Bep51's Lupo Sport - ATS 5-Stars

BEP51

Are they the ones you got?

Same brand, but my front discs and pads arent the same as yours, They're bigger :D

these are the pads that fit your model of car, mine are about eight quid more for the fronts, will wait to see if the gf needs a loan this month.

Drove up a lane that Lowered cars weren't intended for and got stuck.. Yeah told them, they're fine about at as long as i'm all insured! :)

So quite literally grounded! did u have to get out and push? got to adapt to a completely new style of driving! now u can finally put your speedbump climbing manouver into practice!

How about finishing off your wheels how u want nxt week?

How many weeks of college left?

Edited by BEP51

Despite loving OEM wheels, i do have a significant soft spot for borbet a's sooooo...

Opinions on Borbet A's 15x7 at et35

15x7et35borbetamk2.jpg

(staying at my current ride height to keep the wheels easily interchangable)

would be running a 40/45 profile and no/minimum stretch (i dont like stretch, makes the car look awful from behind with skinny little tread) shouldnt have rubbing at this offset, however arches could be rolled back slightly.

Trying to bid for some on german ebay, just gotta find out if/how they will post and how they want payment sent.

Borbet A's are a great choice, if it has dish, and flatface! I would love a set if they did a smaller size and flat face although there are so many sizes and styles that I cannot get my head around it half the time.

they are lush buy them now or ur a fool for not lol :)

im after some ronal turbo's but am not thinking the borbet A's cheers bep lol :(

bidding on german ebay atm. hopeful cos apparantly they reguarly fetch less than a quarter of what they do here

Borbet A's are a great choice, if it has dish, and flatface! I would love a set if they did a smaller size and flat face although there are so many sizes and styles that I cannot get my head around it half the time.

i dont want the flat faces, the hexagon breaks it up a bit as it is a large flat surface, 15x7 has a small 1-2" dish, but i wouldnt polish, just silver paint all over.

How do u fancy 3ds maxin it seeing as u have borbets and a lupo pre-made obv at my sensible ride height and no stetch :D

Edited by BEP51

Wow! thanks, i do like the low cars, but it should always be very low or very practical and anything inbetween would be half arsed, only solution is air! so until that becomes affordable, practical it will be!

Would love to be able to have wider tyres, cos standards always look so skinny! and the slightly larger rims should help fill the arches a fraction more.

Gotta hope i win them now! then try and explain the purchase to my gf...

Edited by BEP51

Say its a present for her, for you. Her present is your happiness ha.

You like my exhaust placement? :cheeky:

will try that, but i dont know how persuasive it would be. may be better to say they are a lucratively profitable investment (seeing as she works in finance)!

yes, nice and low, will be getting sorted this week with a drill and some wire!

Been very busy today!

Firstly paid in my tax refund to finance borbet A's (hopefully)

Then moved all my grandmother's furniture for her carpit fitmetn 2moro.

Then removed the rear bumper for respraying:

cimg7036.jpg

(Had a little clean)

cimg7039.jpg

Primered:

cimg7040z.jpg

First coat of paint, havent got enough cans, will need another im sure, cos this is most of one can:

cimg7047c.jpg

Then decided to fix my exhaust made a bracket by drilling thru the chassis, (sealed after) then droopping a bolt thru and running it thru the clip and bolting it up from underneath, need the bumper back on to perfect the height, but looking much better already!

cimg7043.jpg

Then, as my second set of wiper motor arms had broken, i got fed up, drilled a hole thru the joint and ran a bolt thru, pleanty of lube and it works perfectly!

cimg7042.jpg

colour match will be pretty accurate as ive used it before for my mirror and it comes out beautifully, then i will respray my filler cap and my boot handle after if i have left over paint.

you're respraying your own rear bumper?...will that not look worse than before? lol

Borbet's will look good if you win them, thought about them myself before

respraying my mirror gave such a great finish that it gave me the confidence, it had loads of laquer peel along the top before and really detracted from the rear, cant afford a pro respray as yet, but will get it done properly in sept with next sf payment if it doesnt look up to my standards.

yeh, thats what i thought, one company quoted £150 per bumper, bit steep, but i bet i could find cheaper if needbe, i know it just takes loads of time and patience and sanding to get the finish perfect, if i can get it evenly coated with the t.red then the laquer fills all the orange peel effect and leaves the gloss. Then plenty of polishing!

Thanks for the bathurst pic, suits the spoiler well.

Just realised whilst painting my bumper to check the paint code for my car, and tho i have been told by 2 paint experts it is tornado red, and also by an online database, however upon checking the code in the boot online, it says flash red? noting i reprsyed, my mirror t.red in bright light i can notice some difference with t.red being slightly darker, seeing as ive already finished the paint colour on my rear bumper, tho the finish is shocking anyway, i hope it doesnt look too wrong :( will be asking for a full respray for my b-day now :( alternatively mk4 R32 as an investment and a replacement and give the lupo to my younger brother. quite pissed off with the bumper finish and the colour thing cos it all adds up to pricy, seeing as i hopefully will win these wheels, i have to pay for them, pay for a few trips round europe, pay car tax, and now pay for a pro to properly redo the bumper in the proper colour. im feeling quite poor and may look at tidying up the borbets and selling on for a small profit however much i want them. :( :( :(

I was surprised that you thought it was tornado red as the only other tornado red lupos i've seen and heard of have been from about 2004 onwards.

Just take the bumper somewhere and it shouldnt be too much to do!

To be fair to respray your bumper was a big job from the start, hence garages asking so much for it to be done.

Especially because red paint can fade badly.

Either way i'm sorry to hear you got the paint wrong!

Jake.