tried to tighten them up again without the wheel, just my old short bolts to hold it in to see if i could tighten it to flush, i managed (with the cap off) but feked one of the threads in the hub on my back right, but it did sit flush. so have refitted it again with 7.5 bolts holding on both the wheels. will give it another day or two and will take it out to test at motorway speeds to double check, but driving down the lanes with wingmirrors aimed at the rear wheels and windows down, they do seem to be running striaght... tho im not entirely sure on the rear right yet, but the lanes are so bumpy and it was very difficult to observe one full rotation that wasnt interrupted by a bump. They are certainly an improvement on yesterdays continuous clonking.

Will let u know in a few days how they are doing. Really like the way the car looks with them, but if they cant work in a mechanically sound manner then i cant use them.

strange the cap should have to be removed? - any other sport/gti owners had this?

Edited by BEP51

Hmm, very strange! I was looking at getting 10 or 15 mm but will have to be extra careful when Ordering. :( When I have been looking a few have stated that the rear setups of some cars is different (guessing between drums and discs) and if the hub thing is longer than 12mm then the 15mm hubcentrics mightn't work

it seems to be sitting ok for now, but i had to remove the cap (pictured) to get it to sit flush, it had to be done up so tight that i actually ruined one thread inside the hub, however it does now seem to be flush and wobble free. will drive it over the next few days and keep an eye an ear and a buttock out for it. (cos for some reason you cant feel it wobble thru the steering wheel, more thru the bottom of your seat lol)

jamiea7x - it may be cos your spacers are wider that the bored out part is deeper than the lip on the hub compared to these these 15mm spacers (where the lip on the hub is longer than the bore depth into the spacers by about 1.5mm).

• 2 weeks later...

Right a mini update, not progress, just maintaining what is already there.

-The other week my scorpion alarm/rcl stopped working, the alarm still sounded and could still be deactivated at the deactivating point, so 66% was still working fine.

Took it to a garage reccommended by my local mechanic, Hickleys, in taunton. They told me they would do their best to fix it in half an hour, they returned half an hour later to tell me that they had checked all the wiring, but unfortunately the central control unit built into the siren itself was broken and irrepairable. Ok unfortuante, but then i was insisted to pay for half an hours labour, about £35 after tax - couldnt argue as they hadmy keys still.

I was told that i wouldnt be able to get a replacement part from scorpion as they went bust, they offered to fit a new system at a discounted £140

I decided to look over it myself today, i could find no faults in the wiring at all, it was simply that the ke fob didnt seem to be registering with the sensor.

- The first thing i found strange was i found the central control unit as a seperate box behind the dash, not built into the siren as i was advised.

- Secondly after a google i found that Scorpion hadnt gone bust, and were in fact one of the UK's largest suppliers.

- Thirdy Google told me that this was a very common problem and that the receiver can alter the frequency slightly so the fobs are wrong. to correct this you had to hold both buttons on the fob down for 10 seconds till the light stays on, then press the button again and the car should lock. This worked, so i did the same for the second fob. now everything is completely fine, and seems to be picking up the fob's signal even better than before!

Monday morning I am demanding a refund for their now blatant lies. - i dont believe they even checked it as the wiring had never been touched and the dash never dissasembled.