what car next?

mrzogs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really? why would you only get a polo gti when you could have a proper car like a TTRS ?

Attraction to small cars I guess. No kids, so no need for a big car, and TT is not my style, have and S3 over that.

There are lots of people on here who could afford to spend on a bigger better car, but choose not to.

I for one like to be able to be frivolous when the mood takes me, so 'stuff' tying all my money up in a flash car or house.

I've got what I need and a little extra for fun and my life meanders along its mery way quite happily.

Regarding the 'abuse'; I doubt the OP really expected anything else to be honest.

I know some very well off people one of which potters about in a battered 1.1 saxo, his other car Is a top of the range bently . Both do the same job really .

if you had 25k plus were on 4k a month then you wouldn't be looking at second hand cars.

if you think you'll be paying 10% tax on 4k a month you are sadly mistaken too.

i love it when sales people say "other guys in my position are earning blah blah blah amount."

the sales guys in the company i work for are all on more or less the same basic wage, and they obviously all have the same earning potential, but yet the top guys are earning £150k a year while the bottom guys are taking home a few hundred quid commission on top of their basic.

you might think you are gonna earn that amount, but i'll stick my neck on the line and say you are a dreamer.

really? why would you only get a polo gti when you could have a proper car like a TTRS ?

says the boy who drives a lupo gti which the vast majority of this country would classify as a girls car :rolleyes:

you look about 12 in your photo on your profile, so yes i called you boy.

God, ive missed you. lol!

Oil rigs?

Nah, He's a safety hazard... Too F**king stupid to work with anything that requires health and safety inspections or liability insurance.

My step dad is earning just above 8000 grand a month

eight million a month? F**k!!

Edited by nfbr

Whats the deal with all these new cars having this dog **** dsg box?

and that's exactly why a local lad to us (a racing driver, and a very talented one at that) has sworn by the DSG box in his VW's... when he has an opinion on stuff like this he's the sort of person you sit up and take notice to :) oh he drives a TTRS too :lol:

DSG is fantastic though, I've only been a passenger in a car with one and it's so much better than a manual, it's simply much much quicker than any human gear change. Would love to try one properly.

lol... Adam K you've been missed. At least you still pop up when people are full of ****.

DSG is fantastic though, I've only been a passenger in a car with one and it's so much better than a manual, it's simply much much quicker than any human gear change. Would love to try one properly.

I agree, save for reliability, there are no downsides

I agree, save for reliability, there are no downsides

DSG or any other option that takes away the clutch and manual is a bad idea that compromises lots of driving situations and spoils the interaction and enjoyment of a good engine. Any real petrol head that enjoys driving would always want a manual for that stretch of perfect road on a quiet Sunday morning.

Other downsides of DSG - rubbish in snow and icy situations where they change up when you start wheel spinning and generally loose the plot, a manual gives you a lot more control for slipping the clutch and finding traction.

In emergency situations where you could leave your car in gear and jump forward on the starter motor you can't on an electronically controlled gearbox, limits your options in an emergency stop etc.

They help manufacturers pass emissions tests though when driven you tend to change gear more often and get lower mpg even though the official figures suggest otherwise. They change up too soon in normal mode but hold onto every gear too long is you aren't in the mood but have sport mode engaged. Remove the interaction of that perfect heal and toe down shift, removes the short shift option of going second to sixth and makes driving more like a playstation game. Didn't want SMG in my M3 which is one of the more interactive semi-automated manuals, didn't like dsg in audi's I have driven.

Fine if you can't drive a manual correctly, do a lot of stop start traffic and didn't want a full automatic, or just don't want to be shown up at the lights and think you are a race driver. Any true petrol head would prefer a manual IMO

Edited by Crusoe

Ooof. And here's me looking at Passat/Audi estates...

Aye, TDi it should do you for double what i get to a tank. Or there abouts. I think a standard passat is a 60litre tank anyway, the W8's an 80.

Should last a decent amount of time though, as long as you're not silly and buy a W8 like Rob... :lol:

Just out of curiosity, what's your dad get in his flagship? ;)