Bep51's Lupo Sport - ATS 5-Stars

BEP51

Good work, what flash gun you running?

Also what set ups your camera?

Heya, got one of the eBay cheapie remote flash systems to get used to it, works fine 50% of the time, but sometimes fails to fire, will be getting a better set at some point tho as i would want them to be a bit more reliable.

Flashes - I have two ancient canon speedlite300ez's on independant tripods which do the job fine - would be nice ot be able to adjust them a bit more - but they are cheap so hey.

Camera is Canon 550d, went for my kit 18-55 for these as even tho my 23 year old lenses (35-70 and 100-200) are far superior, you have to be too far from the subject to get them all in frame and the remote flashes are more likely to misfire. Still contemplating taking a local chap up on an offer for a 10-22 canon, but I did want the version with the lower f-stop value so may wait a bit.

I haven't got round to changing my fog light bulb as I suspected it would be a massive pain in the arse, looks like I was right :lol: Loop's looking good :shades:

I haven't got round to changing my fog light bulb as I suspected it would be a massive pain in the arse, looks like I was right :lol: Loop's looking good :shades:

Cheers, its easy enough to get to and change, 1 arch liner screw either side and the two front bolts then it just pulls away at the edges. Just tested mine this evening to see how the new bulbs look and found it wasnt working again - had a look and turns out the bulb has just exploded :s seems to be a bigger problem than just the corroded connection that i sorted yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a few purchases...

Bought the clocks from a Seat Arosa Mk2 that I plan to split so that I can keep my backing screens and all the electronic bits and get rid of the last bit of grey plastic on the car and replace it with the black rings from this:
248159_10151481198098542_1133818569_n.jp
In order for this to work I also have to have a Seat arosa binnacle cover rather than the double breast lupo one, so phoned Exeter Seat and they have ordered the two parts from Spain so will hopefully be available for collection soon.
943358_10151481192148542_1048007640_n.jp

Will put up pics when its done in a few weeks

Also considering getting a seat headunit to canabalise for the red LCD screen to replace my blue one and then swap the red LED parts in the clocks over to get rid of the blue from there. Then every single thing on the interior is either Black, Red or Chrome!

Attention to detail, good man :thumbsup:

Cheers,

just had some bad news in the form of a call from the breaker in Manchester about the clocks....

The guy didnt realise that there are two versions - the full black and the half grey half black ones, he had two sets and unknowingly posted the full black one to someone else yesterday... At least he called before sending the wrong item, but now means i have to continue my search - and probably get one thats more expensive...

On a mission with this!! looking forward to having a nose around in your interior at some point.

you're not a fan of the red & blue vw clocks then? I personally love them, but would prefer a round binnacle.

strong work as always Ben :thumbsup: shame about the black clocks tho!

On a mission with this!! looking forward to having a nose around in your interior at some point.

you're not a fan of the red & blue vw clocks then? I personally love them, but would prefer a round binnacle.

strong work as always Ben :thumbsup: shame about the black clocks tho!

Heya, will be ordering another set of clocks soon, got to wait a few weeks for the binnacle to arrive from Spain anyway.

Updates will be slow after this as I just shelled out a grand to build a new computer. Full respray and alcantara red doorcards and seat centres will have to wait. But hopefully should be able to work and earn a fair bit more productively with a new supercomputer :D

As for red and blue clocks and the blue headunit lcd screen, when everything else is red, blue seems a bit odd to me :s

Edited by BEP51

• 2 weeks later...

Right well car is now rebuilt - few issues:
- There is now a slight play in the steering, barely notable but I will investigate 2moro. - may be due to the fact I had a few bolts and screws left over...
- The horn sounds constantly, even when disconnected behind the airbag, so I unplugged it behind the bumper, will investigate before MOT next month but I may end up getting a new steering wheel anyway and then just get a resistor for the airbag.
- There is a really annoying squeak from the rear boot hatch, although I wasn't working on that part of the car, I think some rain has got onto the mechanism when i left it open and it needs re-greasing.

I am going to pick up my new binnacle cover on Saturday morning on my way down to Plymouth from their Exeter garage, my old one is just tucked in place for the moment.
My new SEAT headunit and clock backs are in so now every bulb in the car is red!!!
965173_10151505891643542_1171554456_o.jp

Hopefully a mate in Plymouth can help me decode the headunit as it will be a very quiet drive to Plymouth - I may become one of those weird people who uses their iPod headphones whilst driving :o

Tax 2moro, so as a reward for myself for completing this task I now have to shell out again to pay for the roads that my emissions somehow affect more than the weight of my car... and to the council who have left one of the 3 roads to my house completely underwater and impassable even by 4x4's for over 8 months. Every journey to town takes another 5 minutes detour and increased traffic on those lanes means more reversing for fat women who cant turn their heads to look backwards... Wonder if I could just not pay and proclaim that I only drive on roads that are unmanaged by the council.

• 2 months later...

601847_10151458970198542_99125995_n.jpg

Fog light bulb change - but didnt happen as i had to order the correct bulb off ebay.

Still - the photo looks cool.

Up early 2moro to get tyres swapped over!

Is it difficult to remove the lower section of the bumper? I need to remove both my fog lights.

• 5 months later...

Is it difficult to remove the lower section of the bumper? I need to remove both my fog lights.

Havent been on here in ages lol! - if you still havent managed it by now, yes it is easy, just the two torx screws in the front grille and i think two little torx screws in either arch liner, then just start pulling from the sides.

No real updates, but bought a fire extinguisher (red of course) its not arrived yet. need to fix my doorcards as passengers have pulled the left one off at the top, and my dad pulled the driver side one off at the top when he borrowed it for ONE journey. bought some new clips and glue to repair the part which tore away, so just need some time free from my uni masters course to fix them... also need a new front right ABS speed sensor, a new lambda sensor and a new clutch (cos the TOB is audible when the clutch is depressed and at 93,000 miles the clutch must be nearly due anyway, gonna get my (not so warped any more, but still a little vibration) new brake disks fitted, just need time and a flat road, 45 degrees is a stupid road to live on! - At least i dont get flooded... Hopefully maybe during next summer I want to swap to a silver mk1 Audi TT 225, i love driving the lupo, and nothing will ever drive as well, but I've run out of things I want to do to it now... it all just seems like maintenance.